You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pirate_Named_Sue

Win Records Tracking Question

12 comments in this topic

[VORTX]
Members
663 posts
8,412 battles

Is there any way to track your win/ loss record over the previous week or two weeks or so?

I feel like the last two weeks or so have been atrocious. I had worked really hard at getting up to 50% and I almost had 52% but the last two weeks have tanked me really badly it seems. Or at least it feels that way. I am consistently top 5 and haven't had too many "derp" games but man its been rough! I am trying to refocus on just enjoying the game, but its difficult when so much emphasis seems to be placed on wins. I am used to bad days, but it seems like I haven't had a winning day record in weeks. :cap_book:

• Cool 1

[PUMA]
Members
1,175 posts
11,019 battles
Just now, Fifi_Macaffee said:

Is there any way to track your win/ loss record over the previous week or two weeks or so?

I use Excel... :-)

[SALVO]
Members
3,509 posts
7,402 battles
4 minutes ago, Fifi_Macaffee said:

I feel like the last two weeks or so have been atrocious. I had worked really hard at getting up to 50% and I almost had 52% but the last two weeks have tanked me really badly it seems. Or at least it feels that way. I am consistently top 5 and haven't had too many "derp" games but man its been rough! I am trying to refocus on just enjoying the game, but its difficult when so much emphasis seems to be placed on wins. I am used to bad days, but it seems like I haven't had a winning day record in weeks. :cap_book:

https://na.wows-numbers.com/  

Put your name in there then go to your progress tab rather then the default "summary" tab.  It will break things down for you there. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Thanks 1

[VORTX]
Members
663 posts
8,412 battles
15 minutes ago, eviltane said:

https://na.wows-numbers.com/  

Put your name in there then go to your progress tab.  It will break things down for you there. 

This is great. Suckage confirmed. Win rate has plateaued and even fallen a bit. Positive notes average damage and Xp are still rising steadily. Thanks!

[KWF]
Members
6,413 posts
7,157 battles
6 minutes ago, Fifi_Macaffee said:

This is great. Suckage confirmed. Win rate has plateaued and even fallen a bit. Positive notes average damage and Xp are still rising steadily. Thanks!

Consider your average tier is increasing as well as your survival rate, which are pretty important too.

Edited by warheart1992

[SALVO]
Members
3,509 posts
7,402 battles
17 minutes ago, Fifi_Macaffee said:

Nyah sort of. You do have to bear in mind that loosing streaks do happen as much as win streaks happen.     Take a look at my graph over the past years.  I always surge up then plateau or even loose some rating as I am doing right now,  then surge back ahead and climb again.  Its the nature of the beast.   My XP is falling ever since I stopped renewing my premium.   In the end WR and PR becomes important over the long haul, where the general trend is pointing. 

[VORTX]
Members
663 posts
8,412 battles
1 hour ago, eviltane said:

Nyah sort of. You do have to bear in mind that loosing streaks do happen as much as win streaks happen.     Take a look at my graph over the past years.  I always surge up then plateau or even loose some rating as I am doing right now,  then surge back ahead and climb again.  Its the nature of the beast.   My XP is falling ever since I stopped renewing my premium.   In the end WR and PR becomes important over the long haul, where the general trend is pointing. 

Thanks appreciate the input.

1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Consider your average tier is increasing as well as your survival rate, which are pretty important too.

Thanks, changes my insight a bit! Very happy to have found a way of tracking that data.

[FORM]
Members
2,388 posts
13,548 battles
3 hours ago, Fifi_Macaffee said:

FWIW, some ships are not nearly as good as others with helping you to carry for your team. Especially if you are grinding out stock ones in the tech tree, or learning a completely different type of ship. So don't beat yourself up too much about being in a winrate slump, overtime I find that they always balance out.

Edited by TheArc
  • Cool 1

[AOI]
Members
282 posts

You have to understand this game is based heavily on RNG and you have no control over that part..In random games you have no control over what team you our getting and no control over your ships placement in its tier range..When you play wow in random games only your W/L record  does not always reflect the reality of your skills as an individual player..Take me for example I am a lone wolf that likes tier 5 through 8 and I only play random games..In the past 3o days my average damage output has increased almost 20% but my W/L is well below my average..I just lost 14 out of 16 games the past two days..I try to support my team mates follow the basic tactics for each map and my general game play has improved but my losses still mount this month..Why is this you ask..If I am in a game with all ships at my ships tier I play well enough in most games to overcome the weakness of 2 or 3 really bad players on my team and still pull out a win for our team..The reality is though I spend 75% of games bottom tier and that makes it almost impossible to win when you get a team with a handful of bad players..The point is if you play this game like me as a lone wolf in random games and enjoy playing the ships at all tiers do not expect to have a great win loss record..If you want to play to win and you want a great W/L ratio do the following to help improve your record.

1 get a premium account 

2.when you get to tier ten stay and play there so you never have to worry about being bottom tier..

3.Find a clan and players that play well and division up with them when you play

4.learn the tactics for each map/mechanics of the game. practice what you learn

5.Spend money as you can mount up to 20 flags now and many will give some small advantages.

6.Have fun

Many people on wow will try to beat you down because of your stats and game play do not let them get you down..I had a game a while back where I killed 7 out of the 10 ships on the enemy team almost completely by myself and we still lost. I never once harassed my team mates in chat during that game..The good players in this game will give you advice and never attack you for your stats or game play..

If you play the game because of all the great ships at every tier and your stats and win loss record is not so much of a priority to you then have fun and enjoy the game as you wish..I have to remind my self of all this advice sometimes when I am having a long losing streak or someone attacks me in chat..The forums is a great place to share your good times and your bad times..Glad you posted your thoughts

Edited by timinindiana
  • Cool 1

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
600 posts
16,757 battles

I turned my stats on Private so I don't look at wow numbers anymore. I got too caught up in my stats that it was taking away from the enjoyment of the game.

Now I play for fun, if I win or lose, I don't care anymore.

Sad part is, since I've had this attitude, I think my stats actually improved. The "worrying" about always winning may have been pushing me to "Win Harder" and getting sunk easier.

• Cool 1

[AOI]
Members
282 posts
On 7/22/2020 at 9:45 PM, Gemlin said:

I turned my stats on Private so I don't look at wow numbers anymore. I got too caught up in my stats that it was taking away from the enjoyment of the game.

Now I play for fun, if I win or lose, I don't care anymore.

Sad part is, since I've had this attitude, I think my stats actually improved. The "worrying" about always winning may have been pushing me to "Win Harder" and getting sunk easier.

Yeah I have to remember my own advice sometimes and put it to use..Like you said have fun..I have been on wows for over 4 years and one of issues is the losing streaks can be long and brutal now..I remember when an average player would go through short streaks of winning and losing in random games..I never seen long losing streaks that could last 10 to 20 games until the past year or so..As I posted above I lost 14 games in a row and that is when even the most level headed player can become frustrated..What I do now is just avoid wow all together when things get bad..I have been off for 4 days now..Just got on again a month ago after not playing a game of wow for 3 months..This is not the same game it was 4 years ago and I hope the day never comes when it is no longer fun at all and I never return..