Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Tanman

Fix The Dang MM!!!

21 comments in this topic

[FT]
Members
269 posts
11,138 battles

How did this division of three end up in a random T8 game?!?!?

3.thumb.PNG.d944ce20fdcd6d92fd6338227f77350f.PNG2.thumb.PNG.7f4ad4323793d9e3e0249b5cabe52b52.PNG1.thumb.PNG.0689c5d1f6fccdc45b816ff765958b64.PNG

So 25% of the team was made up of these scrubs. I thought this was fixed. If this is how it is supposed to be, then thank you for the middle finger. Come on!

Please implement some sort of noob control.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 8

Members
2,011 posts
28,745 battles

MM has never (afaik) taken such stats into consideration.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,793 posts
11,335 battles
15 minutes ago, Mister_Tanman said:

...because they decided to play in a division? :Smile_amazed:

• Haha 1

[FT]
Members
269 posts
11,138 battles
3 minutes ago, Hel_Diver142 said:

Don't like it don't play randoms. Then no more issue

This is the stupidest comment ever. 

• Thanks 2
  • Meh 2

[KAPPA]
Members
3,126 posts
9,284 battles
Just now, Mister_Tanman said:

This is the stupidest comment ever. 

As well as accurate.

Why do you think it is called random battle? There is no skill-based matchmaking. It only cares what ship types are on both teams and how often you are bottom tier, and even that is lost after enough wait time.

[--K--]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,806 posts
5,996 battles
1 minute ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Have we met the weekly quota for broken MM posts yet?

We need 5 more 

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
28 minutes ago, Mister_Tanman said:

3.thumb.PNG.d944ce20fdcd6d92fd6338227f77350f.PNG2.thumb.PNG.7f4ad4323793d9e3e0249b5cabe52b52.PNG1.thumb.PNG.0689c5d1f6fccdc45b816ff765958b64.PNG

So 25% of the team was made up of these scrubs. I thought this was fixed. If this is how it is supposed to be, then thank you for the middle finger. Come on!

Please implement some sort of noob control.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Breaking News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're stats look as good as they do because there are a lot of these players on both teams in every match.

You aren't blapping good to unicum players most of the time even if you think you are.

• Cool 2

[WOLFA]
Members
853 posts
7,976 battles

I had a tier X game and we had a Des Moine on our team that camped the corner of an island taking pot shots at ships that were at max range the whole battle. He ended at the bottom of the team list with 413 exp.

I looked up his stats and he had 326 random battles played and 3200 Co-Op battles played. There's no way to separate random players from Co-Op junkies.

You just have to deal and move on to the next potato team :Smile_facepalm:

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,138 posts
4,345 battles
17 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Feels sad man. 😂 

It's only Monday, we got time

• Cool 1

[FT]
Members
269 posts
11,138 battles

Sounds like many of you are accepting of MM the way it is because most replies are snarky comment about "How Many" there will be. 

Well, I think this is stupid is stupid. And I think there are people who agree with me. 

So, yes, if you feel a 26 random battle played person can division themselves into a T8 random game is a good thing, than please troll. You get no money for the number of replies you make. 

Wait for it........... Green Lizard approaches........ 

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,489 posts
15,404 battles
Just now, Mister_Tanman said:

Sounds like many of you are accepting of MM the way it is because most replies are snarky comment about "How Many" there will be. 

Well, I think this is stupid is stupid. And I think there are people who agree with me. 

So, yes, if you feel a 26 random battle played person can division themselves into a T8 random game is a good thing, than please troll. You get no money for the number of replies you make. 

Wait for it........... Green Lizard approaches........ 

Once you have been told for the 123402193541902th time that the MM will not be changed, yes, you learn to accept it.  Note that accepting it and agreeing with it are not the same thing.

This is the way it is and we have all been told that even if they did implement some stat based matchmaking, it would make very little difference in the game (I don't believe that for a second but that is what we have been told).

If you really want to change the game, IMO, lobby for them to hide everyone's stats entirely.  This solves a lot of issues:

• You can make more changes to the game's matchmaking, because you won't have people with super high win rates complaining about how the change will impact their elite stats status.  IE People with a 65% Win Rate probably won't really like the idea of them getting paired with a 35% WR person every...single..game, to counter how good they are.  It will push to bring everyone toward 50%, and some people just can't accept that (even though a 52% WR in skill based matchmaking may be just as good and make them just as elite, 65% just sounds so much better).
  • People won't have the stats to complain about someones gameplay....less trolling/stat shaming, etc.
  • People won't get all annoyed by MMM and quit the game before the game even starts.

