You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gyphon_GF

Kii be the bully

18 comments in this topic

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,331 posts
23,669 battles

Kii is a blast to play and totally underappreciated. 

• Cool 1

[TAZ]
Members
917 posts

I usually take her into Ranked, the torps catch a lot of folks off guard, when you a brawling

• Cool 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
On 7/21/2020 at 8:35 AM, Gyphon_GF said:

A quick look and match in a ship not seen all that often. 

Hope you enjoy.

*Salute*

Thx for the build. I am about to use her to get credits. 

I have seen a guy on a match getting kraken. He was on fire!

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
608 posts
12,055 battles
34 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Thx for the build. I am about to use her to get credits. 

I have seen a guy on a match getting kraken. He was on fire!

My question is whether torp acceleration is a good skill to throw in.

• Cool 1

Members
495 posts
21,841 battles
49 minutes ago, Drifter_X said:

My question is whether torp acceleration is a good skill to throw in.

I would say make yourself more of a tank than a torp boat. 

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
4 hours ago, Gyphon_GF said:

I would say make yourself more of a tank than a torp boat. 

But never secondaries right? 

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,815 posts
14,329 battles
On 7/21/2020 at 9:00 AM, Warped_1 said:

Kii is a blast to play and totally underappreciated. 

Indeed.  :-)
shot-20_05.04_19_09.54-0751.thumb.jpg.c5b14a0d8fc45e73c94a13fc8de6320a.jpg

• Cool 1

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

I got Kii in a Santa's Gift a few year back and really didn't play it very much.   Then of course game the gift boxes so I had reason to take her out again and I was completely shocked by how good she was.   I just couldn't believe how accurate her guns were and how comfortable overall she was to play.   I have to agree that she is a very underappreciated ship. 

• Cool 2

[WPORT]
Members
9,815 posts
14,329 battles

Accidental double post.  Sorry.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,815 posts
14,329 battles
1 hour ago, WDNMLGBD said:

So does worth to buy

I welcomed Kii to my port.
I have no regrets.
I think Kii is a "gud 'bote".

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,604 posts
7,195 battles

I'm having a shockingly fun time with a full secondary build on Kii, even in this dumpster of a meta at the moment. It definitely isn't optimal, but it sure is fun.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,483 posts
11,029 battles
22 minutes ago, AdmiralPiett said:

I'm having a shockingly fun time with a full secondary build on Kii, even in this dumpster of a meta at the moment. It definitely isn't optimal, but it sure is fun.

The prior complaint has been that the secondaries had too short a range, but now with the general increase in secondary range I have also been wondering about a secondary-build Kii. My question is whether you have also taken IFHE to try to maximize the penetration of the 100 mm secondaries? (Thanks)

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,604 posts
7,195 battles
Just now, DJC_499 said:

The prior complaint has been that the secondaries had too short a range, but now with the general increase in secondary range I have also been wondering about a secondary-build Kii. My question is whether you have also taken IFHE to try to maximize the penetration of the 100 mm secondaries? (Thanks)

I have found the default pen sufficient and I personally prefer the extra fire chance. Also for me it is a captain point issue and the extra main battery turret rotation is critical. Particularly for brawling, you need every extra second.

• Thanks 1

[LEHR]
Members
45 posts
4,100 battles

Just Recently Added the Kii to the Port myself...    Have the Scharn Twins and the Tirpitz so having the Torp's on another BB seemed like a Grand Idea...    I do Like the Boat too, those Guns can put a Powerful Smack on someone....    Still Playing with Skills right now as well, so right now as it Sits running Prev Maint, Grease, Adrenaline Rush and CQC....     Basically the same Skills I have on my Roma Commander for the 10pts, but Roma also has Priority Target for the Extra 2pts...    I plan to Change that to BFT when I get the Next Point and will Likely Mirror on the Kii when I get the Commander this Far...

Seems to Work OK so far, the Reload Reduction on the Mains inside the 2nd's Range is a Great Boost on my Roma and I felt this one needed it a Bit as well...      It's not as Tanky as the Roma is, but it's Close....   And you can usually get the Torp's Out Long Before you get so Close they Punch thru your Sides, the one thing Roma doesn't Have in it's Arsenal, Angry Fish....

[WOLF5]
Members
1,483 posts
11,029 battles

Today I pulled the pin and got the Kii and as a humble Coop player I find her a pretty good ship. She seems rather "awkward" in her handling and speed at times, as opposed to say the Tirpitz. I tried a full and partial secondary build on her and found that without main battery accuracy I was only getting hit ratios in the low 30's. With the main battery accuracy module she is up in the mid-40's and is manageable. I tried IFHE and without IFHE and settled on keeping the IFHE. Her 100-mm secondaries with 37 mm penetration really seem to tear up, basically everything. I am getting roughly 30% hit rates again at typical Coop pistol-firing ranges. Her torp angles are great and analogous to the Graf Spee, which I love and among this first handful of battles have not lost any torps something that often cannot be said for the Tirpitz and Scharnhorst. I think that I am really going to like her.....

[LEHR]
Members
45 posts
4,100 battles

My Kobayashi Crew from Thursday AM if I recall....    I just Loaded them Up and Hit Battle and then decided I'd record it...   Then, Realized I hadn't shut it Off until I had gone thru all 3 Boats...   lol

Love the Paint, Love the Boats...     Too Bad my First Game was so Buggered Up...   Was so busy trying to Get INTO Position for the one's I could Shoot, I was Too Far Out when the Next Batch was In Range and able to be Shot At, Roma made up for it a Little in the End though, but I hate when that Happens...    Only one Missing Now, Yamato and it's Paint, and I LOVE the Sound of those Guns...   SO Looking Forward to that....