You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_cthulhu_

What is with these Deutschland CVs?

49 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
1,188 posts
10,256 battles

I have gotten missions for 2 now and I can't stand CVs... Can I transfer them to someone?

Incidentally, the T4 is op for scouting and engagement,  but terrible at actually doing work...

wth kind of game design is that?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Members
235 posts
4,716 battles

You don't have to complete the missions, nor do you have to play CVs.

Imo, it feels like the German CVs will have one of the highest skill gaps of the CVs with their bizarre drop patterns and speed.

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Members
793 posts
6,166 battles

IMHO the German CV's are complete trash. The aiming reticle is so messed up and the AP rockets are useless against DD's.

Once again it's just another ship line the WG didn't thoroughly think about before releasing.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,336 posts
5,233 battles

German CVs are incredibly underpowered. Dive bombers aren't accurate, torps don't do decent damage, and rockets are iffy....

All you need is half a brain when facing them and you're safe.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,127 posts
30 minutes ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

Imo, it feels like the German CVs will have one of the highest skill gaps of the CVs with their bizarre drop patterns and speed.

Bizarre. Good descriptor. The rockets aim is different but the dive bombers are definitely bizarre. I like that these carriers are so very different from the rest but getting the feel for how they work will take a casual carrier driver like myself several more games to get. I'm still on the fence.

On the plus side, once again the art department aced the visuals.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 2

Supertester
92 posts
12,077 battles

German CVs are high skill high reward. I don’t expect this to be a popular line, especially for players who have never played a CV before.

German CVs are very unforgiving of poor play and imo may of the players who rate them as weak have yet to understand the quirks of the line.

• Cool 1

[BB22]
Members
542 posts
6,632 battles
1 minute ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

German CVs are high skill high reward. I don’t expect this to be a popular line, especially for players who have never played a CV before.

German CVs are very unforgiving of poor play and imo may of the players who rate them as weak have yet to understand the quirks of the line.

This is my suspicion. 

I anticipate this being a potential pick in clan battles. Where communication can set up brutal hits.

Supertester
92 posts
12,077 battles
2 minutes ago, MinkeWhale said:

This is my suspicion. 

I anticipate this being a potential pick in clan battles. Where communication can set up brutal hits.

Hard to say. Hakuryu has set a very high bar for CVs in CBs and MvR may struggle to replicate her success.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,336 posts
5,233 battles
15 minutes ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

Could you provide tips/videos then? Help the community understand?

[BB22]
Members
542 posts
6,632 battles
13 minutes ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

Hard to say. Hakuryu has set a very high bar for CVs in CBs and MvR may struggle to replicate her success.

Right.  Until it can be tested, just seems possible. May be the worst.  The potential of ap rockets at t10 is "interesting".  

I just wish rockets were out.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,118 posts
6,095 battles

Supposedly, I heard that their weak-but-fast torpedoes are meant for catching DD's, since their AP rocket planes are mainly for cruisers instead. Whether it'll work well as intended remains to be seen... but it's still what WG seems to go for with these CV's. Personally, I'm not so sure, since the torpedoes don't seem fast enough for that purpose.

The dive bombers are very wonky to use... but still faaaaar better than GZ's (GZ's dive bombers need some serious help). If you manage to land citadels on some cruiser or BB, it can net some... okayish damage. They're probably the best part about the whole German CV line, IMHO.

Their secondaries aren't as good as GZ's, but they still get extended base range and supposedly the same kind of accuracy as the ones on Massachusetts... so speccing for a secondary build is something worth considering, I say. Sure, they're tiny little 105mm pop guns, but they still fire fast and can set fires decently. Only exception to this is Rhein at Tier IV, since she has too few guns: only four guns total. Yikes.

As someone else already said, they seem to be a "high risk, high reward" kind of line. I feel like I should agree... but that's just me... lol. :Smile_hiding:

My two AP rockets. Please take them not with a grain of salt, but with a grain of sugar... lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,663 posts
13,998 battles
1 hour ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

Yeah, the attack patterns are rather strange. My suggestion for anyone that gets one is to spend a lot of time in co-op to learn those patterns.

[RKLES]
Members
12,443 posts
14,160 battles
1 hour ago, _cthulhu_ said:

I have gotten missions for 2 now and I can't stand CVs... Can I transfer them to someone?

Incidentally, the T4 is op for scouting and engagement,  but terrible at actually doing work...

wth kind of game design is that?

If you do not want the German CVs they can always be sold for credits...

Supertester
92 posts
12,077 battles
21 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Could you provide tips/videos then? Help the community understand?

On twitch, Gaishu and CitizenS9 sometimes streams CV gameplay including German CVs. You can look through their past broadcasts or ask them directly if they are live.

Due to their status as early access ships, it may be difficult to find specific advice for German CV 

• Cool 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,188 posts
10,256 battles

Not only that, the rocket reticle doesnt sync up, you line up in front of the ship you attack, click for attack and the reticle goes behind the target and you cant see it...

[SIMP]
Members
1,188 posts
10,256 battles
16 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If you do not want the German CVs they can always be sold for credits...

I would rather give them to someone who wants them...

Members
777 posts
5,404 battles
1 hour ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

As far as I’m seeing, Hakuryu does everything better including not praying for torps to hit on DDs but you may be right. I still think a Uni would do way better in a Haku.

[RLGN]
Members
13,734 posts
23,957 battles

So; what your saying, is that once again WG is pandering to the small percentage of poor, misunderstood, bored deep purple players, and to hell with what everyone else might think.

[CJN]
Members
70 posts
4 minutes ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

As far as I’m seeing, Hakuryu does everything better including not praying for torps to hit on DDs but you may be right. I still think a Uni would do way better in a Haku.

It does not kill other Hakuryus better; there is going to be quite a bit of CVs crying once it is released ;)

[SIDE]
Members
4,127 posts

I think you might be correct. It's a big change from IJN US to German for a casual like myself. I imagine their will be some condemnation for this style from the brand new and old school alike. That doesn't mean it's bad IMHO. It's just a big adjustment.

[CJN]
Members
70 posts
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

So; what your saying, is that once again WG is pandering to the small percentage of poor, misunderstood, bored deep purple players, and to hell with what everyone else might think.

Last I checked the Percival is outpacing the other t8 tech CVs in damage and xp.

Members
777 posts
5,404 battles
3 minutes ago, speedr said:

It does not kill other Hakuryus better; there is going to be quite a bit of CVs crying once it is released ;)

Yeah good luck with that

[CJN]
Members
70 posts
1 minute ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

Yeah good luck with that

Go view the pen values of the t10 rockets and bombs then do the math. Or just play t10 CVs until a ST does it to you.

Members
777 posts
5,404 battles
Just now, speedr said:

Go view the pen values of the t10 rockets and bombs then do the math. Or just play t10 CVs until a ST does it to you.

Where are any of the penetration values listed for any of the AP rockets? Certainly not in the tool tabs.