You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GrayPanther2018

Bogus reporting, just one of those things?

17 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
2,200 posts
9,644 battles

I suppose getting reported by other players because the game didn't go the way they wanted is just one of those things in the game that just happens and you just shrug and move on.:Smile_facepalm:

I had a PvE game tonight in my Akatsuki I thought it went well but I noticed in that that one of the players, and his division mate had an issue with my playing. I thought it odd as I had not torped anyone, on our team, or shot anyone either. So maybe they were talking about someone else. I checked and no one had a name similar. After the game I checked my karma just to see if I was reported and it had dropped by two.

I watched the replay and the only thing that I could have done to anger them was not rush to one's aid in a half health DD while he was in a almost full health Ashitaka going after a half health Colorado (I think that was the BB) the two BBs both sank each other about the same time. I was far enough away and they were close together enough that I would have probably torped them both.

I can attach the replay but that might violate a WG policy.

Edited by GrayPanther2018
spelling correction
  • Cool 3

[GOB]
Members
4,127 posts
22,619 battles

It's one of the most abused things in the game.. Potato yolos , dies , screams the rest of the match and even if you have the best game of your life and win you see the potato hit your rep.   It's anon which means absolutely worthless.

• Cool 3

[BOTO]
Members
1,509 posts
21,489 battles
15 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

I suppose getting reported by other players because the game didn't go the way they wanted is just one of those things in the game that just happens and you just shrug and move on.:Smile_facepalm:

I had a PvE game tonight in my Akatsuki I thought it went well but I noticed in that that one of the players, and his division mate had an issue with my playing. I thought it odd as I had not torped anyone, on our team, or shot anyone either. So maybe they were talking about someone else. I checked and no one had a name similar. After the game I checked my karma just to see if I was reported and it had dropped by two.

I watched the replay and the only thing that I could have done to anger them was not rush to one's aid in a half health DD while he was in a almost full health Ashitaka going after a half health Colorado (I think that was the BB) the two BBs both sank each other about the same time. I was far enough away and they were close together enough that I would have probably torped them both.

I can attach the replay but that might violate a WG policy.

I've found I get reported far more in Co-op for reasons I can't fathom than in Randoms.

[BTH]
Members
344 posts
23,285 battles
18 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

I suppose getting reported by other players because the game didn't go the way they wanted

This is exactly how the reporting system works. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[REKTD]
Members
1,163 posts
14,859 battles
6 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

I've found I get reported far more in Co-op for reasons I can't fathom than in Randoms.

That’s interesting, in my experience Ranked and then Randoms are the worst. Co-op is a pleasant way to play this game with regards to rarely taking karma hits. 

Lately there has been far more negativity than normal though.

[GOCRY]
Members
1,591 posts

I got reported today, I think, because I was just too effective against someone.  I had a great game, and got lots of broadsides against people (13 citadels).  In particular, I punished a couple of Minotaurs, and I’m guessing that one took offense to that.

Who cares? Leave the Karma system alone because it lets potatoes feel like they have a recourse when they’ve gotten trounced.  They can “stick it to the man”.

• Cool 1

[SQUAD]
Members
98 posts
15,696 battles

Co ops get used to farm missions and even naval battles.  People get salty sometimes with dds that yolo torp everything and leave nothing left for folks to farm their missions.  Just my thoughts.   Take care and good luck out there! 

• Cool 3

[PHD]
Members
2,200 posts
9,644 battles
23 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

I went back and reviewed the match again and his division mate was asking him what I did, he didn't see anything.

This is just the first time I noticed it in chat as I am usually too busy dodging digital virtual steel launched in anger, or as much anger as a bot can have.

19 minutes ago, Klaus_Conqueror said:

This is exactly how the reporting system works. :cap_like:

I suppose, :Smile_unsure: this is the first time I don't know what I did. LOL I usually don't report people much myself not even for AFK as I know life happens. I much prefer to compliment players. Perhaps he was frustrated grinding out the directives for the Dockyard mission. And the Colorado did take well over half his health with one broadside. I had just finished the 1,250 main battery hits with a French or Japanese BB myself, in an Ashitaka.

Edited by GrayPanther2018
correction

Members
1,840 posts
20,141 battles

It could be worse... as a matter of fact it is. Try taking a CV into any game and you'll likely lose karma points.

• Cool 2

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,019 posts
21,114 battles

Hey could be worse, I know someone who got chat banned by a CS agent and they haven't played the game in anything but training rooms for the past couple weeks with clan mates who got reported by someone randomly and there were a couple entries in his logs from those training rooms and then 2 entries that weren't even by him, they were from a user name close to his and in Portuguese.

Imagine getting chat banned with someone else's chat logs on your ban when you haven't talked to anyone but clan mates in the game for the past couple weeks.

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Boring 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,476 posts
35,653 battles
3 hours ago, Harley_Quinn1 said:

Co ops get used to farm missions and even naval battles.  People get salty sometimes with dds that yolo torp everything and leave nothing left for folks to farm their missions.  Just my thoughts.   Take care and good luck out there! 

Yes it is irritating, especially if you get one of the solo East Bumbreed spawns and you know that to hit anything you may as well shoot at an island. Although there is no point in getting salty at the DD, that's just the way it is. 

[KMS2]
Members
835 posts
51,004 battles
37 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Hey could be worse, I know someone who got chat banned by a CS agent and they haven't played the game in anything but training rooms for the past couple weeks with clan mates who got reported by someone randomly and there were a couple entries in his logs from those training rooms and then 2 entries that weren't even by him, they were from a user name close to his and in Portuguese.

Imagine getting chat banned with someone else's chat logs on your ban when you haven't talked to anyone but clan mates in the game for the past couple weeks.

I had a couple 1 day chat bans from complaints by others, and every time I summit a ticket to remove it, cuz Ik mostly it is not my fault I can’t do well in certain classes as effectively as others, or reacted as quickly. I also don’t threaten others about anything, tho I am prone to depression, so there’s that worry I have, karma or no karma 

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

I play CV's and I don't run and hide in the back by default with non-CV's - so by default my Karma is zero or close to it no matter what I do. 

[-AFK-]
Members
1,454 posts
18,522 battles
2 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

lol Human error is the best. 

[DNTZ]
Members
441 posts
23,434 battles
5 hours ago, Harley_Quinn1 said:

Yes, I call it yolo torping as well lol.  It is very annoying when you are trying to grind out stuff.  I don't like playing for selfish goals in Random.  I don't usually report for it though.