Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
celticboy27

WOWS Swag Shop: Fill Me In!

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

40
[WHEE]
Members
61 posts
1,942 battles

New(ish) player here, only been around since December of 2019, so I’m behind the curve on what happened, if anything, with a WOWS gift shop.

 

I’m seeing pictures of WOWS ship model kits, coffee mugs, plushie torpedoes, etc. floating around the web, but the WG store only has WOT shenanigans on there. Was a WOWS store ever a thing, or is it going to be? 
 

Now I’ve taken a couple online MBA courses so I’m pretty much an expert on making money (/s), and I can clearly see WeeGee would make a KILLING on WOWS swag.  
 

Not only could they sell typical gift-type stuff for Christmas gifts and the like, but as an example they could easily sell ship model kits or toy ships for both historical legends (a la Bismarck, Hood, Yammy, and Iowa and all that), but also in-game only paper ships that no one else builds (Odin, Georgia, heck even a Smolensk that doubles as a grill lighter), giving WG exclusive products for an already established customer base. Heck, they could even leverage the products of USNI and the weeb companies, easy day. 
 

I mean, WG is a business that is plenty good at making money, so I find it hard to believe they wouldn’t want to capitalize on this. 

 

Insight/thoughts?

Edited by celticboy27
I can’t spell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
732 posts
6,283 battles

In NA they have not implemented one. Other regions do. Theres some goodies in the hands of CCs that can be won for a prize or donating sometimes to a good cause. I have one of the Warships jackets for donating during a live stream to support the Batfish restoration project. Hopefully someday we will have an NA goody shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[WHEE]
Members
61 posts
1,942 battles
23 minutes ago, Capn_Nugget said:

In NA they have not implemented one. Other regions do. Theres some goodies in the hands of CCs that can be won for a prize or donating sometimes to a good cause. I have one of the Warships jackets for donating during a live stream to support the Batfish restoration project. Hopefully someday we will have an NA goody shop.

Huh. Now that’s weird they’d limit it to some regions. Maybe some weird trade regulations or something but I doubt it. I heard some people saying NA is the most lucrative WOWS region, which would be double strange for them not to sell here. 

Thanks for the backfill though!

What’s good @Hapa_Fodder? You good people at WG getting tired of North American cash money? :cap_yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,310
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,815 posts
13,283 battles

Thanks for the tag!

So yes, we used to have a swag shop but TBH the work required to maintain this essentially created more of a problem then a solution. Currently if you want ship models like the ones you might see behind me during our community streams, Amazon is where you get them, directly from COBI.

That being said, keep your eyes open for perhaps say, a new Warships shirt store coming soon! :Smile_izmena: We're hoping to work out a more streamlined system and swag shortly! (also I would rather give swag away than make you pay for it, just sayin)

Mahalo,

-Hapa

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,712
[RLGN]
Members
13,728 posts
23,949 battles
23 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

That being said, keep your eyes open for perhaps say, a new Warships shirt store coming soon! :Smile_izmena: We're hoping to work out a more streamlined system and swag shortly! (also I would rather give swag away than make you pay for it, just sayin)

Mahalo,

-Hapa

As long as it include Torpillows. :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,973
[WOLFG]
Members
8,830 posts
7,308 battles
25 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Thanks for the tag!

So yes, we used to have a swag shop but TBH the work required to maintain this essentially created more of a problem then a solution. Currently if you want ship models like the ones you might see behind me during our community streams, Amazon is where you get them, directly from COBI.

That being said, keep your eyes open for perhaps say, a new Warships shirt store coming soon! :Smile_izmena: We're hoping to work out a more streamlined system and swag shortly! (also I would rather give swag away than make you pay for it, just sayin)

Mahalo,

-Hapa

I'm not certain I fit in streamlined swag.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,296
[WOOK3]
Members
4,170 posts
3,208 battles

Why not just get some designs up on one of the web shops like teespring or teepublic and be done with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,242 posts
9,256 battles
6 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Why not just get some designs up on one of the web shops like teespring or teepublic and be done with it?

+1

I could be wrong, but I think there are places that sell T-shirts and coffee mugs and other stuff that they produce "on-demand" from existing stocks of un-finished goods that merely wait for decorative logos and other stuff to be applied to finish the product.

This would take the warehousing headaches off of WOWs and the WOWs premium shop could merely be a "middle-man" that originates the order to be fulfilled and shipped via an authorized vendor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,359
[-K-]
Members
8,162 posts
13,463 battles
12 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

As long as it include Torpillows. :Smile_hiding:

And a Bad Advice Cap plush doll too!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×