Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Please allow coupons to work for Research Bureau ships

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

31,401
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,564 posts
17,892 battles

See title. I'm sure allowing coupons to work for Research Bureau ships would increase interest in the Research Bureau.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,401
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,564 posts
17,892 battles
7 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

While I agree with you Lert sadly the fact you have to completely reset everything leaves me at a solid no still.

That's your choice. Personally I don't find it that bad to regrind a line every three months for double points. That way points keep coming in at a rate of 20k every season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,490
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,656 posts
13,997 battles
30 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

While I agree with you Lert sadly the fact you have to completely reset everything leaves me at a solid no still.

The same here. I don't mind the idea of grinding the experience for each ship again. But not having access until you have ground back up to a ship makes it a no go because I usually only play a ship for the first win bonus and then play another ship so the regrind would be very long.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,712
[RLGN]
Members
13,725 posts
23,946 battles
40 minutes ago, Lert said:

That's your choice. Personally I don't find it that bad to regrind a line every three months for double points. That way points keep coming in at a rate of 20k every season.

Exactly. Have never seen it as ‘worth it,’ which is my choice.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,621
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,447 posts
10,870 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Exactly. Have never seen it as ‘worth it,’ which is my choice.

I am with you as well and it’s my choice also . 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,030 posts
13,912 battles
54 minutes ago, Lert said:

See title. I'm sure allowing coupons to work for Research Bureau ships would increase interest in the Research Bureau.

What do you suggest on how often the RB Coupon resets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,401
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,564 posts
17,892 battles
2 hours ago, Volron said:

What do you suggest on how often the RB Coupon resets?

That makes it sound like you think I'm suggesting a seperate coupon for RB. I just want the regular one to also count for RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,030 posts
13,912 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

That makes it sound like you think I'm suggesting a seperate coupon for RB. I just want the regular one to also count for RB.

I'd think that if they were to add RB ships to a coupon use, they would have a separate coupon for it.  Eh, I'm on the fence on this then.  On the one hand, it would allow one to get an RB ship slightly cheaper, but on the other hand Coal and Steel are quite a bit harder to gather than XP, even with time factored in.  If they do allow it, that is fine, but I most definitely will not use it on an RB ship.  I rather use it on a Coal/Steel ship, since those are more difficult to come by in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[UN1]
Members
1,060 posts
3,396 battles
13 hours ago, Lert said:

That's your choice. Personally I don't find it that bad to regrind a line every three months for double points. That way points keep coming in at a rate of 20k every season.

I agree, and agree with the title.  Replaying a line again at a rate of 24k RB points every 3 months is waaaaay faster than most people realize.  That's a new ship at a rate just a little bit faster than I'll grind out a coal or FXP ship (coal rates are A LOT faster if you complete your dailies), and some tech trees are fantastic and a lot of fun to play again.

I'm probably one of the few, but I love the Research Bureau.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,401
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,564 posts
17,892 battles
57 minutes ago, Ranari said:

I'm probably one of the few, but I love the Research Bureau.

I wouldn't go that far myself, but it has led to the addition of two rather fun ships to my port, Ohio and Siegfried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
229
[WOLF5]
Members
872 posts
32,429 battles
15 hours ago, Lert said:

See title. I'm sure allowing coupons to work for Research Bureau ships would increase interest in the Research Bureau.

Why limit it to RB ships? There should also be a coupon for the UU that you get via RB as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,401
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,564 posts
17,892 battles
36 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Why limit it to RB ships? There should also be a coupon for the UU that you get via RB as well. 

Because there is a ships specific coupon, that this thread is about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
193
[IROCZ]
Members
220 posts
18,548 battles

i reset my lines with the most perma camos, 4 camos in 1 line, 3 in another, so the re-grind is stupid fast,  try it that way if your worried it takes to long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
229
[WOLF5]
Members
872 posts
32,429 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Because there is a ships specific coupon, that this thread is about.

But Lert, remember there's also a coupon for coal special upgrades, so if you're lobbying for a coupon for RB ships in addition to coal/doubs coupons, then there should also be a coupon for the UUs since there's a coupon for coal special upgrade modules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,401
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,564 posts
17,892 battles
3 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

But Lert, remember there's also a coupon for coal special upgrades, so if you're lobbying for a coupon for RB ships in addition to coal/doubs coupons, then there should also be a coupon for the UUs since there's a coupon for coal special upgrade modules

Then go make a thread about that. This is about the ship one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
598 posts
19 hours ago, Lert said:

That's your choice. Personally I don't find it that bad to regrind a line every three months for double points. That way points keep coming in at a rate of 20k every season.

To me it's just not worth it, the Research Bureau was and still is a horrible mechanic that should have been scrapped. I don't know why Wargaming keeps trying to salvage it, there are other things in the game that people actually like they could try to salvage but instead they are ignoring it for a lemon mechanic. 

Edited by Neko_Ship_Akashi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×