You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Felipe_1982

Ships pulled off: Jean Bart, Missouri, Musashi, etc

110 comments in this topic

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts

Another question i was trying to find an answer but couldnt find by my own.

I woud like to understand if those ships are just premium temporary ships. I see a guy playing almost everyday his JEan Bart and he is still grinding from t5... He got it some time ago. I see some ruling the seas but i dont know how to get it.

I saw news regarding 2018 about getting for coal.

1-Is there another way?

2-WG sold it for dobloons?

3-what happens to Missouri? same case? Musashi?

4-Which ones are the premium ships T8 or above removed from premium shop? what was their currency?

5-Are they like Black Friday ships?

I seek enterprise and already beeing told she comes on Christmas crates, those too?

image.thumb.png.00bbbe74df7cf71a001f0f546b11631a.png

6- Are there more ships like these?

Edited by Felipe_1982

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,019 posts
21,114 battles

Missouri was a free xp ship and was pulled from availability due to being imbalanced credit wise. It earned credits too much. 

Musashi and JB were both fxp ships as well. I'm pretty sure they were pulled for popularity and too many in games. Whether or not they come back remains to be seen. 

All 3 of them can only be obtained by pulling them from a super container or Christmas container. 

• Cool 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Missouri was a free xp ship and was pulled from availability due to being imbalanced credit wise. It earned credits too much. 

Musashi and JB were both fxp ships as well. I'm pretty sure they were pulled for popularity and too many in games. Whether or not they come back remains to be seen. 

All 3 of them can only be obtained by pulling them from a super container or Christmas container. 

So, there is still a chance to get it all over the year and always at the end of the year...

JB earns credit like Kii with Kobayashi camo?

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,225 posts
9,184 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I have Missouri, Musashi and Jean Bart.  If I look in my collections list Missouri and Musashi are both shown as "rare" whereas Jean Bart is just a normal premium.  To me this indicates that Missouri and Musashi are not going to be returning whereas the door is still open for Jean Bart to return again.

For Missouri, Musashi, Enterprise, Guilio Cesare and so on the only way to get them is to get very lucky from a supercontainer or santa crate.

[AKITA]
Beta Testers
40 posts
5,701 battles

Others will no doubt correct me if I am wrong, but Jean Bart was only available for Coal + Cash in the Premium Shop (not Free XP)

• Cool 5

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,019 posts
21,114 battles
Just now, KfirGuy said:

Others will no doubt correct me if I am wrong, but Jean Bart was only available for Coal + Cash in the Premium Shop (not Free XP)

Yeah, you are right, it was coal. 

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
Just now, Helstrem said:

I have Missouri, Musashi and Jean Bart.  If I look in my collections list Missouri and Musashi are both shown as "rare" whereas Jean Bart is just a normal premium.  To me this indicates that Missouri and Musashi are not going to be returning whereas the door is still open for Jean Bart to return again.

For Missouri, Musashi, Enterprise, Guilio Cesare and so on the only way to get them is to get very lucky from a supercontainer or santa crate.

Since @Felipe_1982 asked, I think 3 other examples are Tier V RU DD Gremyashchy, Tier IV RU BB Imperator Nikolai I, and Tier V IJN DD Kamikaze.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,502 battles

Most of the high tier premiums are only available for a limited time. They are then removed from sale, sometimes permanently.

Missouri is gone for good (probably, kitakami is back so who knows). She made so much money she broke the economy.

JB, Musashi, along with a few others I can't remember like Kron have been available, but have been removed. However since they weren't broken in anyway chances are they'll return eventually.

These ships are usually available for in game resources such are FXP or coal. A few (like GA) have been available in the premium store for cash as well.

Pay attention to the store and news, most premiums come and go, and may change what they're available for. And then there are the special few that were so busted they were removed permanently (Belfast).

All ships are (probably) available from Christmas crates. This isn't confirmed for this year, but these ships have had a VERY VERY low chance of dropping from Christmas containers. It is the only way to get them (save a SC drop), but it is ludicrously expensive to ensure you get a particular ship.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,225 posts
9,184 battles
Just now, AJTP89 said:

JB, Musashi, along with a few others I can't remember like Kron have been available, but have been removed. However since they weren't broken in anyway chances are they'll return eventually.

