You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

PT 0.9.7, balance changes

13 comments in this topic

[DCMA]
Members
596 posts
11,691 battles

Not sure to what degree they are balance changes but welcome changes nevertheless, thanks :cap_like:

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,311 posts
12,949 battles

any love for the low tiers is appreciated. However, it would be nice for some plating buffs and torpedo defense buffs to ships in the tiers 2-5 brackets. some tie 2-4 missions would also be a bonus: AA be damned...

[-N-]
Members
2,251 posts
15,323 battles

If you have to use the basically the A hull to get stuff, doesn't seem worth it.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,395 posts
18,351 battles

What does it actually mean that the Richelieu's speedboost and fighter/spotter are swapped?

[WOLFG]
Members
12,579 posts
11,676 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What does it actually mean that the Richelieu's speedboost and fighter/spotter are swapped?

You hit speedboost, and the fighter takes off.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,395 posts
18,351 battles
12 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

You hit speedboost, and the fighter takes off.

Alternatively: the fighter gets the speed boost. 

• Funny 1

[WAMMY]
Members
2,585 posts
14,425 battles

Hey

Need to do something with the Z35 since there is nothing that it brings to the table that you can't do with the Z23.  They need to give it 8km torps, or reduce the detection of the ship down to around 5.8km or so.  As it is, its a poor DD with no real reason for being since there are so many other T8 DD's that are much more fun to play, more usable in most situation and is a poorly executed German DD.  Don't waste your money!

Pete

• Cool 1

Members
8 posts
11,620 battles

Balanced My [edited], the German ships were the cream of the crop and have been reduced to CRAP with all the Russian BI-[edited], I shot a point blank broadside at a cruiser and half missed the ship, your aiming algorithm SUCKS [edited]. In the real world the rich buy the best equipment hence the USA and it's mighty arsenal, 

You need to let us buy better accuracy to compensate for your crapprogramming and buy captains points to improve ships you guys have sold us that turn out to be screwed up!!!!

Long time player, but not a real fan of you developers and your Cossack bias....

• Cool 1

Members
1 post

I don't know if it's a play balance but I've just about pulled all my hair out over how often my ships are subjected to heavy damage, less than 10 hits destroying my ship. At tier 1-5 didn't happen often enough for me to take notice. Now it happens multiple games in a row and is seriously frustrating. And I understand running CA vs BB it's going to happen, but it when I'm the 1 playing the BB seeing my hits go for overs or richs I just wonder how every first broadside I take is taking out hal of my ships HP and the next hit I'm dead. 

[HBQC]
Members
1 post
5,833 battles
hello, I am worried about the balance of the boats 
because I have just listened to several broadcast of Kots and I noticed that only some boat always came back
(especially the Russian boats) why we do not see the other boast from what I know there are more than 6 t10 in the game

someone know why??
Edited by Uzes

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,461 posts
10,717 battles
On 8/1/2020 at 12:54 PM, Stevenjayclt1 said:

Balanced My [edited], the German ships were the cream of the crop and have been reduced to CRAP with all the Russian BI-[edited], I shot a point blank broadside at a cruiser and half missed the ship, your aiming algorithm SUCKS [edited]. In the real world the rich buy the best equipment hence the USA and it's mighty arsenal, 

You need to let us buy better accuracy to compensate for your crapprogramming and buy captains points to improve ships you guys have sold us that turn out to be screwed up!!!!

Long time player, but not a real fan of you developers and your Cossack bias....

German ships were not the cream of the crop... but they were several decades ahead of the garbage the soviet union had and built up to the 1960s for all practical purposes. 

Its not bad programming either. Its just very craftily and subtle how they coded in all the moronic soviet bias advantages. Shells with flat ballistics + dispersion reduction the closer you get (no other nation has this btw) + super-pen AP and fire-set hidden stats all benefiting soviet boats result in extremely high firepower. The armor schemes with stalinium bows at high tiers and absurd engine power make them the only ships where CRUISERS tank better than BBs of other nations 2 tiers higher than them. Finally you get the cute design of their armor layouts.. all soviet boats have 'big side broadsides' (as if most other nations didn't..thats hilarious) .. but theirs are located towards the BACK of the ship so unless the ship is perfectly 90 degrees flat to you, your chances of hitting a soviet boat in the citadels is reduced by 75% the moment it angles slightly with bow towards you. Why? The aiming system of the game itself can't aim shells that way.. the guns get the range based on the centerpoint only and raising the aim does not result in shells landing slightly aft of the near broadside ship.. they will instead fall on the upper deck. This is why you can easily citadel a BB facing you at an angle (like thunderer's citadel for example) but never one nearly flat broadside with its tail section angles slightly away... and if the citadels are there, voila, you will not get a citadel hit there no matter how much you try. 

Slava is another fantastic example. 'weak armor' is the excuse for giving it godlike accuracy and AP pen guns.... because it 'can't bow tank' ..no 50mm bow. But.. it does have a 100mm+ side bow strip.... and its citadels are aft too... so this ship just shows you its nose at ~20 degrees and it literally bow tanks just like a stalingrad. Balanz komrade. 

Members
9 posts
9,478 battles
10 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

German ships were not the cream of the crop... but they were several decades ahead of the garbage the soviet union had and built up to the 1960s for all practical purposes. 

Its not bad programming either. Its just very craftily and subtle how they coded in all the moronic soviet bias advantages. Shells with flat ballistics + dispersion reduction the closer you get (no other nation has this btw) + super-pen AP and fire-set hidden stats all benefiting soviet boats result in extremely high firepower. The armor schemes with stalinium bows at high tiers and absurd engine power make them the only ships where CRUISERS tank better than BBs of other nations 2 tiers higher than them. Finally you get the cute design of their armor layouts.. all soviet boats have 'big side broadsides' (as if most other nations didn't..thats hilarious) .. but theirs are located towards the BACK of the ship so unless the ship is perfectly 90 degrees flat to you, your chances of hitting a soviet boat in the citadels is reduced by 75% the moment it angles slightly with bow towards you. Why? The aiming system of the game itself can't aim shells that way.. the guns get the range based on the centerpoint only and raising the aim does not result in shells landing slightly aft of the near broadside ship.. they will instead fall on the upper deck. This is why you can easily citadel a BB facing you at an angle (like thunderer's citadel for example) but never one nearly flat broadside with its tail section angles slightly away... and if the citadels are there, voila, you will not get a citadel hit there no matter how much you try. 

Slava is another fantastic example. 'weak armor' is the excuse for giving it godlike accuracy and AP pen guns.... because it 'can't bow tank' ..no 50mm bow. But.. it does have a 100mm+ side bow strip.... and its citadels are aft too... so this ship just shows you its nose at ~20 degrees and it literally bow tanks just like a stalingrad. Balanz komrade. 

Mind. Blown.