You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Merc_R_Us

When the DD Detect by Air Buff Comes Out, CVs will be like...

70 comments in this topic

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,444 posts
6,499 battles

I for one look forward to it...  No longer am I torn between farming and DD duties, that teammates literally demand......   Its clear to me what will be the best use of my time now.   

giphy.gif  

• Cool 2

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
728 posts
4,648 battles
2 minutes ago, Dmich89 said:

Where can I read more about the dd change?

It's on the devblog. Basically, DD air detection is halved, but the bloom time for firing AA is increased to 20 seconds

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,886 posts
9,949 battles

I am so looking forward to this because the % of DD's YOLOing to the Cap is going to go up and that is WAY more easier to counter then dealing with DD"s who take CVs into account.

I'm looking forward to more idiots as I burn them down in my Friesland in 8 seconds or torp them with my Benham or Euro DD"s with blind shots or maneuvere around them in my Asashio to wreak havoc on their teammates or radar them in my Black so that hell comes down upon them.

You all go ahead...looking forward to the inevitable "Our DD's suked"  white coloured chat.

• Boring 2

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
36 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

550408859_CVsBeLike.thumb.jpg.702ee411f626dd69892aa65547bbaaa9.jpg

Followed by....

'Muh secondaries only shoot 5km....nm that BB over there needs triple fires and double floods'

Edited by Sumseaman

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,114 posts
4,084 battles

So basically never, ever, turn on your AA in a DD. Unless you're a ship that can wipe out the whole squadron in one pass. Got it.

WG is showing more and more every change that they have absolutely no clue what they're doing when it comes to CVs.

• Cool 13

[TARK]
Members
6,559 posts
2,514 battles
47 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Yes...YES.

So much this.

Even now, I do NOT think it the best use of my time to have to kill DDs.

Spot them? Yes, because I am the best at it...

...but if thats not the case...

So long, whiners! Im off to kill that battleship you cant seem to hit.

Seriously, the battleship demanding that my Lexington planes spot the Halland so my friendly battleship can farm Montana...

Just...yeah.

If WG wants me not to have the tools for teamplay...shrug.

More damage for me.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[GLF]
Members
1,010 posts
16,167 battles
10 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

So basically never, ever, turn on your AA in a DD. Unless you're a ship that can wipe out the whole squadron in one pass. Got it.

Not completely accurate.  The bloom only applies to max aa range (unless I am mistaken).  So if your aa range is less than your air spotting range, you can still use it freely. 

Edited by AnimaL21

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

It'll be nice to be able to ignore DDs. They are usually not easy to spot if they are any good.

Now I can let my team spot them and then hit them that much harder from the side! :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
15 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Seriously, the battleship demanding that my Lexington planes spot the Halland so my friendly battleship can farm Montana...

Just...yeah.

Why do I think this thread is now a CV player safe space?

Perhaps now we can use our fighters to deter strikes instead of being some BBs spotting biatch.

Why oh why though do I shudder to think this whole concept is going to take 3 months after going live to sink in to some thick skulls?

It will be oooohhh so tasty to see those Shima/Asashio spreads slam into broadsides from the air and think 'Hmmm...not my fault...'

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,114 posts
4,084 battles
10 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

Not completely accurate.  The bloom only applies to max aa range (unless I am mistaken).  So if your aa range is less than your air spotting range, you can still use it freely. 

True. But let's be honest, if your AA range is less than your surface detect range as a DD then it's not going to matter whether it's on or off.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,591 posts
2,429 battles
15 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

How many DDs have air detect range greater than their AA range?

[GLF]
Members
1,010 posts
16,167 battles
7 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

How many DDs have air detect range greater than their AA range?

I dont know. 

[GLF]
Members
1,010 posts
16,167 battles
14 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

True. But let's be honest, if your AA range is less than your surface detect range as a DD then it's not going to matter whether it's on or off.

Depends, but I do understand what you're saying.   

[TMS]
Members
3,349 posts
31 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

Not really.