Anyways, good luck :)

• Sad 1

[FT]
Members
269 posts
11,138 battles
8 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Once you have been told for the 123402193541902th time that the MM will not be changed, yes, you learn to accept it.  Note that accepting it and agreeing with it are not the same thing.

This is the way it is and we have all been told that even if they did implement some stat based matchmaking, it would make very little difference in the game (I don't believe that for a second but that is what we have been told).

If you really want to change the game, IMO, lobby for them to hide everyone's stats entirely.  This solves a lot of issues:

• You can make more changes to the game's matchmaking, because you won't have people with super high win rates complaining about how the change will impact their elite stats status.  IE People with a 65% Win Rate probably won't really like the idea of them getting paired with a 35% WR person every...single..game, to counter how good they are.  It will push to bring everyone toward 50%, and some people just can't accept that (even though a 52% WR in skill based matchmaking may be just as good and make them just as elite, 65% just sounds so much better).
  • People won't have the stats to complain about someones gameplay....less trolling/stat shaming, etc.
  • People won't get all annoyed by MMM and quit the game before the game even starts.

Anyways, good luck :)

You did not say if you agree with me or not. Odd..... You just said accept it. So do you agree with me or not? Is having  27 game random players in a T8 match a good thing? 

Wow, seem like you are just saying "Once you have been told for the 123402193541902th time that the MM will not be changed, yes, you learn to accept it", which is exactly what you said. 

Sorry, I'm going to point out stupid things in the the hopes it will get better. 

You are just going to tell people to shut up and accept it... wow...

[SOFOP]
Members
2,489 posts
15,404 battles
3 minutes ago, Mister_Tanman said:

You did not say if you agree with me or not. Odd..... You just said accept it. So do you agree with me or not? Is having  27 game random players in a T8 match a good thing? 

Wow, seem like you are just saying "Once you have been told for the 123402193541902th time that the MM will not be changed, yes, you learn to accept it", which is exactly what you said. 

Sorry, I'm going to point out stupid things in the the hopes it will get better. 

You are just going to tell people to shut up and accept it... wow...

Do I think the game would be better off if the powers that be implemented a matchmaking system that evened out teams based on some metric?  Yes.  Do I want to play with a 3 man div with the states you listed?  Not particularly.

That said, people get short tempered and tired of these types of posts, because it has all been done before, it has all been said before, and on the off chance we do get an official response, that response has always been "No, we will not waste time making a matchmaking system that balances teams around anything beyond what we have".

The same response we get when we ask why we still have to deal with 2 tier matchmaking, unbalanced teams in regards to radar and premiums, people with 1 game played buying t8 premiums, etc.

Most people don't agree, but most have learned to accept it.  You are free to post whatever you want and more power to you if you really want to push the topic.  Some of us have pushed it....you can only bang your head against a wall so many times before you say to yourself "huh, maybe I should find another way to go about this".

[FT]
Members
269 posts
11,138 battles
21 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Do I think the game would be better off if the powers that be implemented a matchmaking system that evened out teams based on some metric?  Yes.  Do I want to play with a 3 man div with the states you listed?  Not particularly.

That said, people get short tempered and tired of these types of posts, because it has all been done before, it has all been said before, and on the off chance we do get an official response, that response has always been "No, we will not waste time making a matchmaking system that balances teams around anything beyond what we have".

The same response we get when we ask why we still have to deal with 2 tier matchmaking, unbalanced teams in regards to radar and premiums, people with 1 game played buying t8 premiums, etc.

Most people don't agree, but most have learned to accept it.  You are free to post whatever you want and more power to you if you really want to push the topic.  Some of us have pushed it....you can only bang your head against a wall so many times before you say to yourself "huh, maybe I should find another way to go about this".

I have over 7500 matched. BUT,  I have only 144 posts to your 2265 posts. Sorry if I have missed out on the many past threads about how MM needs fixing, but maybe, just maybe if experienced people post about it, someone might listen. 

I feel sorry for you that you are so jaded to speak up about things that need fixing in this game because you obviously enjoy at over 13,000 matches played.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,804 posts
21,723 battles

There need to be scrubs for mediocre players like me to farm.

• Funny 2

[SOFOP]
Members
2,489 posts
15,404 battles
22 minutes ago, Mister_Tanman said:

I feel sorry for you that you are so jaded to speak up about things that need fixing in this game because you obviously enjoy at over 13,000 matches played.

If I feel the need to speak up, I do.  But I also understand the gamer community and that if something has been brought up a lot, I'm going to get told that.  Gamers aren't known for holding back afterall.

[FT]
Members
269 posts
11,138 battles
31 minutes ago, Lert said:

There need to be scrubs for mediocre players like me to farm.

Ok, that is true.. LOL!

Didn't think about that.

Sign in to follow this