Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,897
[TARK]
Members
5,651 posts
2,260 battles

What a piece of crapnight.

4 battles in my Lexington...

PR: 1988 (Great)

Avg. Damage: 92656 (purple)

Avg. Experience: 1358

All four losses.

It also conforms to the pattern where when I'm close to some goal (new captain point in this case), I get given a bunch of complete fools to try to carry.

One battle featured everyone lemming training into a cross-fire...and point blank REFUSING to even defend our cap. I finally basically took my Lexington on a death ride to hold them off for five minutes while my 'team-mates sailed in the OTHER direction, and died one by one.

Another battle featured a winning position ruined by two Bismarcks who decided to YOLO into the enemy team when we had already won.

Sigh.

Rage quitting for the night.

Anyone who says Tier X has the 'best gameplay', is not talking out of their mouth.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,501
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,679 posts
14,007 battles

Some days you are the...

club2.JPG

and other days you are the...

baby-seal-01-abc-jef-200310_hpMain_16x9_

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
664
[OIL-1]
Members
954 posts
2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Anyone who says Tier X has the 'best gameplay', is not talking out of their mouth.

But you were in a tier 8 ship, so that statement makes no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,919
[DDMAF]
Members
2,809 posts
16,127 battles
2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

All four losses.

Just dodge?

  • Cool 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,326
[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,783 battles

I was on the opposite side of the coin... I was in a match in where we were behind all match, the red HOOD manage 6 kills, and some how... He lost and We manage a win.

Boy he was not happy after that... I am surprised he did not come to the forums to complain about it... Valiant effort on his part.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,807
[INTEL]
Members
12,500 posts
34,729 battles
3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

What a piece of crapnight.

4 battles in my Lexington...

PR: 1988 (Great)

Avg. Damage: 92656 (purple)

Avg. Experience: 1358

Sure wish you'd been my CV today. 

Too many games like that recently....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,008
[ARGSY]
Members
18,912 posts
13,143 battles
6 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Anyone who says Tier X has the 'best gameplay', is not talking out of their mouth.

They are if both teams play competently.

However if one team is composed of, as Jingles once put it, "Window-licking oxygen thieves who ride the short bus to school", the result is as you describe.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,897
[TARK]
Members
5,651 posts
2,260 battles
6 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Some days you are the...

club2.JPG

and other days you are the...

baby-seal-01-abc-jef-200310_hpMain_16x9_

I was never the seal...but there were so many suicidal teammates.

3 hours ago, z9_ said:

But you were in a tier 8 ship, so that statement makes no sense.

A tier 8 ship in tier 10 battles watching people in tier 10 ships do rookie things.

Tier 10 gameplay isnt 'more skilled' than lower tiers. It certainly isnt any better balanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
664
[OIL-1]
Members
954 posts
21 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

A tier 8 ship in tier 10 battles watching people in tier 10 ships do rookie things.

But there 'is' a difference in gameplay between a mixed tier 10 battle and a full tier 10 battle.

23 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Tier 10 gameplay isnt 'more skilled' than lower tiers. It certainly isnt any better balanced.

1. It is more skilled. I have a friend who won't play tier 10 because he loses money.
He loses money because he's not very good.
I've seen lots of comments in the forums from players who won't play tier 10 because they lose money.
So while there is no shortage of scrubs on tier 10, there is certainly less of them.

2. The balance is obvious. You don't have to play against OP ships 2 tiers above you.
Nothing you can do about the MM, but that's one less way for WG to cheat you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,897
[TARK]
Members
5,651 posts
2,260 battles
7 minutes ago, z9_ said:

But there 'is' a difference in gameplay between a mixed tier 10 battle and a full tier 10 battle.

Perhaps, though I doubt it.

I have yet to see evidence that tier 10 players are so much better than tier 8 players...and randoms MM doesnt have a skill component.

8 minutes ago, z9_ said:

. It is more skilled. I have a friend who won't play tier 10 because he loses money.
He loses money because he's not very good.
I've seen lots of comments in the forums from players who won't play tier 10 because they lose money.
So while there is no shortage of scrubs on tier 10, there is certainly less of them.

