Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lancelot0001

Some easy fix to current game

19 comments in this topic

[AZUR1]
Members
45 posts
2,202 battles

Increase a big amount exp on potential damage

(Potential damage is the damage that enemy ship can cause at you if all the shells did  100% damage, this potential damage is tied with you, and have a relation with exp)

As many of you aware,  there are always some players stay at back or the edge of the map, sniping or HE spam at max possible range. That's definitely an accpetable playstyle, but the teams' win or loss also depends on the # of those players in each team. (The team with less players doing such action can usually win; not always though)

2 simple relations exist:

Make more damage means more exp  -->  you need to be alive to make more damage  --> you can farm damage safely by staying back and shot at max range --> if someone is trying to chase you, you can run and keep distance while shot at max range

Make less damage means less exp --> you need to do other actions to gain exp like cap point, spotting enemy, etc --> you will probably die in halfway because enemy team shot you at their max range, and they will run if you chase

So, a easy way to farm more damage, can be done by stay at back and shot at max range with BB or HE Spam cruiser

The solution for this would be "encourage player to go forward, lead team to the victory", while reward those players more exp, by increase exp gain on potential damage

After all, what is the fun point by hide behind a mountain and keep click your mouse?

• Boring 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,767 posts
767 battles
3 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

After all, what is the fun point by hide behind a mountain and keep click your mouse?

Numbah go up! 

[SOFOP]
Members
2,343 posts
13,746 battles

XP for potential damage will NEVER get a buff, for one simple reason:  It would be WAY easy to abuse it in multiple ways.  Collude with the other team for 1....or play a DD and just dodge shells all game for 2.....

• Cool 2

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,815 posts
13,283 battles

^^^^^THIS

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[WOLF7]
Members
103 posts

One thing that might be nice is some sort of xp bonus for dodging torps within X amount of distance of your ship. Dodging a spread of 8 torps fired at you, weaving around/between them feels great, and *feels* like it takes a certain amount of skill. There's certainly plenty of videos on Youtube of people demonstrating this type of skill and awareness. "World of torpedos" vids by Yuro come to mind.

This is opposed to the xp you get from shell damage, for instance. RNG says a shell fired from one gun on one turret on your ships penetrates the citadel of a ship, where a shell from the gun next to it in the same turret, fired at the same time in a salvo flies over the ship you were aiming at and into the water.

If things that are determined by RNG can earn xp, why not things that take actual skill (using rudder and throttle to dodge torps/shells)? 

BTW, this is not a criticism, it's a legitimate question. Thanks!

[AZUR1]
Members
45 posts
2,202 battles
14 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

One thing that might be nice is some sort of xp bonus for dodging torps within X amount of distance of your ship. Dodging a spread of 8 torps fired at you, weaving around/between them feels great, and *feels* like it takes a certain amount of skill. There's certainly plenty of videos on Youtube of people demonstrating this type of skill and awareness. "World of torpedos" vids by Yuro come to mind.

This is opposed to the xp you get from shell damage, for instance. RNG says a shell fired from one gun on one turret on your ships penetrates the citadel of a ship, where a shell from the gun next to it in the same turret, fired at the same time in a salvo flies over the ship you were aiming at and into the water.

If things that are determined by RNG can earn xp, why not things that take actual skill (using rudder and throttle to dodge torps/shells)? 

BTW, this is not a criticism, it's a legitimate question. Thanks!

Because WG doesn't have such a good coding ability to distinguish between the skilled behavior and normal gameplay.

Or

It might not be worth to implement such functions. (like avoid more bugs)

[AZUR1]
Members
45 posts
2,202 battles
36 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

XP for potential damage will NEVER get a buff, for one simple reason:  It would be WAY easy to abuse it in multiple ways.  Collude with the other team for 1....or play a DD and just dodge shells all game for 2.....

Well, that's true.

This could probably be solved by giving more exp to "cap point".

