You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CptRemy

Do CV players have issues with people enjoying themselves

161 comments in this topic

[L_O_L]
Members
158 posts
6,584 battles

Update   It seems most people, based on the small group that answered here, play CVs for the enjoyment of it just like I do with BBs, DDs, and CAs. See you out there.  Thank you for chiming in and contributing, even those who roasted me! No worries, I'm a Vet, so I have thick skin. Roast away!

No, seriously.

Last night I was in a match and had 4 tier 8 CVs. I was in the tier 8 French CA with DFAA and fighter planes, but that didn’t matter, they both targeted me and I was dodging and weaving the whole match.

In the end one dropped torps at me while the other finished me off with rocket plane attacks at the same time.  Then they both moved on to the next victim.
I want to first apologize because I lost my temper and said some bad words in chat. I like to use chat for helping the team and helping players if they’re still learning the game, but despise when players use it to rage. Yet, I lost my cool and raged on there, I’m sorry.

This brings me to the question I have.
Do CV players play these ships to grieve other players because they find it fun?
If so, do they have real life issues. Is there something that happened in your life and now you have to take it out on people that are enjoying themselves? 

Does it bother them when they see other people having fun and they feel this urge to take their disgust out on these good people?

Or am I overreacting here?

I have a CV that I only play in coop and Scenarios because I don’t want to grieve players.
Its a game, it should be entertaining and enjoyable.

TLDR: So, I’m curious, do you play CVs solely to grieve other players that just want to have fun?

Or do you seriously feel that everyone is enjoying themselves  while getting attacked by planes nonstop?

It’s possible I’m only talking out of my behind, if so disregard this post:Smile_sad:

Edited by CptRemy
  • Cool 15
  • Funny 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 8
  • Meh 15

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,373 posts
5,289 battles

image.thumb.png.efbb143c6dcb12adeb703565359e54b8.png

That is your problem right there, you don't understand how they work. 

Play the CV in mains and you will understand things a bit more. Two tier 8 CV is very very very rare, more so rare when the CV's decide to work together as one. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 7

[LRT]
Members
56 posts
7,213 battles

I play all classes of ships, CV to have fun playing the game just like the other ships.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,205 posts
5,975 battles

Funny how It seem OK to blame players for a game mechanic that does not please them personally, especially when they knew exactly what they were getting in to when they pressed the "battle" button.  .....  I mean, Damm them for playing the game exactly as it was meant to be played by it's creators?     

• Cool 4
  • Meh 10

[SEALZ]
Members
840 posts
7,931 battles

Let’s be honest: you’d be just as miserable if you were being focused by two BBs or two CAs. 

I don’t play CVs to grief, I play them to give my team a fighting chance. Too many times do I see a CV misplayed. Too many times do I see a ship leave with 83 HP and return with 20k HP. A well played CV is a boon and a well played CV should be appreciated.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[O7]
Members
958 posts
3,864 battles
24 minutes ago, CptRemy said:

Do CV players play these ships to grieve other players because they find it fun?
If so, do they have real life issues. Is there something that happened in your life and now you have to take it out on people that are enjoying themselves? 

Does it bother them when they see other people having fun and they feel this urge to take their disgust out on these good people?

Or am I overreacting here?

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

• Cool 11
  • Funny 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 15

[SYN]
Members
15,729 posts
12,778 battles
4 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Let’s be honest: you’d be just as miserable if you were being focused by two BBs or two CAs. 

There is a difference though.

You can disengage from BBs and CAs by maintaining a safe distance and going dark. i.e. play smart
You would have literally had to have put yourself in a 2vs1 situation to begin with, i.e. poor positioning, to be continuously hammered by more than one gun ship.