LOL

You lose money on your tier 10s because the service cost is really high. You have to play better in a tier 10 to make money than you would in a tier 8...or tier 6.

That has more to do with the way battle costs are assigned than skill.

Unless you have premium time, that means you should be profitable with a much lower skilled play.

10 minutes ago, z9_ said:

2. The balance is obvious. You don't have to play against OP ships 2 tiers above you.
Nothing you can do about the MM, but that's one less way for WG to cheat you.

Meh, Im free2play, so I am well aware of the OP ship and MM problems.

Im pretty sure I would see the same poor play in my teammates if I was in a tier 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[HINON]
Privateers
135 posts
5,163 battles
7 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

What a piece of crapnight.

4 battles in my Lexington...

PR: 1988 (Great)

Avg. Damage: 92656 (purple)

Avg. Experience: 1358

All four losses.

It also conforms to the pattern where when I'm close to some goal (new captain point in this case), I get given a bunch of complete fools to try to carry.

One battle featured everyone lemming training into a cross-fire...and point blank REFUSING to even defend our cap. I finally basically took my Lexington on a death ride to hold them off for five minutes while my 'team-mates sailed in the OTHER direction, and died one by one.

Another battle featured a winning position ruined by two Bismarcks who decided to YOLO into the enemy team when we had already won.

Sigh.

Rage quitting for the night.

Anyone who says Tier X has the 'best gameplay', is not talking out of their mouth.

I honestly don't know many who think tier X is the best gameplay experience. That said It is just a game. Why you jeff to get mad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
664
[OIL-1]
Members
954 posts
11 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

You lose money on your tier 10s because the service cost is really high.

I am also f2p, and I don't lose money on tier 10.
Sure, I can have a bad battle in a BB and lose a hundred grand,
but it doesn't happen often and the winnings cover the losses.

I think the system was implemented by wows as a way to encourage players
to learn the rules of the game before moving up to the top tiers.
I don't like the rules, but I can play by them.

The MM is an easy fix, but for whatever reason, WG and several other games refuse to do it.
I don't expect it to be fixed in this lifetime, so I've gotten over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,897
[TARK]
Members
5,651 posts
2,260 battles
1 hour ago, Khazal said:

I honestly don't know many who think tier X is the best gameplay experience. That said It is just a game. Why you jeff to get mad?

True...

I just like to play for my team...but its really hard when the team defies all logic.

Sometimes I just gotta vent.

:)

1 hour ago, z9_ said:

I am also f2p, and I don't lose money on tier 10.
Sure, I can have a bad battle in a BB and lose a hundred grand,
but it doesn't happen often and the winnings cover the losses.

I think the system was implemented by wows as a way to encourage players
to learn the rules of the game before moving up to the top tiers.
I don't like the rules, but I can play by them.

The MM is an easy fix, but for whatever reason, WG and several other games refuse to do it.
I don't expect it to be fixed in this lifetime, so I've gotten over it.

The economic system is built to encourage use of premium time. WE utilize it to build our skills.

This is a standard free2play business model, and THAT is why WG wont 'fix' the economic model or the MM. From WGs perspective, they are working as designed.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
481
[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,265 battles
49 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The economic system is built to encourage use of premium time.

If it isn't completely obvious that WG favours money spenders then I have this oldie but goodie bridge in Brooklyn for sale - just for you a 'special' deal.

50 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

THAT is why WG wont 'fix' the economic model or the MM.

Economic model is fine. What is not fine is the MM & the RNG.  This is where the main 'arranging' occurs.  This is where WG 'arranges' the Teams & the battle results to favour the spenders.

Random battles are not random. They never were. See the WG patent.

  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,493
[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,815 posts
4,613 battles
7 hours ago, z9_ said:

But you were in a tier 8 ship, so that statement makes no sense.

Isn't Tier VIII always bottom tier?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,897
[TARK]
Members
5,651 posts
2,260 battles
1 hour ago, Antean said:

If it isn't completely obvious that WG favours money spenders then I have this oldie but goodie bridge in Brooklyn for sale - just for you a 'special' deal.

