You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Meta_Man

Gearing the utility player for the win video

14 comments in this topic

[META_]
Members
1,235 posts
16,076 battles

Hello captains , Here is a lesson in utility and team play in the Gearing. I go over my thought process as I play the battle and how I believe the Gearing is best used. Let's bring this beautiful ship up to better global winrates , she deserves it. Anyone looking to join a new clan just putting up naval yard building no matter your winrate or tier played we would be happy to have you. We were all brand new or not strong players at one time. Come build with META_ my youtube channel is Meta_Man2002 please subscribe if the videos are helpful. Have a great day.

Edited by Meta_Man
adding video
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
2 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

Hello captains , Here is a lesson in utility and team play in the Gearing. I go over my thought process as I play the battle and how I believe the Gearing is best used. Let's bring this beautiful ship up to better global winrates , she deserves it. Anyone looking to join a new clan just putting up naval yard building no matter your winrate or tier played we would be happy to have you. We were all brand new or not strong players at one time. Come build with META_ my youtube channel is Meta_Man2002 please subscribe if the videos are helpful. Have a great day.

Do you use the Gearing's UU?

[META_]
Members
1,235 posts
16,076 battles
6 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Do you use the Gearing's UU?

That's a good question that I missed when saying the good things about the gearing.. No I do not.... I actually go all anti air because as I say in my video I'm straight utility player in the Gearing.... I want to have good aa with dfaa, good smokes and high close range dpm to support my team. Using the legendary module would take away precious dpm.... Imo... Happy hunting Captain 😎 

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
25 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

That's a good question that I missed when saying the good things about the gearing.. No I do not.... I actually go all anti air because as I say in my video I'm straight utility player in the Gearing.... I want to have good aa with dfaa, good smokes and high close range dpm to support my team. Using the legendary module would take away precious dpm.... Imo... Happy hunting Captain 😎 

No boost for you then.

I use the UU w/the speed boost mod cause I like to leave long lines of smoke so people can have room to maneuver if torps come in w/out needing to leave it myself...then I generally stay out of it to spot while they farm damage & the detection bonus helps w/that.

I also have Halsey in case I get a double strike to get that 5.03 detection...but I've never gotten it to activate (-: but when it happens the lolz will be epic :-)

That's just another example of it's utility for assisting teammates though...& it's AA is pretty good stock for assisting w/CVs...I do that also :-)

Nice job on denying the C cap there btw...well played.

[META_]
Members
1,235 posts
16,076 battles
7 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

No boost for you then.

I use the UU w/the speed boost mod cause I like to leave long lines of smoke so people can have room to maneuver if torps come in w/out needing to leave it myself...then I generally stay out of it to spot while they farm damage & the detection bonus helps w/that.

I also have Halsey in case I get a double strike to get that 5.03 detection...but I've never gotten it to activate (-: but when it happens the lolz will be epic :-)

That's just another example of it's utility for assisting teammates though...& it's AA is pretty good stock for assisting w/CVs...I do that also :-)

Nice job on denying the C cap there btw...well played.

Thank you, and I'll take a look at your other suggestions.... It's funny because my to favorite destroyer lines are opposing styles 🇺🇸 team oriented.. French selfish overall, lol.. Happy hunting Captain 😎 

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
15 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

Thank you, and I'll take a look at your other suggestions.... It's funny because my to favorite destroyer lines are opposing styles 🇺🇸 team oriented.. French selfish overall, lol.. Happy hunting Captain 😎 

Also I use the faster gun reload in slot 6... but I haven't been able to play in months & I hear new upgrades have been added/altered so my build might change if I can get a steady place to hook up again someday.

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
1,235 posts
16,076 battles
On 7/21/2020 at 11:17 PM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Also I use the faster gun reload in slot 6... but I haven't been able to play in months & I hear new upgrades have been added/altered so my build might change if I can get a steady place to hook up again someday.