Musashi is most certainly broken and, as I noted, will not be returning.  It is pretty much a Tier 9.75 ship and grossly overpowered for Tier IX. It is significantly more broken than Missouri is to be honest.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,502 battles
2 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Since @Felipe_1982 asked, I think 3 other examples are Tier V RU DD Gremyashchy, Tier IV RU BB Imperator Nikolai I, and Tier V IJN DD Kamikaze.

Let's not forget Belfast or Kutuzov. And Fujin, which is just (as I learned the other day) a reskinned Kamikaze.

Gremy was OP back in the day, but it's a very different game now. I think Gremy coming back is very possible, as it would almost be underpowered now.

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
Just now, AJTP89 said:

Let's not forget Belfast or Kutuzov. And Fujin, which is just (as I learned the other day) a reskinned Kamikaze.

Gremy was OP back in the day, but it's a very different game now. I think Gremy coming back is very possible, as it would almost be underpowered now.

How can I forget?! Yet, I forgot. Thanks for noting this!

Fujin/Kamikaze/Kamikaze R are all reskinned clones. Fujin and Kamikaze were sold for cash and Kamikaze R was earned from an event ("Project R"). I think this is the first case the same ship in the same nation was reskinned and sold. (We see this more now with ARP Takao and the Black Friday ships.)

While Gremy isn't as powerful now as before, I'm not sure if it will be sold again. It's "legendary" or "mythical" status helps sell Christmas Crates.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,502 battles
Just now, Helstrem said:

Musashi is most certainly broken and, as I noted, will not be returning.  It is pretty much a Tier 9.75 ship and grossly overpowered for Tier IX. It is significantly more broken than Missouri is to be honest.

Probably. The only thing busted about MO was the credit earning, the ship is fine gameplay wise (unless you don't know it has radar, surprising RN CLs is always fun). But WG hasn't said Musashi is gone, whereas they have said MO is gone. Still, I'd be surprised if it returns. Then again, we're getting the Kitakami again so who knows.

The short answer is we don't know for sure. WG keeps plans for future ship availability under tight wraps, we know for sure when the ship comes out.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
9 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Maybe below 0.5% each?

7 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

I have heard about Nikolai and i have seen Kamikaze..

6 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Most of the high tier premiums are only available for a limited time. They are then removed from sale, sometimes permanently.

Missouri is gone for good (probably, kitakami is back so who knows). She made so much money she broke the economy.

These ships are usually available for in game resources such are FXP or coal. A few (like GA) have been available in the premium store for cash as well.

Pay attention to the store and news, most premiums come and go, and may change what they're available for. And then there are the special few that were so busted they were removed permanently (Belfast).

All ships are (probably) available from Christmas crates. This isn't confirmed for this year, but these ships have had a VERY VERY low chance of dropping from Christmas containers. It is the only way to get them (save a SC drop), but it is ludicrously expensive to ensure you get a particular ship.

I just got 1 SC and got 15.000 coal lol.

Interesting, if resources change from time to time... 

Maybe Pommern will change in the future...

4 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I have seen a video regarding Musashi x Yamato... now you fullfil what i have left of confusion regarding that...

3 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Looks like Belfast could return on AZ 3rd wave...

Fujin i have seen, kutuzov not.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,194 posts
25,593 battles
18 minutes ago, KfirGuy said:

That was my understanding too.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
10 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Probably. The only thing busted about MO was the credit earning, the ship is fine gameplay wise (unless you don't know it has radar, surprising RN CLs is always fun). But WG hasn't said Musashi is gone, whereas they have said MO is gone. Still, I'd be surprised if it returns. Then again, we're getting the Kitakami again so who knows.

The short answer is we don't know for sure. WG keeps plans for future ship availability under tight wraps, we know for sure when the ship comes out.

There are a lot of Musashi, Missouri...

