You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Seal Potato in the World of Derp

27 comments in this topic

[BEA5T]
Members
5,302 posts
24,169 battles

Sorry Lad, don't do twitch for any reason.........security issues.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,501 posts
18,502 battles

Thanks to all who showed up, and to @Ace_04 for his suggestions of ships I should play.

I know the video quality displeases because of my struggling laptop. An upgrade is in the works, but in the meantime I shall keep on truckin' and use the opportunity to work on my commentary. 

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Thanks to all who showed up, and to @Ace_04 for his suggestions of ships I should play.

I know the video quality displeases because of my struggling laptop. An upgrade is in the works, but in the meantime I shall keep on truckin' and use the opportunity to work on my commentary. 

It was good to spend some time on your stream yesterday, @Ensign_Cthulhu.  Once again, full props on having the gumption to give streaming a go.

What are your long term plans for the channel?  I've never felt the need to monetarily support any Twitch streamers, but I'd definitely re-consider if yours went in that direction.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,501 posts
18,502 battles
9 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

What are your long term plans for the channel? 

My long-term plans are to have a bit of fun while learning to do something I hadn't done before and hopefully helping others. Before you, @Sumseaman and a couple of others showed up, I was mostly running tactical commentary aimed at new players, going through my decision-making in real time on a fairly basic level. I'd started by going into the various missions tabs and discussing exactly what I was aiming to get done and why, and if I'd still had directive tasks to do, I might have expounded on the best way to tackle them, much as I do in the forums here.

I would differentiate myself from the general run of streamers on my willingness to go to co-op (e.g. to get combat-related tasks done), and to not necessarily reach always for the highest-tier ship. Your suggestions for something further down the scale were quite welcome in that regard. Most new players probably wouldn't ever buy Dreadnought, for example, but someone who had Bellerophon could take her as a guide. 

In terms of monetization, I'd actually be very pleased to find a way to avoid it. I'm financially well-off IRL, and with all the disruption the "beer organism" has brought, I have reservations about taking less-well-off people's money to watch me play games.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,501 posts
18,502 battles
3 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

5/5 zeds,

Please don't tell me that I have become your cure for insomnia? Oh my! :Smile_veryhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
24,501 posts
18,502 battles

OMG, look at this. Twitch achievements for Twitch newbs.

So much like Directives, it's incredible! :cap_haloween: 

image.thumb.png.0a4495f03d8aabd518edf9348ab76503.png

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
19,979 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

image.thumb.png.0a4495f03d8aabd518edf9348ab76503.png

Businesses are driven by metrics?  Who knew?

[ARGSY]
Members
24,501 posts
18,502 battles
19 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Businesses are driven by metrics?  Who knew?

Oh for sure. I just took a look at this and jokingly thought am I looking at Twitch, or have I somehow accidentally logged into the missions screen of the game client? :cap_haloween:

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
19,979 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh for sure. I just took a look at this and jokingly thought am I looking at Twitch, or have I somehow accidentally logged into the missions screen of the game client? :cap_haloween:

My first reaction to your post was to expect a post on how you were going to prioritize and achieve the Twitch Directives.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,501 posts
18,502 battles
5 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

My first reaction to your post was to expect a post on how you were going to prioritize and achieve the Twitch Directives.

:Smile_veryhappy:

"I can fulfill the time directives for sure, but the people-in-chat stuff is totally beyond my control."

[ARGSY]
Members
2,015 posts
6,221 battles

@Ensign_Cthulhuhas voiced to me his desire to feature several ships including Enterprise, Smolensk, Imp Nik, Kamikaze and numerous other troll ships in order to obtain the maximum number of expletives in chat that a stream can obtain.

I do hope to aid him in this endeavour.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,501 posts
18,502 battles
5 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

@Ensign_Cthulhuhas voiced to me his desire to feature several ships including Enterprise, Smolensk, Imp Nik, Kamikaze and numerous other troll ships in order to obtain the maximum number of expletives in chat that a stream can obtain.

I do hope to aid him in this endeavour.

I voiced nothing of the kind, you hilarious troll you! :Smile_veryhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
2,015 posts
6,221 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I voiced nothing of the kind, you hilarious troll you! :Smile_veryhappy:

Oh silly me you retracted that as I recall now.

Yes synch dropped tier IV carriers was the theme. TKs for anyone who utters anything in the chat.

[PRVTR]
Members
1,141 posts
6,396 battles

Hey Ensign.

I was wondering about something lately. Since I never had any intentions of becoming a Twitch Streamer, and you just started up, would you mind if I joined you on stream for a couple of games? I need something to keep me occupied 3 of the 7 days of the week that we don't do CBs

-Shrayes

[ARGSY]
Members
24,501 posts
18,502 battles

Shrayes, with all due respect I will have to decline. I'm still learning the ropes, and I think being in div would be too much of a distraction. I don't div well at the best of times, and this would only make it more difficult.

Sorry.

You are however welcome to watch, as I am starting up again for the evening.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Directives, sure. 

But what are the rewards?

[ARGSY]
Members
24,501 posts
18,502 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

But what are the rewards?

The sense of achievement, my friend!!!! :cap_haloween:

Thanks to all who showed up again tonight. RNGesus claimed his due, and I was bottom tier more often than not. Got in a few good blows here and there, and did my best to be useful nonetheless.

No stream Thursday night, as I will be concentrating on my gameplay. If you see me "up" at all, it will be later in the evening, playing around with various settings in an attempt to try to improve the stream framerate. Approval has been granted from S.O. to start shopping for a decent gaming setup, possibly even a desktop. Recommendations are sought for minimum specs to be able to stream without issues (PM me to avoid thread clutter).

[ARGSY]
Members
2,015 posts
6,221 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Shrayes, with all due respect I will have to decline. I'm still learning the ropes, and I think being in div would be too much of a distraction. I don't div well at the best of times, and this would only make it more difficult.

Sorry.

You are however welcome to watch, as I am starting up again for the evening.

I could make an really good dirty analogy here though I'll restrain myself.

Sorry if one of the comments was a bit over the top.

This channel will be great to watch with the ship collection you have WHEN you get that new rig :Smile_veryhappy: 

[ARGSY]
Members
24,501 posts
18,502 battles
9 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

Sorry if one of the comments was a bit over the top.

Meh, we learn by derping.

• Cool 1