I use my guns but I hardly ever go one on one without an advantage in my gearing, so that is why I do not use the faster reload.....different styles work. That is why it is a nice game ,we do not need to be robots ,lol

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Meta_Man said:

I use my guns but I hardly ever go one on one without an advantage in my gearing, so that is why I do not use the faster reload.....different styles work. That is why it is a nice game ,we do not need to be robots ,lol

True dat :Smile_teethhappy: your style is probably a lot more effective than mine anyway :Smile_honoring:

[META_]
Members
1,235 posts
16,076 battles
6 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

True dat :Smile_teethhappy: your style is probably a lot more effective than mine anyway :Smile_honoring:

I wouldn't say that, lol.... I see you on the forums alot and know you're trying to increase your skill, that's better than most.... Most of the people want to complain instead of learn how to overcome the obstacles.... Good luck captain, add me online I'd be happy to division with you anytime 😁

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
44 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

I wouldn't say that, lol.... I see you on the forums alot and know you're trying to increase your skill, that's better than most.... Most of the people want to complain instead of learn how to overcome the obstacles.... Good luck captain, add me online I'd be happy to division with you anytime 😁

Actually due to living conditions I haven't had a decent place to play steady since before the plague (had a place to hook up occasionally before that but it went away w/that).

My present attempts on the forums are to help the newer players learn the ropes so when I get back on I don't have teams w/all those potatoes everyone is always complaining about (jk).

I've never been exceptional (but I am better than my stats lead on***) but I've always known it was my inadequacies that caused any lacking on my part...not: MM/any other potatoes than myself/RNG (watching others play has lead me to realize there is actually less RNG than assumed & a lot of people just aiming at the wrong area of the ship per the ammo loaded...& by "others" I mean both those that do know where to aim & those that don't so I've seen the comparisons)/WG specifically trolling me/etc.

The RU BB release (yeah...it was that long ago) is the last time I played steady...& I used to play 14 hours a day.

I was 1 day away from having every non CV T10 in the game at the time of the RU BB...if I could have just squeezed in those last 6 games on the Iowa the night before RU BBs dropped...but I couldn't because I had to work the next day.

***But every 1 of those grinds was done using exactly zero FXP (w/2 exceptions: 1- Accidently FXPed the 2nd 1/2 of the B hull & the C hull on Hipper while checking out the 3rd hull changes. & 2- FXPed the New Mexico mods when I 1st got it to use in a ranked season way back in the day...played 1 game in it...won that game...but said, "nah...too slow" & ended up using something else for ranked that season).

So my ability is a bit better than my stats lead anybody that bothers checking them to believe (if say I had fully upgraded ships for all of those battles...& it's not like I didn't have the FXP to do it)...but then again sone of my best battles were 1st battles in a ship w/nothing upgraded (& in some cases w/the commander w/no points assigned because...oops...forgot...lol).

Sorry...guess the last thing you were expecting was a wall of text in response to your comment.

But if I ever get back on would love to div w/you sometime.

[META_]
Members
1,235 posts
16,076 battles
7 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Actually due to living conditions I haven't had a decent place to play steady since before the plague (had a place to hook up occasionally before that but it went away w/that).

My present attempts on the forums are to help the newer players learn the ropes so when I get back on I don't have teams w/all those potatoes everyone is always complaining about (jk).

I've never been exceptional (but I am better than my stats lead on***) but I've always known it was my inadequacies that caused any lacking on my part...not: MM/any other potatoes than myself/RNG (watching others play has lead me to realize there is actually less RNG than assumed & a lot of people just aiming at the wrong area of the ship per the ammo loaded...& by "others" I mean both those that do know where to aim & those that don't so I've seen the comparisons)/WG specifically trolling me/etc.

The RU BB release (yeah...it was that long ago) is the last time I played steady...& I used to play 14 hours a day.

I was 1 day away from having every non CV T10 in the game at the time of the RU BB...if I could have just squeezed in those last 6 games on the Iowa the night before RU BBs dropped...but I couldn't because I had to work the next day.

