Hapa_Fodder

Ranked Battles: the Seventeenth Season

82 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,905 posts
13,343 battles

A new Ranked Battles Season for Tier VIII ships. Read the details in our article!

Read it on the portal
  • Funny 1

Members
7 posts
3,583 battles
18 minutes ago, xCAMx1652 said:

Will divisions be allowed for the 17th season?

no they will not

• Cool 3

[ALOFT]
Supertester
571 posts
14,576 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

A new Ranked Battles Season for Tier VIII ships. Read the details in our article!

Read it on the portal

It seems like ranked isn't as big as it used to be in terms of interest. I wonder why. Is it due to the rewards being less? The season being shorter? 

I wish WG would promote it more and offer better rewards due to how much of a grind it is. 

• Thanks 2

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,100 posts
4,678 battles
23 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

It seems like ranked isn't as big as it used to be in terms of interest. I wonder why. Is it due to the rewards being less? The season being shorter? 

I wish WG would promote it more and offer better rewards due to how much of a grind it is. 

I know! They seem to have always had the mentality that a lesser tier means an easier time ranking out (therefore less rewards) but quite often it is the opposite. Lower tiers means more inexperienced teammates and more frustration!

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,516 posts
14,242 battles
3 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

I know! They seem to have always had the mentality that a lesser tier means an easier time ranking out (therefore less rewards) but quite often it is the opposite. Lower tiers means more inexperienced teammates and more frustration!

Actually tier 8 is optimal Ranked tier as often inexperienced players rush to tier 10, Radar is equally available to everyone at 8, there are many ships to choose from at 8, and it’s not brokenly unbalanced like tier 7 Ranked.

[PHD]
Members
5 posts
6,848 battles

I am thinking doing ranked battle for the first time (yeah one of those inexperienced teammates to get frustrated with). I hope the experts bear with us the newbies and help us stop being newbies fast.

The question is: Which ship to bring to ranked battles?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thx.

• Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
744 posts
8,568 battles

Just play your best and ignore the inevitable salt. People get psycho in ranked.  

• Cool 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
93 posts

Just to be clear, I don't need 7 clan members in tier8 ships division to play, just hit Ranked Battles, and MM will assign the other 6 ships? 1 CV 4 BB max, or there will always be 1 CV and 4 BB's?

[PL1AD]
[PL1AD]
Members
3 posts
6,114 battles

Rewards ?SUCK , MONTH BY MONTH, YEAR BY YEAR, THESE AWARDS WIDE AND WORSE.

Members
790 posts
12,842 battles
1 hour ago, ArtyAardvark said:

Just to be clear, I don't need 7 clan members in tier8 ships division to play, just hit Ranked Battles, and MM will assign the other 6 ships? 1 CV 4 BB max, or there will always be 1 CV and 4 BB's?

Going by the image it's 1 CV, 4 BBs max.

[KILLU]
Members
23 posts
606 battles

You know, I realize these events are important to a lot of players but can you dev's at least try to put SOME effort into fixing issues with the game itself please.

Client game crashes are still rampant and show no signs of improvement, matchmaking is still all over the place with excessive matchmaking wait times still common as well as severe in game packet loss which is causing latency timeouts upwards of 30 seconds multiple times during a single battle multiple times during play sessions.

These are issues that if addressed properly would go quite far towards satisfying some of the community's complaints.

[NAM-2]
Members
29 posts
6,411 battles

If I have 17 starts from last season and I start at rank 11, do I automatically receive the rewards for ranks 18-12? Or do I miss out on account of my greatness?

• Funny 1

Members
334 posts
23,128 battles
20 minutes ago, ctlbulldg06 said:

If I have 17 starts from last season and I start at rank 11, do I automatically receive the rewards for ranks 18-12? Or do I miss out on account of my greatness?

your greatness is rewarded

[NGA-B]
Members
8 posts
1,533 battles
5 hours ago, Rustkingg said:

I am thinking doing ranked battle for the first time (yeah one of those inexperienced teammates to get frustrated with). I hope the experts bear with us the newbies and help us stop being newbies fast.

The question is: Which ship to bring to ranked battles?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thx.

Flamu has a nice video on this that he just refreshed. 

• Cool 2

[HAIFU]
Members
16 posts
314 battles

This may not be a wise question, but is Ranked Battles alright for new players to play in or should we wait until we have more experience and try next year? I would hate to impede someone else's progress.

Not looking for philosophical or moral answers just how more experienced players feel about poor players participating.

[WNSTN]
Members
129 posts
8,914 battles
50 minutes ago, Kiku_fuanteina said:

This may not be a wise question, but is Ranked Battles alright for new players to play in or should we wait until we have more experience and try next year? I would hate to impede someone else's progress.

Not looking for philosophical or moral answers just how more experienced players feel about poor players participating.

You need to learn at some point. Experience is the only way to get better. Last season in T7 was my first time to Rank 1. I always stopped around Rank 6 if I got frustrated. Play what you want. Grab so free stuff and have fun. Play your game.

• Cool 3

[104]
Members
58 posts
1,836 battles
10 minutes ago, Kiku_fuanteina said:

Oh, ok I was just worried people would be upset with me. I do want to play though

Just ignore the salt!

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
Members
902 posts
17,272 battles

no usuall irevocable ranks between 12 and 1  will make this rank season much harder 

shot-20.07.21_15.55.27-0885.jpg

[Y0L0]
Members
451 posts
22,552 battles
3 hours ago, Kiku_fuanteina said:

It's ok if you play now, but be on the other team.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
636 posts
13,521 battles
4 hours ago, arch4random said:

the iron cross flag at rank 15 .... do we keep that flag???

only the 10% and 20% flags you receive at ranks 10 and 5 are removed at the end of the season. The Iron cross at rank 15 you will keep. 

Once the season ends, all players at Rank 15 or higher will receive a commemorative flag

3 hours ago, Kiku_fuanteina said:

Everyone needs cannon fodder to shoot. :Smile_playing: