Hapa_Fodder

Simón Bolívar Day

13 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,865 posts
13,302 battles

Join us for the festive celebration of Simon Bolivar’s birthday by completing the special Día de Simón Bolívar mission!

Read it on the portal

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,842 posts
15,033 battles

Glade we get a chance to honor this great man. He's an interesting interesting historical person.

Also, I wonder if this is WG's way of saying we'll soon be having a "Pan South American" ship line added to the game?:cap_hmm:

• Cool 3

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,530 posts
18,811 battles

• Cool 1

[GROVE]
Members
22 posts
1 hour ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

The video does not have much historical reality since the map shown is wrong, the Spanish empire never had control of southern South America

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,530 posts
18,811 battles
29 minutes ago, Shark_Silent1 said:

The video does not have much historical reality since the map shown is wrong, the Spanish empire never had control of southern South America

Maybe you should bring that up those points with the person that made the video. For me I recalled this video in the past. I know something of the subject, but only in light reading. And I thought Spain did have something to do with South America, why the revolt then?

[GROVE]
Members
22 posts
5 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simón_Bolívar 

he born in Venezuela he need flag Venezuela , is as to see flag canada with  face george washinton.

Wikipedia is not a trustworthy source, anyone can edit the topics and add information to their liking, the thing about the flag may be because Bolivia was founded inspired by the name of Bolivar, one that does not have much relationship with that country and Bolivar was clearly born in the country. captain general of venezuela which at that time was Spanish territory.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1 post
On 7/24/2020 at 7:17 AM, rafael_azuaje said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simón_Bolívar 

he born in Venezuela he need flag Venezuela , is as to see flag canada with  face george washinton.

Simon Bolivar founded Bolivia.

Bolivia is named after Simon Bolivar.

Simon Bolivar was Bolivia's first leader.

Simon Bolivar wrote Bolivia's first constitution.

Therefore, Bolivia's flag is a perfectly logical choice to celebrate Simon Bolivar's birthday.

Wargaming could have also have chosen one of the original flags of Gran Colombia.  Or they could have used the flag of Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Panama or maybe Peru also.

So, basically, Simon Bolivar had a huge influence on most of South America and many areas can lay claim to him being their "El Libertador".

Also, George Washington's army did not liberate Canada from the British.

• Cool 1

Members
1 post
1,055 battles

I pressed the participate button, but I can't find the missions in game. Anyone else have this problem? Am I missing something?

Edit: Never mind, I found the missions. 

Edited by U_50
I found the missions in game.
  • Cool 1

[OBS]
Members
16 posts
6,380 battles

And when will you expand the Panamerican tech tree Wargaming? Insignias are cool but we have had the Nueve de Julio for years with no expectation to see any more of them soon... The latinamerican market is not interesting apparently.

Edited by Zywl