You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Midshipman_Hornblower

"Either/Or" missions

12 comments in this topic

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,755 battles

Has anyone figured out exactly how the new either/or missions work?  It SEEMS obvious to me, but I've concluded that I really don't know how they work.  

Here's an example.  One of the current missions required that you either earn 100K FXP OR cause 1.25M damage.  Either condition can be fulfilled using any T5+ ship.  So I go out in a random battle, in a ship (and battle type) that qualifies.  I do some damage, and I earn some FXP.  But, after the battle, I look at the mission and I see that I've gotten credit for the FXP I earned, but have not gotten ANY credit for the damage I did.  I tried this 3 times this morning, with the same result each time.

Apparently, you can't get credit for both?  That doesn't seem right, but leaving that aside, how does the game decide WHICH of the two criteria you get credit for?  Just curious.

Members
1,581 posts
24,995 battles

It seems to me that the post-battle screen indicators are not properly recording progress, but if you go to the actual combat mission reports, the number there are good.

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
5 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

Has anyone figured out exactly how the new either/or missions work?  It SEEMS obvious to me, but I've concluded that I really don't know how they work.  

Here's an example.  One of the current missions required that you either earn 100K FXP OR cause 1.25M damage.  Either condition can be fulfilled using any T5+ ship.  So I go out in a random battle, in a ship (and battle type) that qualifies.  I do some damage, and I earn some FXP.  But, after the battle, I look at the mission and I see that I've gotten credit for the FXP I earned, but have not gotten ANY credit for the damage I did.  I tried this 3 times this morning, with the same result each time.

Apparently, you can't get credit for both?  That doesn't seem right, but leaving that aside, how does the game decide WHICH of the two criteria you get credit for?  Just curious.

OR missions means, you finish one of the two offered objectives and you finish the mission...

It doesn't matter which one you finish as long as you finish one of the two objective.. Its done you get rewarded and it counts toward your total.

Edited by Navalpride33

[FGNE]
Members
959 posts
4,568 battles

You do get credit for both, but I have noticed a bug in the post-battle result screen where only one of the conditions is taken into account.

But if you do check the same mission in the mission-page in the port screen both results will be shown.

The above doesn’t happen for all OR missions.

Edited by CO_Valle

[OIL-1]
Members
1,245 posts

2.6M dmg. BB ONLY.
          OR
15 Medals. BB ONLY. RANDOM ONLY.

Had 820k dmg.
Ran a battle. Got 160k dmg and 4 medals.
Got credit for the 4 medals, but not the damage.

Checked the mission page. Not there.
Ran another battle. Got credit for it, but never did for that medals battle.

It's 'possible' it could show up a day later. I've seen that a lot in Fartnite. But never in this game.

Edited by z9_

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,755 battles
27 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

You do get credit for both, but I have noticed a bug in the post-battle result screen where only one of the conditions is taken into account.

But if you do check the same mission in the mission-page in the port screen both results will be shown.

The above doesn’t happen for all OR missions.

By golly, I just checked both places, and it looks like you are right.  Only shows credit for one condition on the post-battle screen, but if you go to the missions in port, it shows credit for both.  I didn't check the totals to make sure they are calculation correctly, but at least there's something there.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,715 posts
4,630 battles
39 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

in a ship (and battle type) that qualifies. 

From what I hear, the either/or missions are intended to make the mission accessible to those who play in different battle modes.  E.g. getting 1000 BXP is a lot more time-consuming in Co-op than in Random.  Try playing in Co-op and see if the damage registers for the OR condition.

10 minutes ago, z9_ said:

Ran a battle. Got 160k dmg and 4 medals.
Got credit for the 4 medals, but not the damage.

Ran a battle in what mode?  Apparently Random or the medals wouldn't have counted.  Try Co-op (or Scenarios) and see if the damage registers.

Edited by iDuckman

[SALVO]
Members
4,322 posts
3,760 battles
54 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

As far as I know, the ships/class/nation requirements are different for either of the options, usually is by nation restriction. I've never seen one where you could complete both options with the same ship.

• Cool 2

[OIL-1]
Members
1,245 posts
16 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Ran a battle in what mode? 

Random. Was multitasking with Will To Win campaign mission 4.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,861 posts

I didn't even try to figure out how this one happened ... :Smile_sceptic:

4Missions.jpg

[REVY]
Members
2,272 posts
12,190 battles
2 hours ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

Double check the requirement for the Mission from the main Task/Mission page.

The mission requirements differ in several for the Class of ship and even Tier.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
5 hours ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

There is a bug in this particular task. The post-battle result screen is borked and will not show the damage. I had that this morning.

That is, until I actually got the full 1.25M damage. Then it showed all of it. LOL.