Air Spotting range 2.7, AA5.2 and lets say when  my AA is on Planes can now spot me at 5.2 for 20 seconds and so can the rest of the red team because the planes are spotting and plenty of DDs die to that fact.

Where as before as soon as the planes get to 2.8 flying away turning the AA off would make you go instantly dark with in reason..

Edited by Final8ty

[CLUMP]
Members
821 posts
1,168 battles
1 hour ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Right says the players that have made countless CV hating threads all year long complain CV OP :Smile_popcorn:

[GLF]
Members
1,010 posts
16,167 battles
Just now, Final8ty said:

Not really.

Air Spotting range 2.7, AA5.2 and lits say when my AA is Planes can now spot me at 5.2 for 20 seconds and so can the rest of the red team because the planes are spotting and plenty of DDs die to that fact.

Where as before as soon as the planes get to 2.8 flying away turning the AA off would make you go instantly dark with in reason..

Re-read what i said.   i said when AA is less than spotting.   Your scenario is correct for the opposite situation. 

[TMS]
Members
3,349 posts
3 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

Re-read what i said.   i said when AA is less than spotting.   Your scenario is correct for the opposite situation. 

There is no such thing for most DDs.

Edited by Final8ty

[KAG2]
Members
9 posts
2,754 battles
45 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

WG is showing more and more every change that they have absolutely no clue what they're doing when it comes to CVs.

This isn’t even close to being true. Plenty of situations where a dd will still use AA...

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[XXX]
Members
520 posts
934 battles
18 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Why do I think this thread is now a CV player safe space?

Perhaps now we can use our fighters to deter strikes instead of being some BBs spotting biatch.

Why oh why though do I shudder to think this whole concept is going to take 3 months after going live to sink in to some thick skulls?

It will be oooohhh so tasty to see those Shima/Asashio spreads slam into broadsides from the air and think 'Hmmm...not my fault...'

The problem with fighters is they're actually kind of crap for air support. They can be easily countered by the enemy CV and baited, they take waaaaayy too long to acquire their target and even then it seems like its a 50/50 as to whether they lock on or not. Plus if you've got fast enough planes you can yank the fighters out of position far enough that they stop following and are effectively rendered useless since they'll just go back to where they were spawned and then fly off.

Not only that BUT fighters will only shoot down the number of planes in a squadron. The standard is 5 BUT certain CVs get much larger squadrons, Enterprise, Kaga and Ark Royal all get a lot more fighters, meaning they can do more damage or zone easier.

These are problems with fighters launched by ships, they take a good 20-30 seconds to actually be active and usually 10 seconds to latch on to an enemy squadron which is bloody useless if you have an incoming attack since you need a HUGE warning that a CV is going to attack you in order to actually have the fighter shoot down some planes.

Fighters as a whole need a complete rework and I'm saying this as someone who likes CVs.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,426 posts
14,165 battles
28 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

It'll be nice to be able to ignore DDs. They are usually not easy to spot if they are any good.

Now I can let my team spot them and then hit them that much harder from the side! :cap_haloween:

The DD players will still blame you for keeping them spotted.

25 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I see this helping the low tier DD's the most as the detection range will now be less than the distance of the attack run.

I see DD players whooping and hollering but they are forgetting about the AA detection bloom. No more shoot the planes and as they turn around for another pass turning the AA off so they have to start the attack run blind which a good DD player will make use of. This is a win and a loss and the better CV players didn't go out to hunt the DD's but never turned down a free shot when given to them.

• Boring 1

[XXX]
Members
520 posts
934 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The DD players will still blame you for keeping them spotted.

I see this helping the low tier DD's the most as the detection range will now be less than the distance of the attack run.

I see DD players whooping and hollering but they are forgetting about the AA detection bloom. No more shoot the planes and as they turn around for another pass turning the AA off so they have to start the attack run blind which a good DD player will make use of. This is a win and a loss and the better CV players didn't go out to hunt the DD's but never turned down a free shot when given to them.

This...I often stopped hunting DDs right at the start and took out the old rocket planes to harass cruisers (mmm stripping AA mounts) but there's always one DD that has their AA turned on and presents a free target.