***But every 1 of those grinds was done using exactly zero FXP (w/2 exceptions: 1- Accidently FXPed the 2nd 1/2 of the B hull & the C hull on Hipper while checking out the 3rd hull changes. & 2- FXPed the New Mexico mods when I 1st got it to use in a ranked season way back in the day...played 1 game in it...won that game...but said, "nah...too slow" & ended up using something else for ranked that season).

So my ability is a bit better than my stats lead anybody that bothers checking them to believe (if say I had fully upgraded ships for all of those battles...& it's not like I didn't have the FXP to do it)...but then again sone of my best battles were 1st battles in a ship w/nothing upgraded (& in some cases w/the commander w/no points assigned because...oops...forgot...lol).

Sorry...guess the last thing you were expecting was a wall of text in response to your comment.

But if I ever get back on would love to div w/you sometime.

I ramble myself, lol..... When I'm passionate about something I get that way.... I like the passion 😁.... Hope to hear from you again and hope you are enjoying my videos.. Any tips or ships you would like to see let me know.. 

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
21 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

I ramble myself, lol..... When I'm passionate about something I get that way.... I like the passion 😁.... Hope to hear from you again and hope you are enjoying my videos.. Any tips or ships you would like to see let me know.. 

I think a Khaba video w/a CV (if you haven't done 1 already) would be fun to watch from somebody that knows how to elude CVs in DDs (a T10 ranked/CB one would be perfect but alas...no T10 ranked/CBs right now).

It used to be the OP run & gun ship & I'm sure it hasn't lost it's inherent abilities but it is spotted from the moon & doesn't have the French maneuverability I hear so it keeps being dubbed "power crept" in the forums.

Can you (or have you...would love to check that out if you have) make that old favorite shine again?

[META_]
Members
1,235 posts
16,076 battles
8 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I think a Khaba video w/a CV (if you haven't done 1 already) would be fun to watch from somebody that knows how to elude CVs in DDs (a T10 ranked/CB one would be perfect but alas...no T10 ranked/CBs right now).

It used to be the OP run & gun ship & I'm sure it hasn't lost it's inherent abilities but it is spotted from the moon & doesn't have the French maneuverability I hear so it keeps being dubbed "power crept" in the forums.

Can you (or have you...would love to check that out if you have) make that old favorite shine again?

I have the khabarovsk, I only have 3 under 50% winrate destroyers in the whole game, khabarovsk, orkan, friesland... I think it's because of the lack of torping power among them..... I bought her years ago before I was very good and haven't played her so maybe now I'd win in her... I'll dust her off for you😁... The main difference with her compared to the French is agility and Dpm... I don't mean normal DPM  but the French has reload booster but the khabarovsk has unique armor scheme so I'll try to play with her for a few days to see if I can make her shine 😉

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
14 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

I have the khabarovsk, I only have 3 under 50% winrate destroyers in the whole game, khabarovsk, orkan, friesland... I think it's because of the lack of torping power among them..... I bought her years ago before I was very good and haven't played her so maybe now I'd win in her... I'll dust her off for you😁... The main difference with her compared to the French is agility and Dpm... I don't mean normal DPM  but the French has reload booster but the khabarovsk has unique armor scheme so I'll try to play with her for a few days to see if I can make her shine 😉

Thanx...never really ran her myself (I only earn T10s...I don't run them unless free perma camos were evented out for them (Worc/Yammy).

But I remember being trolled by them back in the day (or watching my teammates troll in them after sunk) & would like to see if somebody can make it shine again...at least in the CV vs DD aspect of it... can't extend the torps obviously (boo..that should be an option).

Beware of that "unique" armor scheme though against BB AP...she still takes full pens w/it from them.

Sure you know that but seeing as you haven't run her in awhile don't want you to get caught up in a, "oops..forgot about that" scenario :-)

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1