And "dodge shells" is also an accpetable gameplay style

Members
243 posts
15,635 battles

Wait, but people sitting in the back trading ineffective fire with the enemy will get more potential damage, not less...

[SOFOP]
Members
2,343 posts
13,746 battles
5 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

And "dodge shells" is also an accpetable gameplay style

Never said it wasn't, but do you want to play in games where multiple people in the game are just dodging to get XP the entire time?

[AZUR1]
Members
45 posts
2,202 battles
6 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Never said it wasn't, but do you want to play in games where multiple people in the game are just dodging to get XP the entire time?

No, I definitely don't want to see it. But I believe it's better than encourage players to sit back and spam HE. 

[AZUR1]
Members
45 posts
2,202 battles
10 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

Wait, but people sitting in the back trading ineffective fire with the enemy will get more potential damage, not less...

No, they will not get more potential damage.

You may try to do it in game by hiding at back.

And you will see much less potential damage than normal gameplay. 

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
524 posts
11,908 battles
24 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

No, they will not get more potential damage.

You may try to do it in game by hiding at back.

And you will see much less potential damage than normal gameplay. 

A BB sitting 20 km away will have more shells miss his ship so will get more potential damage than if he pushed up close to the enemy

[OIL-1]
Members
907 posts
1 hour ago, Lancelot0001 said:

you can farm damage safely by staying back and shot at max range

I've always heard this, but never actually experienced it.
When I shoot from the back at max range, they shoot back at me. And sometimes they hit me. And it hurts. Real bad!
If you have figured out some secret way to farm damage 'safely', I recommend you do it and do it quick.
Because as soon as WG finds out, they 'will' change the game. I've seen it before.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,676 posts
17,478 battles

I'm not sure how many people play for XP.  I play to win.  XP comes along for the ride.  Some ships just do better in the longer range mode in some battles.  Play the ship to get the most out of it to WIN THE GAME.  That's it.  Changing XP won't change my style one bit.  Now, showing me the errors in my ways as I position incorrectly (e.g., too far away) as it affects the win.  I'll listen to that one.  But points?  Meh.

• Cool 1

[AZUR1]
Members
45 posts
2,202 battles
22 minutes ago, Admiral_Andy said:

A BB sitting 20 km away will have more shells miss his ship so will get more potential damage than if he pushed up close to the enemy

Yea, that's true if and only if:

1. The enemy ship has gun range larger than 20 KM

2. The enemy ship don't have other closer target located less than 20KM, that's means this 20KM BB is the closest target.

3. This BB is spotted.

• Cool 1

[AZUR1]
Members
45 posts
2,202 battles
12 minutes ago, z9_ said:

If you have figured out some secret way to farm damage 'safely', I recommend you do it and do it quick.
Because as soon as WG finds out, they 'will' change the game. I've seen it before.

There is no such secret way, many players know it, but seems you don't.

[KWF]
Members
4,169 posts
6,337 battles

If something should be fixed XP wise, it should be spotting damage. It would give CVs an alternative to the damage farm race and offer avenues for DDs to contribute even when faced with an overwhelming amount of counterplay.

[AZUR1]
Members
45 posts
2,202 battles
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

If something should be fixed XP wise, it should be spotting damage. It would give CVs an alternative to the damage farm race and offer avenues for DDs to contribute even when faced with an overwhelming amount of counterplay.

This could work

[RLGN]
Members
13,728 posts
23,949 battles
3 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I'm not sure how many people play for XP.  I play to win.  XP comes along for the ride.  Some ships just do better in the longer range mode in some battles.  Play the ship to get the most out of it to WIN THE GAME.  That's it.  Changing XP won't change my style one bit.  Now, showing me the errors in my ways as I position incorrectly (e.g., too far away) as it affects the win.  I'll listen to that one.  But points?  Meh.

This.

Maybe why my xp is higher than you’d think my PR would indicate.

Amazing how much xp comes from capping and defense ribbons, for example, compared to raw damage.

Sign in to follow this