You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
uScooter

Kamikaze / Fujin - any way to get one?

63 comments in this topic

[ALL41]
[ALL41]
Members
150 posts
11,622 battles

I really like playing the Minekaze and the only thing comparable in a premium ship is the Kamikaze or Fujin. It there anyway to get either of these two ships?

I started playing just as the "Pearl" contest was wrapping up so I missed the chance at getting a Kamikaze R but I have always wanted one.

Thanks

[WOLFG]
Members
8,873 posts
7,368 battles

Right now, the only way to get one is to heavily invest in Christmas crates.

[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,806 battles
6 minutes ago, uScooter said:

I really like playing the Minekaze and the only thing comparable in a premium ship is the Kamikaze or Fujin. It there anyway to get either of these two ships?

I started playing just as the "Pearl" contest was wrapping up so I missed the chance at getting a Kamikaze R but I have always wanted one.

Thanks

Santa crates and fundraisers... If I were you and you really want a rare ship... I would advocate it be in a fundraiser... Many people got their MO and Kami that way...

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLF3]
Members
25,755 posts
22,652 battles
6 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Right now, the only way to get one is to heavily invest in Christmas crates.

It has to be stressed that you can dump lots of money into those Christmas Crates, if you are after a specific ship, don't be surprised if you don't get what you want.  I still remember people bought a bunch of them wanting Missouri.  Some got lucky.  Others had threads crying about how they spent hundreds of dollars and not get her.

The funny part is I've seen this happen in other games as well.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFG]
Members
8,873 posts
7,368 battles
23 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It has to be stressed that you can dump lots of money into those Christmas Crates, if you are after a specific ship, don't be surprised if you don't get what you want.  I still remember people bought a bunch of them wanting Missouri.  Some got lucky.  Others had threads crying about they spent hundreds of dollars and not get her.

I bolded heavily for a reason.

Edit:  I should mention I don't buy Christmas crates.

Edited by DrHolmes52

[KWF]
Members
4,190 posts
6,355 battles

Though not a premium, I can recommend Shenyang, a Minekaze with US guns and deep water torps that sits at tier IV.

Members
1,489 posts
23,692 battles
11 minutes ago, uScooter said:

... the Kamikaze ... It there anyway to get either of these two ships?

I missed the chance at getting a Kamikaze R but I have always wanted one.

Thanks

<works for any DD!>

Just purpose to ram any boat you encounter.

There.

You're in a Kamikaze.

You're welcome.

:)

• Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[RCNW3]
Beta Testers
3,066 posts
25,311 battles
12 minutes ago, uScooter said:

Thanks

NOT FOR SALE  ! ! !  

[ALL41]
[ALL41]
Members
150 posts
11,622 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It has to be stressed that you can dump lots of money into those Christmas Crates, if you are after a specific ship, don't be surprised if you don't get what you want.  I still remember people bought a bunch of them wanting Missouri.  Some got lucky.  Others had threads crying about how they spent hundreds of dollars and not get her.

The funny part is I've seen this happen in other games as well.

I get it and that's not going to happen here.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
3,713 posts
3,936 battles

Nope. Kami is pretty much broken OP. So I doubt WG will sell it directly again. Fujin isn't quite on the same level, but still pretty good. As others have said, the only way is probably Christmas crates (as they haven't announced anything we can only assume based on previous years). But again, you need to spend A LOT of money to guarantee one. Hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars if you want to guarantee a particular ship. Probably not worth it, but people have done it (usually for Missouri). But even that isn't available right now.

• Confused 3

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,488 posts
11,390 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

Nope. Kami is pretty much broken OP. So I doubt WG will sell it directly again. Fujin isn't quite on the same level, but still pretty good. As others have said, the only way is probably Christmas crates (as they haven't announced anything we can only assume based on previous years). But again, you need to spend A LOT of money to guarantee one. Hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars if you want to guarantee a particular ship. Probably not worth it, but people have done it (usually for Missouri). But even that isn't available right now.