Where as a CV will strike pretty much where they please.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3

[MIA-I]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
1,330 posts
14,260 battles

OK, given that we don't normally allow discussion on the subject of actual griefing (playing a CV in randoms does not rise to that level), I was of a mind to lock this topic, but some of the comments seem to be constructive, so I'll leave it here for the time being. Keep to the rules, and have a nice discussion without personal attacks etc, and we can have nice things, M'Kay?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Meh 2

[--V--]
Members
1,296 posts
13,072 battles

Its no secret I loathe CVs following the CV rework.  For many, many reasons.   But I too had a 2 CV match at T8 several months ago.  I think I was in my Indy, but she wasn't spec'd out for AA.   I voiced my displeasure at facing 2 CVs in Chat.  So they both targeted me.  The entire, effing match. 

In chat I kept verbally assaulting their life choices, cars they drove,, anything I could think of to insult them.  They kept firing back telling me how I was bringing this punishment on myself.  Again and again,,, wave after wave,,,,,, they couldn't finish me off.    They barely scratched me.  I shot down like 90 to 100 or so planes.   I didn't really leave spawn cause I was just turning circles to dodge the endless waves of unlimited planes.   We won the match.

The only 2 CV match I've ever enjoyed.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
35 minutes ago, CptRemy said:

Is there something that happened in your life and now you have to take it out on people that are enjoying themselves? 

you mean like youre doing with this post?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

[SEALZ]
Members
840 posts
7,931 battles
11 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

There is a difference though.

You can disengage from BBs and CAs by maintaining a safe distance and going dark. i.e. play smart
You would have literally had to have put yourself in a 2vs1 situation to begin with, i.e. poor positioning, to be continuously hammered by more than one gun ship.

Where as a CV will strike pretty much where they please.

You must not be familiar with HE ships nowadays that can hit you from 19km +. Besides combat ranges nowadays are closer to 13km than 7 km.

• Boring 1

Members
256 posts
15,691 battles
25 minutes ago, CptRemy said:

TLDR: So, I’m curious, do you play CVs solely to grieve other players that just want to have fun?

Or do you seriously feel that everyone is enjoying themselves  while getting attacked by planes nonstop?

Are you enjoying yourself while getting focused down by HE spam? Or deleted by AP? Torped by some invisible dd?

Wait - now someone is going to pipe up about how you can counter play all of those with positioning, how you can fight back. I invite you to go drive a CV for a few dozen games up at tier 8. See just how effective you are throwing planes away against an enemy that is smart about their positioning. Because I can guarantee you - those CVs weren’t focusing you because they wanted to ruin your fun. They focused you because you were off, alone. Just like BBs would focus you if you give them a broadside, just like HE spammers would focus you if you DCP for a single fire, just like dds would punish you for sailing in a straight line or without a screen.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[-K-]
Members
8,189 posts
13,489 battles

The title can be completely interchanged with "Smolensk" instead of "CV" and you'll still find a bit of truth there.

It's not a players fault for using a tool WG provides them with.

However, it doesn't mean that these tools are necessarily fun to play against.

• Cool 5

[SEALZ]
Members
840 posts
7,931 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

The title can be completely interchanged with "Smolensk" instead of "CV" and you'll still find a bit of truth there.

It's not a players fault for using a tool WG provides them with.

However, it doesn't mean that these tools are necessarily fun to play against.

Imo there is a slight, and I mean slight, difference being that the Smolensk has a lower skill floor than a CV, whereas there’s a higher skill ceiling for a CV than a Smolensk. Meaning, a unicum cv player is going to swing a game harder than a unicum Smolensk player, but a Smolensk is much easier to “play” than a cv.

[-K-]
Members
8,189 posts
13,489 battles
1 minute ago, Usedcarjock said:

Imo there is a slight, and I mean slight, difference being that the Smolensk has a lower skill floor than a CV, whereas there’s a higher skill ceiling for a CV than a Smolensk. Meaning, a unicum cv player is going to swing a game harder than a unicum Smolensk player, but a Smolensk is much easier to “play” than a cv.

Agreed.

But both are the epitomy of ships that aren't fun to play against. 

Subs will likely fall into that same category as well.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,552 posts
10,372 battles

Most CV players don't play to intentionally grief others.  Some do, but most don't.  Many do play them because they like being the "alpha" player on the team, and CVs have that association because of their strength in the game.  Many players use them because they can be good or poor, and still last the entire game.  Their own incompetence has no bearing on whether they get killed or not, early in the game.

