You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
devildog0416

Naval Battles timer.

10 comments in this topic

[MR-1]
Members
81 posts
10,906 battles

Our clan is active in Naval Battles EVERY week. One of the most frequent topics is how we wish there was a count down timer similar to the one in Clan Battles. Our clan spans at least four of the North American Time Zones, so having that timer would be a great help to make sure every one gets their attempts in.  "you have three days so why is this important?" We are a young clan of about eighteen months. We encourage new players to join us and learn with us as we grind research ships to T10. Because our players span so any tiers, Our more experienced players wait as long as possible to use their attempts so the newer players have a greater chance to earn stars. The in port timer would help keep track of the time to make sure no one missed the opportunity accidentally. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles

It ends with the Monday morning reset.

[PVE]
Members
6,130 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I haven't played in awhile but I was logging in on Sunday nights last I played & had attempts not be counted (saying the time was up & results were being tallied) w/10-15 minutes to spare before the reset.

Not sure if that has been addressed or not since...it has been many months.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles
43 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I haven't played in awhile but I was logging in on Sunday nights last I played & had attempts not be counted (saying the time was up & results were being tallied) w/10-15 minutes to spare before the reset.

I have had that happen and every time it was because I didn't enable them.

[MR-1]
Members
1,074 posts
18,606 battles

it usually ends around midnight mountain time but what my fellow clan member is saying it would be nice if there was a timer letting us know how long was left 

[PVE]
Members
6,130 posts
22,432 battles
54 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I have had that happen and every time it was because I didn't enable them.

Actually what I was referring to was at 15 minutes before reset there was no option to enable a battle...the chart of ship types was gone as an option & the "We are tallying results (forget exact wording... haven't played in awhile)" screen was up.

I've never had an issue w/results being counted...just getting in to play (NBs specifically...I could play other modes still of course) while there was still time left before container change.

Think it's geared towards everybody being done by container change & cuts you off if you can't be guaranteed to get a battle in in time (as in maybe 20 minutes before container change...but not sure of the exact time exactly).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Actually what I was referring to was at 15 minutes before reset there was no option to select a battle...the chart of ship types was gone as an option & the "We are tallying results (forget exact wording... haven't played in awhile)" screen was up.

I've never had an issue w/results being counted...just getting in to play (NBs specifically...I could play other modes still of course) while there was still time left before container change.

Think it's geared towards everybody being done by container change & cuts you off if you can't be guaranteed to get a battle in in time (as in maybe 20 minutes before container change...but not sure of the exact time exactly).

Ah, I see said the blind man. That seems odd unless they had trouble.

[PVE]
Members
6,130 posts
22,432 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Ah, I see said the blind man. That seems odd unless they had trouble.

It was a pretty standard thing back then...like I said it may have been fixed since then.

I did word my other post wrong when I said it didn't count my attempts...it did count them when it let me in...just didn't let me in towards the end.

[MR-1]
Members
81 posts
10,906 battles
On 7/20/2020 at 6:08 PM, BrushWolf said:

actually four our Clan they end 01:00 central time. The reset is 05:00. It just would be nice to have a port timer like Clan battles does.

[MR-1]
Members
81 posts
10,906 battles
On 7/20/2020 at 7:18 PM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

No it is still the same way.