Fujin and Kam R are the same boats.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,755 posts
22,652 battles
5 minutes ago, uScooter said:

I get it and that's not going to happen here.

If you're curious to see how last Christmas crates went, here's December 2019's.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/time-of-gifts/

The winners!

source.gif

... And the losers!

I9CG.gifgiphy.gifActiveCoarseHyrax-size_restricted.gif

:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF5]
Supertester
3,713 posts
3,936 battles
4 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

Fujin and Kam R are the same boats.

Huh, I knew they were similar but assumed Fujin had a couple small differences. Didn't realize it was Kami in a Halloween camo. Well learn something new everyday.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,755 posts
22,652 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

Huh, I knew they were similar but assumed Fujin had a couple small differences. Didn't realize it was Kami in a Halloween camo. Well learn something new everyday.

The funny story with Fujin and the Kamikaze-clones was that when first released, not many cared about them.

"I got Minekaze and she absolutely rocks.  Why would I need to pay for similar Premium clones?"

IJN DDs were at the peak of their power in that era.  The future was bright.  IMO, not many people went for these Premiums.

But then came the torpedo and Tech Tree IJN DD nerfs.  Fujin and Kamikaze are what IJN DDs used to be.  Now all the sudden they were prized Premiums, and when WG put them on sale again long after the nerfs, a bunch of guys jumped on them.

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
3,713 posts
3,936 battles
12 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The funny story with Fujin and the Kamikaze-clones was that when first released, not many cared about them.

"I got Minekaze and she absolutely rocks.  Why would I need to pay for similar Premium clones?"

IJN DDs were at the peak of their power in that era.  The future was bright.  IMO, not many people went for these Premiums.

But then came the torpedo and Tech Tree IJN DD nerfs.  Fujin and Kamikaze are what IJN DDs used to be.  Now all the sudden they were prized Premiums, and when WG put them on sale again long after the nerfs, a bunch of guys jumped on them.

Yeah, they were in their heyday just as I started. The IJN DDs were actually scary, those little monsters would just torp you to death. And yeah, Kami was considered a fun little premium, WG even gave it away in an event:Smile_teethhappy:. Sometimes I forget how much the game has changed in my four years of playing...

[-K-]
Members
8,189 posts
13,489 battles
18 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Yep.  

Remember when Minekaze was the 10km torp monster at T5 and made Kamikaze R look tame?

[WOLF3]
Members
25,755 posts
22,652 battles
15 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, they were in their heyday just as I started. The IJN DDs were actually scary, those little monsters would just torp you to death. And yeah, Kami was considered a fun little premium, WG even gave it away in an event:Smile_teethhappy:. Sometimes I forget how much the game has changed in my four years of playing...

13 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Yep.  

Remember when Minekaze was the 10km torp monster at T5 and made Kamikaze R look tame?

IJN DDs were absolute beasts in those days.

I remember I was sunk in a match and I spectated this Tier VIII Fubuki player on my team who was doing very well.  Very late in the game, he spotted this lone BB at long range.  They were both sailing parralel to each other.  The Fubuki player fired all 3 launchers at long range.

Me:  "Hey Fubuki, is that wise doing long range drops?  Isn't that a low chance to hit?"

Him:  (Because it was going to take long for the torps to arrive) "No it's good.  The BB player thinks he's alone and he's rushing to join his team further down.  If anything he's sailing straight at a constant speed, making him an easy target."

Sure enough, I watched his torps take forever and the BB player never changed course, never altered speed.  You can see when the BB player spotted the torps and tried to evade, but it was way too late.  The detection was a lot better for IJN DD torps in those days.  The BB had pretty high HP levels but Fubuki scored an insane amount of hits.  BB ded.

Watching that happen was the single biggest lesson for me about sailing when torpedo threats are around.  Most especially since the BB player thought he was safe because he was not in a zone where there was fighting.