Missouri is even a reward for recruiting new players...

image.thumb.png.1eb836f54c6e8928d5ec32b150f16eea.png

[ARR0W]
Members
5,758 posts
31,311 battles
16 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Musashi is a T10 in games where there is no CV, and when there is one, its not that much a difference from Yamato since AA has been reduced to a nuisance. Its additional value is that it forces a T9 into the enemy matchmaker. 

I have all the OP premiums except Iwaki Alpha, and play them very little with the exception of the Minekaze clone sisters. Konig Albert, Nikolai, Gremy, Belfast, Kutuzov, Massachusetts and Musashi just kinda feel dirty at times, although the lower tier BBs and Gremy are now CV bait. 

[ARR0W]
Members
5,758 posts
31,311 battles
8 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

There are a lot of Musashi, Missouri...

Missouri is even a reward for recruiting new players...

image.thumb.png.1eb836f54c6e8928d5ec32b150f16eea.png

I dont see Missouri as OP, its was just too much of a credit printer. 

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
4 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

Musashi is a T10 in games where there is no CV, and when there is one, its not that much a difference from Yamato since AA has been reduced to a nuisance. Its additional value is that it forces a T9 into the enemy matchmaker. 

I have all the OP premiums except Iwaki Alpha, and play them very little with the exception of the Minekaze clone sisters. Konig Albert, Nikolai, Gremy, Belfast, Kutuzov, Massachusetts and Musashi just kinda feel dirty at times, although the lower tier BBs and Gremy are now CV bait. 

Thanks for the explanation!!!

Members
572 posts
47 minutes ago, KfirGuy said:

You are correct on the coal part.   I got mine from coal.  I'm not sure if you were able to buy from the premium shop.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,225 posts
9,184 battles

This is what I am referring to about being listed as rare.  You can see the first five ships are tinted gold and all the others, including Jean Bart, lack any tinting at all.

CaptainsLogbook.thumb.png.149de19cbf3d70f39b6f351f868b3e77.png

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,502 battles
46 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Not seeing Kutuzov is kinda the idea:Smile_teethhappy:

(it's a Chappy with smoke instead of radar)

[PVE]
Members
17,082 posts
37,568 battles
29 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

I have heard about Nikolai and i have seen Kamikaze..

Imperator Nikolai I is a beast. It is the OG Russian OP BB LOL. Guns are amazingly accurate and hit like freight trains (but it has a long 36 sec reload and glacially slow turrets). Armor is almost impervious to enemy shells if you know how to angle. Loaded with 20 X 130 secondary guns but only 3.5km range (but if something gets close they melt it LOL). Kind of slow and it has almost no AA (jt has a massive "5" AA rating LOL) so it is easy fodder for CV's and probably why it doesn't get played much anymore since the rework and 2X CV so often at T4.  I don't think this one will ever come back outside of SC's and Santa Crates. As I understand it this ship was a seal clubbers dream.

Mikhail Kutuzov is not what it once was since the smoke firing nerf. I don't consider it OP at all just very good. I think it lost OP status with the smoke nerf? It has 4X3 152MM guns with a very long 19.1km range. Very accurate and decent ROF @ 8 sec. HE has good Alpha and high fire % and the AP is stronk comrade. Pretty good AA on it too. It has hydro and smoke (but only 2 charges standard and 3 w/ SI - used to be just 1/2 before they made premium consumables standard). It is a typical RU CL that is super squishy and doesn't maneuver well. If you can smoke up, and someone spots for you, you can spam HE like a mad man. I see no reason this one couldn't come back but somehow I get the feeling it won't.

Took some port shots for you so you can see what they look like.

:Smile_honoring:

Nikolai.jpg

Kutuzov.jpg

• Cool 2

[SCOM]
Members
323 posts
11,555 battles

I think Benham should be added to the Unicorn ships.  They never sold it directly and the only way to get it now is from crates.

Probably the same for the PR too.

Edited by Wanturskul

Members
261 posts
8,582 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

I’ve seen this said before but never understood how. Was she OP or did her camo give more credits or something?