Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Shikishima Is Awesome!

7 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,478 posts
14,198 battles

Just got the Shikishima today and played a few battles in it and found it to be an awesome ship. Making me wonder if the CCs were either wrong about the ship initially, downplayed the ship to get it past WG nerf hammers, or else WG buffed it just before release because it’s been excellent so far.

And the player reactions have been hilarious ranging from awe to terror. My teams have been far not supportive towards me in Shikishima, and enemy players scatter in terror. Might have something to do with how the gun sounds authoritatively travel across the map. The main gun shells don’t over pen as much as is commonly thought, with instead scoring a lot of full pen hits, and being accurate even at very long ranges. ( Have spotter plane on the ship so I can shoot across the map to the other flank if enemy targets are unavailable currently on my flank.)

Secondary guns are a lot of fun and have stripped down a few ships already with those, and AA guns are really nice nearly scoring AA expert today before the enemy CV finally got the hint and kept their planes and extremely respectful distance from my ship and so any nearby allies were also safe. I ran the math between Shikishima and Kurfurst and the Shikishima secondary guns outclass the the GK in potential DPM, shell damage, shell velocity, and fire chances. Hello to the new secondary king of tier X lol.

Oh and scoring triple digit damage scores feels far more effortless than any of my other ships thanks to how hard those main guns hit. Lol have gotten a lot of fun messages in battles from enemy players that heard my guns from across the map and then get hit with sizable HP losses if they survive.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,478 posts
14,198 battles
8 minutes ago, TheGreatKiller26 said:

Shikishima is a very good ship, getting good PR thought is actually hard bcause most player having it are decent.

Well for 24,000 Steel with resource ship coupon applied means a player will have to have some good experience in playing the game to get their hands on it.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,502 posts
20,297 battles

Glad to see someone has fun with battleships... :Smile_unsure:

[POP]
Members
963 posts
8,474 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatKiller26 said:

Shikishima is a very good ship, getting good PR thought is actually hard bcause most player having it are decent.

I have the same problem in my Ohio and my Flint.  Post good stats but not good enough for a great player rating due to the type of people that have and play those ships.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,031 posts
13,958 battles

Just remember, she still sports a Yamato hull, so goes with how easy she can be to citadel if not careful.:Smile_Default:  While I only do Co-Op, I already have 128 battles in mine and I'm loving her!  As you have witnessed in Random, I've witnessed in Co-Op any time MM Mirrors mine.  More than a few times I'll see 2 or 3 on the other side of the map cut and run behind an island (BB's included), or make their way to the other side of the map when they see the Bot Shiki on their side.:Smile_veryhappy:

Thing is, her dispersion reminds me of Mushashi's, only with 3 less guns.  I've had times where I'll fire a salvo, and they will go out grouped better than any cruiser, only to land like it was Mikasa that fired.  I've also seen some splits that would make a FR BB blush.  I'm still too excited using her to get her "sweet spot" range down, but that can come later. :Smile_playing:

Sign in to follow this