However, I still recall grinding old Tier VI Mutsuki and it sucked even in the IJN DD glory days.  Her torpedo range was worse than her concealment range.  The only stealth torping you could do was kiting.

I still remember Triple Shima Divisions were a thing.  Radar was also very rare back then.  Des Moines, Atlanta for example didn't have Radar.  Then again, RTS CVs were IMO, at the peak of their power, especially in 2015.  I still recall 3 TB (12 TBs max), 3 DB (12-15 DBs) Hiryu, Shokaku in Tier VII & VIII, and these were tech tree CVs.

2015-2016 were some crazy years in this game.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[TNG-2]
Members
197 posts
13,994 battles

Christmas crates... but if you want to guarantee getting them, you need to go after ALL the premium ships on offer in the crates.  If you buy the most expensive bundle (the $100 bundle), I averaged between 4 and 5 premium ships in the $100 buy.  Again, the computer algorithm is designed to give you the lower tier premiums and less desirable ones first... so Missouri, Musashi, Kamikaze, etc. (ships not sold anymore) will usually be the last ones you get as re-rolls to replace the ship you won, but already own.  I was able to get Fujin and Kamikaze last Christmas doing exactly this, I only had 4 premiums that I didn't own and none of them were for sale anymore, got all 4 with a single $100 purchase.

• Cool 1

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
71 posts
3,897 battles

I've met a guy with like 16k battles in his Fujin...

• Funny 2

[GLF]
Members
958 posts
15,350 battles

They're not worth even $30 in today's game imo.  They can still play that fun game from the past, but you only get away with it about 20% of the time.  Once you score a few kills, 2 CVs just decide your time in the match is over and autodelete you with a few clicks for playing too well (if they even let you start playing to begin with).   

Honestly, if you really want to play the way that Kami clones play/played... just go get t-61.  Its every bit as good except that you have 2 launchers instead of 3, plus you get the guns and hydro, etc.   You're not missing much.  Playing T5 anything pretty much sucks now, let alone DD.   T-61 at least has a decent chance it will only see one carrier.  Same rules apply though.  Play too well, you are removed from the match.   

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
3,977 posts
16,910 battles
2 hours ago, uScooter said:

Thanks

I have suggested to @Hapa_Fodder and other CM's that we have a Dockyard !!!  Why not be able to select a "retired" ship and have a "canned" Campaign to build that ship !  That it would take spending some doubloons and a "Lot of Time" to grind through to get that ship you've chosen to build.   NOTE: if I were running this novel idea, if you start the "Build a Ship" concept and another event uses the Dockyard, you can't participate.....One or the other....

This concept does several things:  allows new players an opportunity to access retired ships older players actually "bought"'; it serves that community that are collectors by giving them an option to add those unique ships to their collections: and, it just makes sense to allow new players the opportunity to invest in a ship and the game....  This is a pretty simple sales concept and this corporation already has several campaigns in the game so, it wouldn't take too much to add this option......and, the rewards are more players inventing the time and money in the game !!!  A win-win.

Come on Hapa, throw us a bone !!!

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,707 posts
5,281 battles
35 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

They're not worth even $30 in today's game imo.  They can still play that fun game from the past, but you only get away with it about 20% of the time.  Once you score a few kills, 2 CVs just decide your time in the match is over and autodelete you with a few clicks for playing too well (if they even let you start playing to begin with).   

The rework kept the Kami in check for a time but......if the air spotting reduction goes live...

[DDMAF]
Members
2,823 posts
16,146 battles

Buy an account from a re-roller.

[-K-]
Members
8,189 posts
13,489 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

2015-2016 were some crazy years in this game.

Remember when Fusos were forced to fight against T10s?

[WOLFG]
Members
8,873 posts
7,368 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Remember when Fusos were forced to fight against T10s?

Some one brought a fail division in to T9 yesterday in coop.

Neither the red bot nor the green human lasted long. :Smile_hiding: