Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Meet USS Texas Live – Join a Special Instagram Stream

9 comments in this topic

[WPORT]
Members
9,875 posts
14,356 battles

Nice.  :-)

[FOAD]
Banned
24 posts
2,394 battles

I believe that history should be preserved as much as possible, especially when it honors those who have sacrificed their lives to ensure in the future others will not have to. I am also very glad to read that the U.S.S. Texas is being repaired and moved to a new home and will have visitors so others may learn about history that should never be forgotten.

That being said when I read on the warship news that this game company gave $400,000 to the project I got more then a little pissed off.

You charge a fortune for premium currency, act like you need help boosting player base numbers, 95% of any content you put out is just ships people can only buy with real money and not earn in game, have a zero refund policy unless forced by steam, and basically see your player base as nothing more then wallets for you to scam money from but yet you have enough resources you can  afford to donate almost half a million dollars and not worry about it affecting your company or risk it shutting down.

Second if your company is making that much money where your able to just up and donate $400,000 to a single project which indicates that your resources are likely more extensive then you let on then why don't you lower the prices on your largest premium currency packages or better yet just do an across the board % price drop, say 20%?

[TFC]
Beta Testers
20 posts
5,467 battles

Are there any plans to bring back the Texas donation bundle? Where you got the ship and a special camo, with 100% of the price going to the Texas fundation

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
815 posts

Hey WG.  How about putting the Lone Star camo in the shop for the event?

• Thanks 1

Members
1 post
5,450 battles
7 hours ago, Viper069 said:

Hey WG.  How about putting the Lone Star camo in the shop for the event?

agree !

Sell the Lone Star camouflage AGAIN for foundation !

Edited by Euthanasia_X

Members
38 posts

I'm so happy this is finally happening! Texas is the oldest Dreadnaught Battleship still afloat. She is more than 100 years old, and served in two world wars. She has more than earned some time in the dry dock.  I know I bought USS Texas a few years ago for $10. Not sure if the money went to the real ship, because it wasn't part of the donation bundle. However, I am still happy to have donated in some way. I can only hope this pandemic will be over when she is done with her repairs,  so I can finally go and visit her, wherever she ends up. Will they post a recording of the livestream, for those that can't watch it live? I will be working at the time of the broadcast. 

Perhaps WG can add USS Olympia next to the game? she needs some love and care as well. 

I think I will go sail out  My Texas to celebrate this occasion. I wish The Texas fair winds and following seas on her journey! :cap_like:

[BOOTI]
Members
7 posts
11,864 battles

I will be there as many of you know the members of the BOOTi clan from texas and our other members have started a campaign to have the Texas moved to Corpus Christi to be next to the USS Lexington. We have contacted Sen Cruz from texas as well as the Navy and veteran groups and the National museum of the Pacific war in Fredericksburg Tx and they are all on board with the idea . So i ask that as many of you as possible ask the Texas Foundation to move this majestic ship next to the Lex when she comes out of dry dock so she will achieve the visitors to guaranty her survival .

Thank You from the members of the BOOTI clan and all who want her saved for the future  .

Sign in to follow this