Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

German Carriers 2 - Whaaaat?

19 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,505 posts

I'm sure you all noticed... but I'm still curious. 

Whyis (new word) the German Carriers 1 so named "1"? There's a German Carriers 2 coming? Probably? 

Maybe tied to a premium (or two?) coming soon to a game near you? 

I dunno - if you do, please share. 

On another note - I've completed, once more, all the container drops for the current sequence of the campaigns/missions. Nothing even remotely worth writing home about. Hoo boy, another 24 hrs of premium. A couple flags. But not further missions other than the T4 Rhein. 

Why... I wonder... would they not allow you to grind up to the next tier if that's the only ship you got. Suppose you got the T6 or T8 ships. Fine. Yay for you. But those two would not allow you to grind up the ladder. 

It probably/possibly could have been a far more successful campaign if they'd only awarded the T4's and you had to grind for the potential of the other ships. I mean if you already got a 6 or 8, why bother? 

Lemme guess - spreadsheet? 

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,255 battles
2 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Whyis (new word) the German Carriers 1 so named "1"? There's a German Carriers 2 coming? Probably? 

On another note - I've completed, once more, all the container drops for the current sequence of the campaigns/missions. Nothing even remotely worth writing home about. Hoo boy, another 24 hrs of premium. A couple flags. But not further missions other than the T4 Rhein. 

Why... I wonder... would they not allow you to grind up to the next tier if that's the only ship you got. Suppose you got the T6 or T8 ships. Fine. Yay for you. But those two would not allow you to grind up the ladder. 

It probably/possibly could have been a far more successful campaign if they'd only awarded the T4's and you had to grind for the potential of the other ships. I mean if you already got a 6 or 8, why bother? 

I got lucky and got the tier 4 and 6 CVS. You can grind the ship you have. You just have to wait for the full release to research the next ship but you can have the xp ready.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,505 posts
1 minute ago, Admiral_Andy said:

I got lucky and got the tier 4 and 6 CVS. You can grind the ship you have. You just have to wait for the full release to research the next ship but you can have the xp ready.

Oh for sure, I was aware of that... but with the current program, grinding that ship does nothing to achieve the open, current goals. 

[WOLF9]
Members
101 posts
12,129 battles

Current patch is the early release patch.  The German CV’s go live next patch, so you will be able to grind the line then and purchase the next one for credits.  You can certainly use the early access time to grind XP in the ships that drop for you so that you are ready to research and purchase the next in line when the next patch drops.

Members
835 posts
5,801 battles

Almost all nation flavored events in the past year have had two parts. First part is the crates/early drops and the second part either is the release added in with extras or it’s a commander added with extras. I’m sure we would have heard about premium German CVs on the horizon so I doubt it’s that.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,537 posts
13,904 battles
49 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

This isn't something new.  The EA events is XXXX 1 and the release is XXXX 2.

We have been doing this for the past year or more I think now.

-Hapa

• Cool 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,768 posts
21,539 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Same thing here. 28 crate drops thru Directive 3 and only the Rhein to show for it plus some other free (and useful) stuff.

We've got 6 more crates in Directive 4 next week. Wanna bet they are all ship drop duds as well?

BUT...I did save a lot of money switching to Geico...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,410 posts
15,856 battles

I mostly ignore the early release patches. On occasion there is a good deal to be had but I have not see one in a long time. For me this patch is the Russian Cruiser patch lol. 

Members
3,099 posts
6,691 battles
38 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Same thing here. 28 crate drops thru Directive 3 and only the Rhein to show for it plus some other free (and useful) stuff.

We've got 6 more crates in Directive 4 next week. Wanna bet they are all ship drop duds as well?

BUT...I did save a lot of money switching to Geico...

So basically you're doing pretty well? I have 30 opened containers so far, which have given me one day of premium time added to my existing 700, ten special signals, six single-use event camos, and 315 regular signals.

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
96 posts
1,125 battles
27 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

So basically you're doing pretty well? I have 30 opened containers so far, which have given me one day of premium time added to my existing 700, ten special signals, six single-use event camos, and 315 regular signals.

opened ~20 so far, no CV for me, OP is really lucky. 

[-K_P-]
Members
410 posts
3,450 battles

Guess I was extra lucky this time, last 2 or 3 early access arcs, where you had chance go get an early ship missions, only got 1 or none.  This time, I picked up a 5 pack and got all 3 missions in that group.  It just the luck of the draw.

[RLGN]
Members
14,305 posts
25,241 battles
3 hours ago, paradat said:

I mostly ignore the early release patches. On occasion there is a good deal to be had but I have not see one in a long time. For me this patch is the Russian Cruiser patch lol. 

The tokens are always good for some camo, signals, or premium time.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,410 posts
15,856 battles
24 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

For sure the free stuff is always nice. I was referring to purchases.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,768 posts
21,539 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If I can't get 600 tokens for the permanent cammo for the Z-52 (free) I will at least get a bunch of the one-use ones. There's some good bonuses on those puppies!

[RLGN]
Members
14,305 posts
25,241 battles
6 minutes ago, Khafni said:

If I can't get 600 tokens for the permanent cammo for the Z-52 (free) I will at least get a bunch of the one-use ones. There's some good bonuses on those puppies!

Actually burned through 3/5 on GkF surprisingly fast. I imagine I’ll burn a lot of the fancy camo I’ve collected over the last four+plus years pushing my other 13 prospective ships through 2/5, and the others, before year’s end.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,505 posts
8 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

This isn't something new.  The EA events is XXXX 1 and the release is XXXX 2.

We have been doing this for the past year or more I think now.

-Hapa

Well I took a break of like eight months.. last big even I remember had to do with continual nooking of carriers. Thanks for dropping in and confirming. I'll be looking to see what comes my way! 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,505 posts

Thanks every one of you for your responses. Such a nice group of folks, I mean it. 

You who got all three of them... I won't name names :cap_haloween: but that is some SERIOUS luck! Congrats. Did you manage to grind all three of their special missions to obtain the IC camo too?! 

1 hour ago, Khafni said:

Yea, the looked pretty good to me too. 

Sign in to follow this