Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
theLaalaa

Thank You, Happa & WG!

15 comments in this topic

Members
2,569 posts

Thanks generally for the contests that allow a little showing off of boats, and a personal thanks for the German tier 6 golden FriedRice that appeared in my port moments ago!

I think it's the second thing I've ever won in my life, after the heart of my perfect wife.

Oh, wait... maybe the third thing...

I won Larry Raspberry and Highsteppers' latest album from a radio WHBQ call-in contest by DJ Rick Dees in Memphis in the mid '70's.

...FriedRice is definitely better than Raspberry...

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 3

[ARGSY]
Members
30,103 posts
26,974 battles
2 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

the German tier 6 golden FriedRice

???

Congratulations on your premium ship, when I eventually manage to work out which one you're talking about!

Members
2,569 posts
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

???

Congratulations on your premium ship, when I eventually manage to work out which one you're talking about!

OK, link inserted. ;)

[SALVO]
Members
14,621 posts
9,334 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

???

German tier 6 F...R... Must be a Prinz E. Friedrich or whatever it is called.

Congratulations btw OP

[BNKR]
Members
1,654 posts
2,820 battles

Prinz Eitel Friedrich is an experience you will struggle to forget for the rest of your life. 

Edited by RagingxMarmoset

[BONKY]
Members
2,137 posts
25,381 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

???

Only two T6 German premiums currently released, T-61 and Prinz Eitel (a third- CV Erich Lowenhardt is likely coming next patch). Which one he’s talking about I’m not sure, although it might be PEF, seeing last weeks forum contest had that as the main prize

[ARGSY]
Members
30,103 posts
26,974 battles

I don't quite know how you get Golden Fried Rice out of that, but okay...

Being at Tier 6 she doesn't benefit nearly as much from Manual Secondaries as her Tier 7+ brethren, but if you have a German captain set up for it, she can be a good alternative to take into co-op for farming secondary hits if other options are awaiting return to port. I think she is under-rated.

Just now, tfcas119 said:

Only two T6 German premiums currently released, T-61 and Prinz Eitel

Graf Spee says hello.

[WPORT]
Members
18,062 posts
20,725 battles
14 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Thanks generally for the contests that allow a little showing off of boats, and a personal thanks for the German tier 6 golden FriedRice that appeared in my port moments ago!

I think it's the second thing I've ever won in my life, after the heart of my perfect wife.

I won Larry Raspberry and Highsteppers' latest album from a radio WHBQ call-in contest by DJ Rick Dees in Memphis in the mid '70's.

Congratulations.  :-)

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
16 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Congratulations on winning the contest!

[ARGSY]
Members
30,103 posts
26,974 battles

@theLaalaa Seeing as the album you won is called "In the Pink", we expect you to stream while playing it next time you accidentally kill a team-mate. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,569 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

@theLaalaa Seeing as the album you won is called "In the Pink", we expect you to stream while playing it next time you accidentally kill a team-mate. :Smile_veryhappy:

:)  I never connected the "Pink" to a condition in 'ships..... nice catch.

Sadly (not so sadly, actually), that 'prize' has been lost in the mist of time, and besides, I haven't streamed in a long, long time.

[ARGSY]
Members
30,103 posts
26,974 battles
14 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Sadly (not so sadly, actually), that 'prize' has been lost in the mist of time,

Oh it was one of those prizes, was it? :Smile_veryhappy:

I won a copy of Billy Joel's "An Innocent Man" in a radio competition when I was twelve. Sadly, the DJ in question was nowhere near as famous as Rick Dees. :Smile_sad:

Members
2,569 posts
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh it was one of those prizes, was it? :Smile_veryhappy:

Yes. The memory is sweeter than was the experience!

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,404 posts
16,552 battles
46 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Well it appears I also won PEF, so I echo the thanks for the contests and associated prizes!

[D-H-O]
WoWS Community Contributors
4,755 posts
19,345 battles
2 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

Congrats on your win and thank you for participating!

I lol'd at your nickname for the PEF!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1