You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OttoVonPrien

$10 More in Armory--Again!

11 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Beta Testers
280 posts
15,858 battles

Looking at all the missions I have left to do, saw a bunch that would be easier with a Z-35,        checked my 355 ships don't have one , senile old sucker is tempted to collect one more ship.

when I buy, I usually buy the big bundles as the added stuff brings down the effective cost of the ship

anyway,  It's Admiral pack is "featured" in Armory for 22450 gold. at $1=250 gold that equals $89.80, 

having learned Armory prices are different and often higher than the prem. shop went there to see,  would have to buy the gold first anyway

Surprise! It's only $79.99 in the shop for the exact same thing! that's $9.81 less. lets just call it $10

started to buy there, but after checking 2 places, doing the math, the impulse buy urge was over and I was annoyed by the continued deliberate  higher prices (scams) in the Armory.

this is like going to the grocery store , where you can buy a jug of Pepsi in the back for $1.50 or from a cooler next to the register for $2 (all Items at check out being higher than inside store.

If the prices had been the same I probably would have bought the Adm. pack and WG would have made $79.99 less ~50cents to paypall

someone did the same thing with other past bundles ie Champagne was about $11 overcharge. 

$100 gets you 22 Ger CV Containers in Armory or 25 in prem. shop // not the first time too

please don't someone say it's ok because the Armory price is in gold that people already have,

the person that buys the large bundles from the Armory will have to buy the gold first to get it.

the people that are sitting around with large amounts of gold, have it because they don't buy these bundles.

I call the person at WG who does this MR Hyde,  he goes around undoing all the good things and good will that Dr Jekyll (the good people at WG-WOW) generates.

This is  huge blunder by WG            people don't like to feel cheated or taken advantaged from, makes them stop throwing $ 

obviously WG can do whatever they want, but we are talking Business Ethics here - in the long run  even best for WG

• Thanks 3
  • Boring 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,363 posts
13,808 battles

The most likely reason is because cash is cash.  They want to entice people to spend more to get that discount.  They already got paid for the gold, so they don't care when you spend that because the money is already in the bank.  Giving a discount for cash means they can entice the guy that has the gold already AND the guy that doesn't to both open their wallets.

Not saying its right or wrong, but management generally looks at new money coming in as more valuable than money already spent.

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
874 posts
32,459 battles

Well, as much as I hate to say it. They tell you that on both the armory and premium shop. Notice the armory only gives you -10%, the permium shop gives you -20%. That's the $10 difference in price. 

image.png.7934f59d2a1fb1045d35f94f560d4ce5.pngArmory

image.png.e4912753ded2b0824e4bca246d12cbbd.pngPremium store

So they're not deceiving you, but I'm sure the spreadsheet says it's perfectly fine /s

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
6,714 posts
14,554 battles

Doubloons are doubloons. If I purchase doubloons for an American account it costs me more than if I purchase dubs for my Canadian account. The price shifts with inflation and exchange rates depending on where the account is registered. The difference the last time I bought an American account doubloons was 9%

Buying from the armory, a dub for me is the same as a dub in Brazil or the US. So doubloon prices will rarely match premium shop prices because this game markets to people in a lot of countries with constantly changing inflation and exchange rates. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
919 posts
37 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

Looking at all the missions I have left to do, saw a bunch that would be easier with a Z-35,        checked my 355 ships don't have one , senile old sucker is tempted to collect one more ship.

when I buy, I usually buy the big bundles as the added stuff brings down the effective cost of the ship

anyway,  It's Admiral pack is "featured" in Armory for 22450 gold. at $1=250 gold that equals $89.80, 

having learned Armory prices are different and often higher than the prem. shop went there to see,  would have to buy the gold first anyway

Surprise! It's only $79.99 in the shop for the exact same thing! that's $9.81 less. lets just call it $10

started to buy there, but after checking 2 places, doing the math, the impulse buy urge was over and I was annoyed by the continued deliberate  higher prices (scams) in the Armory.

this is like going to the grocery store , where you can buy a jug of Pepsi in the back for $1.50 or from a cooler next to the register for $2 (all Items at check out being higher than inside store.

If the prices had been the same I probably would have bought the Adm. pack and WG would have made $79.99 less ~50cents to paypall

someone did the same thing with other past bundles ie Champagne was about $11 overcharge. 

$100 gets you 22 Ger CV Containers in Armory or 25 in prem. shop // not the first time too

please don't someone say it's ok because the Armory price is in gold that people already have,

the person that buys the large bundles from the Armory will have to buy the gold first to get it.

the people that are sitting around with large amounts of gold, have it because they don't buy these bundles.

I call the person at WG who does this MR Hyde,  he goes around undoing all the good things and good will that Dr Jekyll (the good people at WG-WOW) generates.

This is  huge blunder by WG            people don't like to feel cheated or taken advantaged from, makes them stop throwing $ 

obviously WG can do whatever they want, but we are talking Business Ethics here - in the long run  even best for WG

I always buy on premium shop. There i can pay in month installments.

Easier and cheaper.

[RCNW3]
Beta Testers
3,066 posts
25,283 battles
2 hours ago, OttoVonPrien said:

With 355 ships in port I want to thank you for supporting the game for us players............................

[KMS]
Beta Testers
280 posts
15,858 battles
On 7/21/2020 at 1:35 PM, Old_Baldy_One said:

The most likely reason is because cash is cash.  They want to entice people to spend more to get that discount.  They already got paid for the gold, so they don't care when you spend that because the money is already in the bank.  Giving a discount for cash means they can entice the guy that has the gold already AND the guy that doesn't to both open their wallets.

Not saying its right or wrong, but management generally looks at new money coming in as more valuable than money already spent.

PLEASEEEEEE! the only people who already have that gold laying around are the people will don't buy stuff like this,

95%  of people buying this in gold will buy the gold 5 minutes before buying this. not knowing they arer being tricked into spending more money, this is not ethical!

people have to buy gold to buy $ 100 items ,  people that will buy this don't have lots of gold cause they spend it

people with lots of gold have it cause they don't spend it on stuff like this.

now buy $5-10 items in gold is a whole different story and what you say fits. But Its still unethical behavior.

• Boring 1

[KMS]
Beta Testers
280 posts
15,858 battles
On 7/21/2020 at 1:44 PM, Ducky_shot said:

Doubloons are doubloons. If I purchase doubloons for an American account it costs me more than if I purchase dubs for my Canadian account. The price shifts with inflation and exchange rates depending on where the account is registered. The difference the last time I bought an American account doubloons was 9%

Buying from the armory, a dub for me is the same as a dub in Brazil or the US. So doubloon prices will rarely match premium shop prices because this game markets to people in a lot of countries with constantly changing inflation and exchange rates. 

interesting but … I think if you check youwill find your overpaying vs the shop in any currency. 

once you have the gold your stuck, but still should spend it wisely or at least on stuff you can get only with gold

PS notice WG is silent this time, that's sad, but you can't really defend this, only give lame excuses or reasons.

doubly sad because of all the nice people doing a good job that are stuck someone making harmful and unethical business decisions

and if anyone at wg reads this, in the long run it will cost you more $ 

[KMS]
Beta Testers
280 posts
15,858 battles
On 7/21/2020 at 3:31 PM, Tachnechdorus said:

With 355 ships in port I want to thank you for supporting the game for us players............................

your welcome, I was not bragging, I NEEDED to make the point I do spend money and would have without the greedy cheat.

I complain because i still play and want a better game, and will spend money when WG does something right, & if treated fairly.

[OIL-1]
Members
955 posts
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 12:12 PM, OttoVonPrien said:

people don't like to feel cheated or taken advantaged from

Yes they do. That's why they play slot machines and loot boxes.

But congrats on the 355 ships. And thank you for supporting low-lifes like me.

[--K--]
Members
6,714 posts
14,554 battles
9 hours ago, OttoVonPrien said:

interesting but … I think if you check youwill find your overpaying vs the shop in any currency. 

once you have the gold your stuck, but still should spend it wisely or at least on stuff you can get only with gold

PS notice WG is silent this time, that's sad, but you can't really defend this, only give lame excuses or reasons.

doubly sad because of all the nice people doing a good job that are stuck someone making harmful and unethical business decisions

and if anyone at wg reads this, in the long run it will cost you more $ 

You saw the part where I am paying 9.3% less in the armory than American accounts right? The price difference you are quoting is 8.9% more. so whatever...

Edited by Ducky_shot