Economic model is fine. What is not fine is the MM & the RNG.  This is where the main 'arranging' occurs.  This is where WG 'arranges' the Teams & the battle results to favour the spenders.

Random battles are not random. They never were. See the WG patent.

Possibly.

You wont get much traction with that speculation here.

54 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Isn't Tier VIII always bottom tier?

 

Not always...

...just most of the time. ;)

The tiering isnt so much the problem, though it does make it harder to carry...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,958
[WOLFG]
Members
27,403 posts
7,350 battles
1 hour ago, Antean said:

What is not fine is the MM & the RNG.  This is where the main 'arranging' occurs.  This is where WG 'arranges' the Teams & the battle results to favour the spenders.

Random battles are not random. They never were. See the WG patent.

I have seen the patent. I've been reading and re-reading it since it was brought up in the WoT forums years ago.

If you believe there's any mechanism for "arranging" teams based on whether or not they pay, I suggest you do the same.

Besides which, if you look up a "bad" team, you'll see that a lot of them do spend money, buying ship after ship that they have nowhere near the experience required to play decently.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,979
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,222 posts
15,357 battles

Rage quitting?

That is something you need to work on. You will be glad you did. 

cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,897
[TARK]
Members
5,651 posts
2,260 battles
4 minutes ago, paradat said:

Rage quitting?

That is something you need to work on. You will be glad you did. 

cheers.

Yes. My research says that when I get to that point, I go play Elite Dangerous and continue my exploration of the stars...

...oh I go to bed, like last night.

Or I spend some time with my family.

Because...

It's only game...why you heff to be mad?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,979
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,222 posts
15,357 battles
1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Yes. My research says that when I get to that point, I go play Elite Dangerous and continue my exploration of the stars...

...oh I go to bed, like last night.

Or I spend some time with my family.

Because...

It's only game...why you heff to be mad?

Good choices. +1

The next step will to be rage proof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,501
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,679 posts
14,007 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They are if both teams play competently.

However if one team is composed of, as Jingles once put it, "Window-licking oxygen thieves who ride the short bus to school", the result is as you describe.

Tier 10 tends to be very static which I hate. I like the middle tiers more as being on the move is still important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,030
[SIMP]
Members
1,452 posts

But, but, but...

You were in a CV! According to the forumites a CV completely devastates everything regardless of tier or skill! You can spot, attack, defend, cap, and carry an entire team all at once because CVs are so overpowered!!! What is wrong with you that you can't do the magic that everyone says you can do in a CV?!?!!?! It's the easy 'I WIN' button! Yeesh!

Don't tell me the forumites were lying.... :cap_book: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,493
[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,815 posts
4,613 battles
56 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I go play Elite Dangerous

I bought it in the last sale -- $15 for the big bundle (Fleet Carriers not released yet).  It takes some flying skill but like WoWs it's a thinking man's game.  I'm afraid to play it much because I can tell it could take over my brain.  When I play Galactic Civilizations I don't even sleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,897
[TARK]
Members
5,651 posts
2,260 battles
10 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

But, but, but...

You were in a CV! According to the forumites a CV completely devastates everything regardless of tier or skill! You can spot, attack, defend, cap, and carry an entire team all at once because CVs are so overpowered!!! What is wrong with you that you can't do the magic that everyone says you can do in a CV?!?!!?! It's the easy 'I WIN' button! Yeesh!

Don't tell me the forumites were lying.... :cap_book: 

Im also not a unicum in the ship...so, there is that. ;)

5 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I bought it in the last sale -- $15 for the big bundle (Fleet Carriers not released yet).  It takes some flying skill but like WoWs it's a thinking man's game.  I'm afraid to play it much because I can tell it could take over my brain.  When I play Galactic Civilizations I don't even sleep.

I am just exploring right now, not combat. Still only have the sidewinder...but Im some 500 LY from the bubble, and enjoying trying to figure out navigation with a short jump range while 700 LY below the galactic plane.

The star density is getting pretty low.

I want to get enough exploration data to afford a Diamondback explorer...and then just leave the bubble and not come back for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,493
[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,815 posts
4,613 battles

I'm still in the tutorial, though I've been watching videos.  Have you been following Jingles travels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×