Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ghostar_1

Thinking of coming back after a year.

17 comments in this topic

[ARA-I]
Members
134 posts
2,434 battles

Hi All,

Im thinking fo coming back after being away for mstly one year.

What is the current status of the game?

Is still the mess and all the bikering that was with the CV rework and the shipyard-training system.

Im not casual but not all competitive either, just wanting to have some fun with boats.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
57 minutes ago, Ghostar_1 said:

Hi All,

Is still the mess and all the bikering that was with the CV rework and the shipyard-training system.

Im not casual but not all competitive either, just wanting to have some fun with boats.

CVs are a lot better balanced than they were during early months of the CV Rework. AA vs Aircraft balance is greatly improved.

The in game economy is now better thanks to premium consumables now being the free standard choice which is a major cost savings.

And while the game is not without its flaws just like anything, it is still a lot of fun. And if you want to have fun with Warships I would say definitely come back and play.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 2

Members
580 posts
7,374 battles

I'd say the economy is easier, Cvs remain frustrating but less broken. I basically have the most fun in meme ships in divisions. 

You will probably find it frustrating honestly. 

Edited by MinkeWhale

[PVE]
Members
4,256 posts
18,597 battles

Greetings and welcome back....

Carriers are still the sales focus of our host. 

The Russian fleet has grown and split. 

The Dockyard seems to have found some validity after the PR debacle. 

A lot of players I know "retired" and are playing "other games" because game play with so many Carriers and Radar ships (the afore mentioned growth of Russian ships) isn't any fun nor worth the limited time some have.... 

Subs came and seem to have been a DuD.........of epic proportions.  Which means, our host will attempt to force them somehow, some where, to recoup the costs....  Haven't seen that yet.

Scenarios have be "de valued" so they aren't worth the time and Narai has been removed yet again from the play list: why???  They say it is "broken"......   They don't want to have to spend money maintaining Scenarios IMO.  They want Random play and are willing to "force" players there even if that drives players out...... 

COOP is more popular than ever and that is frustrating our host it seem.........again, my "opinion" and there is no real data to back that up.........just a hunch.

Consumables were changed as said ^^^^.  I suspect this version of consumable delivery is less costly to maintain for them.  It wasn't out of the kindness of their heart.  We benefit: they'll get that money back some other way.

I haven't played an "intentional" Random battle this past year.  Won't intentionally play a Random battle this year.   Happy just to tinker in COOP.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,135 posts
18,987 battles

If you already have the attitude of "the game was a mess when I left it" that's what you'll find, coming back to it.

• Cool 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
5,004 battles
33 minutes ago, Ghostar_1 said:

The shipyard training system/naval training center got knocked back quite a bit from what it was exactly a year ago. You still reset lines to get currency, but I stead that currency is used to buy high tier premiums and legendary mods for tier 10s. 

Still is a great game! Free to try so there isnt really any reason not to!:Smile-_tongue: 

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
743 posts
6,688 battles

I would say part of the popularity of Co-op mode is the fast pace and that many of the ever growing missions available can be done in that mode. This is not a complaint, just an observation. 

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

The NTC fell through. CVs are fairly balanced by T10, and the game is fun if you ask me.

Do not go off alone in a CV match short of being a DD unless you are confident in your anti-CV skill, and I don't mean your AA. You're gonna have to dance. Go bow/stern-in to rockets, give broadside to HE bombs, and bow only to torps if possible. This will result in reduced damage and torps not lining you up for another drop of torps. Keep in mind that, short of AP bombs and AP rockets, CV damage is typically negligible, so if you have to take a hit to avoid giving broadside, playing with your engine or swapping the side that you angle with can help.

If in a DD, wait to see where planes and radar ships are before you cap. This typically only slows you down by a minute, but the wait is generally worth it. While doing this you can approach the cap from the scenic route. If you fear CVs, stay out of the middle cap, as it's always in reach. Other caps are usually either extremely dangerous or extra safe depending on where your CV spawned.

[SALVO]
Members
1,992 posts
6,194 battles
4 hours ago, Ghostar_1 said:

Hi All,

CVs are still a mess and daily  fought over by the community here and on reddit. 

[ARA-I]
Members
134 posts
2,434 battles

Thanks all!

Downloaded the game and the modstation, changed some things and was ready to go.

Tried my old Massa in COOP for a few games and went pretty smooth, used the Scharnhorst too.

Dipped my feet in 3 Randoms (wins) games with the Massa and OMG, was this thing buffed?

I use the standard 19 points captain with IFFE and got a Kraken in my last game (never had one). Dont know if the 2ndaries are better and if the accuracy of the main ones was buffed a little.

• Cool 1

Members
129 posts
5,928 battles
9 hours ago, Ghostar_1 said:

Hi All,

I also came back after a year.In my Experience there's a bunch of fast reloading HE spammer this days hiding behind the island. Its quite frustrating if you're trying to play the objective while the others are just farming damages. Of course there's little to no team work, most players have their own world so I don't even bother helping either. The only positive I can think of is the economy which is alot better.Once I finish grinding both TX Russian cruiser I'll be gone for awhile again especially when sub comes out. 

[ARA-I]
Members
134 posts
2,434 battles
47 minutes ago, Nimitz_Zumwalt said:

I also came back after a year.In my Experience there's a bunch of fast reloading HE spammer this days hiding behind the island. Its quite frustrating if you're trying to play the objective while the others are just farming damages. Of course there's little to no team work, most players have their own world so I don't even bother helping either. The only positive I can think of is the economy which is alot better.Once I finish grinding both TX Russian cruiser I'll be gone for awhile again especially when sub comes out. 

Wasn't always like that? HE spammers behind islands, no team work, farming damage insetad of capture or killing, et al.

That is the nice thing about coop, you have some sense of achievement.

Members
129 posts
5,928 battles
2 minutes ago, Ghostar_1 said:

Wasn't always like that? HE spammers behind islands, no team work, farming damage insetad of capture or killing, et al.

That is the nice thing about coop, you have some sense of achievement.

So I just playing T5-7 matches. ..less frustration lol

Members
1,092 posts

Remove your credit cards from the room..... Put them in a lockbox in the farthest room from where you play...... Save your hard earned cash and buy a real car with your savings. WG has had a record year with their income profits, no need to spend your cash to keep the game afloat.

Sign in to follow this