Players want to be a part of the game and many will play any ship that is deemed to be more powerful than the next.  If you put a floating block of wood in the game and made it more powerful than most ships, then many players would use it.  

I play with a couple of players that will switch out to CV when they have a few games where they get targeted by a CV and can't defend themselves.  They are good CV players, so any time that happens, it makes it bad for the other team.  They prefer regular ships, but sometimes they just get so PO'd at the game mechanics that they switch to the dark side just to regain some wins and some sanity.

• Cool 2

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,269 battles

These reworked CV players are just using an EXPLOIT that War Failing allows.

Why not play a ship class that can easily survive to the end of the battle barely getting damages (usually) all the while racking up damage & sinkings.

Easy, peasy. Rinse & Repeat.

Not only has the CV rework wreaked CVs, it's wreaked the game, especially for DDs but also for BBs & Cruisers.

Look how CVs ruin T4 play & ofc how WF has now made  low tier random battles just kindergarten co--op now.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 6

[SEALZ]
Members
840 posts
7,931 battles
3 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Most CV players don't play to intentionally grief others.  Some do, but most don't.  Many do play them because they like being the "alpha" player on the team, and CVs have that association because of their strength in the game.  Many players use them because they can be good or poor, and still last the entire game.  Their own incompetence has no bearing on whether they get killed or not, early in the game.

Players want to be a part of the game and many will play any ship that is deemed to be more powerful than the next.  If you put a floating block of wood in the game and made it more powerful than most ships, then many players would use it.  

I play with a couple of players that will switch out to CV when they have a few games where they get targeted by a CV and can't defend themselves.  They are good CV players, so any time that happens, it makes it bad for the other team.  They prefer regular ships, but sometimes they just get so PO'd at the game mechanics that they switch to the dark side just to regain some wins and some sanity.

Are you describing me? Lol

When I’m feeling tilt and I can’t get a team to win by any other means, I go Enterprise or Lexington and FORCE the win. 

[L_O_L]
Members
158 posts
6,584 battles
35 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

I don’t play CVs to grief, I play them to give my team a fighting chance. Too many times do I see a CV misplayed. Too many times do I see a ship leave with 83 HP and return with 20k HP. A well played CV is a boon and a well played CV should be appreciated.

You bring up all good points, thanks.

See you out there.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
4,190 posts
6,355 battles

I wouldn't blame the players that much to be honest.

If WG considers the existing ecosystem good for everyone, then everything goes. 

• Cool 2

[L_O_L]
Members
158 posts
6,584 battles
6 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Very good post and yes I can agree with this. 

[WOLFC]
Members
1,837 posts
9,540 battles
1 minute ago, Usedcarjock said:

Are you describing me? Lol

When I’m feeling tilt and I can’t get a team to win by any other means, I go Enterprise or Lexington and FORCE the win. 

Do the same thing..... in my Asashio.  (the original "You just bought this to grief me!" machine)

Which brings up a point

There is a missing pronoun when people accuse others of griefing.

Its the word "me"

Most of us just get on with getting on in this game.  Seems a few people in here don't like having a counter to their particular play style.

• Cool 1

[L_O_L]
Members
158 posts
6,584 battles
18 minutes ago, Dareios said:

you mean like youre doing with this post?

I’m now confused. Elaborate please.

• Confused 1

[L_O_L]
Members
158 posts
6,584 battles
47 minutes ago, Hel_Diver142 said:

I play all classes of ships, CV to have fun playing the game just like the other ships.

Roger that!

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,318 posts
22,906 battles
7 minutes ago, Murcc said:

I tend to jump in CV when I'm having bad games because of bad teams. 

If my entire team wants to huddle in J10 on the map or never leave their spawning point, I still get to play the game aggressively. I dont have to be restricted by my teams poor strategic or tactical knowledge. If my team wants to lemming train to A cap and leave B/C caps completely undefended I can still have an an impact on those caps and the enemies flanking maneuvers without throwing my ship away.

I also enjoy the faster pace and more supportive role of gameplay sometimes.