You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RonJamesDio

Do you stay and watch the after battle?

25 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
120 posts
3,336 battles

As the title says. Do you watch the after battle action once you are dead? They say that it gives you a chance to learn from more skilled opponents than yourself. Do you folks find it helpful or do you skip right to the next battle?

Sometimes what I see frustrates me, I won't lie, but I have seens some excellent players carry in certain ships and have learned a lot in that sense

Edited by RonJamesDio
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,478 posts
3,171 battles

I do.  Particularly  the close matches. It helps give some perspective  on what my role  in the fight way.

For example, i have on a few occasions, while  in a cruiser, was taking fire from a battleship or two after particularly drawn out fights, i finaly die, see  what happens after.  Once i saw a battleship  who thought he was secure  in his position, suddely take a big hit to their braodside  after   i had died. I dont nessesarily  know yow helpful those monents are, but they are interesting.

Members
1,607 posts
34,031 battles

Yes, early on I did it. I highly recommend it. You can learn a lot.

These days I usually exit after sunk. But if I see someone interesting, then I will stick around. It's rare for players to ask you to stay on and help them. I think I can only count on one hand how many times.

• Cool 2

[PHD]
Members
111 posts
9,454 battles

Usually, unless I'm trying to squeeze in one more battle before my premium time expires.

Mostly I watch the battle, but sometimes I'll just wander around the map and look at the scenery.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,189 posts
13,489 battles

Only if it's close and/or something exciting is happening.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,620 posts
17,950 battles
2 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

These days I usually exit after sunk. But if I see someone interesting, then I will stick around.

This, basically.

Members
4,324 posts
9,311 battles
2 hours ago, RonJamesDio said:

Do you stay and watch the after battle?

By RonJamesDio,

As the title says. Do you watch the after battle actoin once you are dead? They say that it gives you a chance to learn from more skilled opponenta than yourseof. Do you folks find it helpful or do you skil right to the next battle?

Sometimes what I see frustrates me, I won't lie, but I have seens some excellent players carry in certain ships and have learned a lot in that sense

Most of the time, yes. 

There are some fun opportunities for chat with stalwart allies & worthy adversaries.
And there are some opportunities to enjoy the view and explore the ships and islands and other details that we don't have time to notice while actively maneuvering and launching ordnance.

But, there are times I am disinclined to hang around and watch what isn't gonna end well, and my time would be better spent by earning XP & credits in another match.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,579 posts
33,841 battles

Only if it is close and something interesting going on.

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
292 posts
10,872 battles

Almost always.  Its interesting to see how the teams work against each other.  Also, act a cheerleader.

[TASC]
Members
391 posts
9,332 battles

i did for a long while as it helped me learn what people did to stay alive longer. 

i also would go look at the islands to see if there were any hidden things on them that the map maker added. 

now it depends, i still look over the map as they are very well done and try to help out , but with so many grinding missions and having a short time to play i have to bail and start a new game hoping my team can win despite me being a part of the team. lol 

[_BDA_]
Members
229 posts
3,865 battles

I mostly play co-op and if the battle is bot heavy I sometimes stick around to watch.  I've noticed that if I'm the last player sunk and there are nothing but bots remaining, even if the red team is heavily behind on points, if I log out the game is declared a draw.  Draws don't pay out in the daily missions.

If you continue to watch those draws can become wins.

Edited by michael_zahnle
I just thought of something else...
  • Cool 1

Members
2,898 posts
5,580 battles

I do if it's close and an interesting game in ranked or randoms, or if I'm in co-op and there are only a couple human players, since if you leave a co-op game early and no human players are left, the server calls it a draw and you get no credit in daily missions for the XP.

[L_O_L]
Members
152 posts
6,578 battles
5 hours ago, RonJamesDio said:

As the title says. Do you watch the after battle actoin once you are dead? They say that it gives you a chance to learn from more skilled opponenta than yourseof. Do you folks find it helpful or do you skil right to the next battle?

Yes, especially if I see a player that is having an excellent game, I will ride along and try to learn.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,688 posts
17,494 battles

I do about half the time.  Most importantly, I like to give a final intel message to the team to help if possible.  For example, I was flanked by a deep end around DD last night.  It was on the edge of the board, and I pretty much knew the block he was in from the torp spread.  Took me out.  But I came up in chat designating the box where the DD was located.  Intel like that gets stale quickly, but it was a close game and that DD was way off on the edge.  A friendly cruiser used the information to advantage. 

[WOLF5]
Members
913 posts
8,069 battles

Occasionally....I sometimes watch to see if a ship I had set ablaze or that is flooding may actually sink. Of course, I also get silently frustrated when after a close-fought individual or small group battle where we really could have used some help to then see a virtually full health Alabama to come slowly sailing around a far away island to maybe choose to fire a salvo or two....

[PEEDZ]
Members
992 posts
7,972 battles

only if there is something interesting going on and is actually a close match going down to the wire.

I usually exit the match to not be toxic, as I witness a lot of dumb plays after I die with the spectator cam. People showing broadside in tier 10s makes me the most triggered and also when your team doesn't realize they won but tries to win harder and actually ends up throwing the match. But most of the time its CV vs CV which is as interesting watching 2 tortoises fight each other. and I usually quit the battle because I'm angry at myself at getting killed by making a bad decision. 

[KAPPA]
Members
3,036 posts
7,803 battles

I spam my scroll wheel from island to island as if jumping. It's a fun thing to do while I wait for my ship, as I usually play just one ship.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,036 posts
7,803 battles
4 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I do if it's close and an interesting game in ranked or randoms, or if I'm in co-op and there are only a couple human players, since if you leave a co-op game early and no human players are left, the server calls it a draw and you get no credit in daily missions for the XP.

Glad I'm not the only one to do this!

[GLF]
Members
958 posts
15,343 battles
3 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I like to give a final intel message to the team to help if possible.

Is it anything like a Jerry Springer Final Thought? 

$value?ImageId='1193917'&EntityType='Ite

[SLDS]
Members
801 posts
6,064 battles
9 hours ago, RonJamesDio said:

As the title says. Do you watch the after battle action once you are dead? They say that it gives you a chance to learn from more skilled opponents than yourself. Do you folks find it helpful or do you skip right to the next battle?

Yes - almost all the time.  I tend to run around trying to scout for my team as well and trying to give some commentary in case my team's survivors start getting tunnel vision and losing SA.

Members
596 posts
5,440 battles

Depends.  If I am grinding a specific ship I will usually wait around for the end so I can get into another game with that ship.  Also, if I feel like I can be helpful after dying I will try to offer suggestions or intel.  Not always well received, but I figure it can't hurt to offer.  Sometimes I will just watch because its a close match, or I want to watch a specific player, etc.  If none of the above are true, on to the next ship.

[O2]
Members
187 posts

I do if it's close. And I am one of those smart Monday morning QB's giving my expert advises as well.

[A-O]
Members
915 posts
9,636 battles

I usually hang around. To learn, to check islands for easter eggs and maybe to give tips from a pilots eye view on a beached red ship.

I learned a lot about turret management in BBs that way. Many a time i followed a high tier (i.e. experienced?) BB around only to see him again and again fire only secondaries because his turrets where in the wrong position. As a result i pick a target map location to drive to, estimate where the reds are likely going to be and start turning the turrets before hitting wwww, Most of the time i arrive at destination and the turrets are in position to unload the first salvo :-)