Hapa_Fodder

Recruit Your Friends Day - Win USS Missouri

35 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,905 posts
13,343 battles

Share your passion with friends, show them around in World of Warships, and earn bonuses!

Read it on the portal
  • Meh 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,655 posts
17,988 battles

Does this mean I'd need to have friends?

• Cool 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
863 posts
16,638 battles

I did the last recruit a friend and the people I invited all quit once they ran into carriers.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[GROVE]
Members
22 posts
2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Share your passion with friends, show them around in World of Warships, and earn bonuses!

Read it on the portal

one spending a lot of real money to get a "rare ship" and then wargaming-wows is giving away the ships for free, I plan not to play this game anymore, it is unfair, random, with much respect, greetings.

• Meh 1

[IJN]
Members
116 posts
1,464 battles

I'd participate but my only recruit dipped out after a month of playing so oh well. I expect the Missouri will go to someone with like 100 recruits but that person also probably already has the Mighty Mo :cap_like:. Hope the person who get's these ships actually doesn't have them!

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
620 posts

All my recruits left because the PvE options are limited.

• Thanks 2

[TAZ]
Members
680 posts
1 hour ago, Shark_Silent1 said:

one spending a lot of real money to get a "rare ship" and then wargaming-wows is giving away the ships for free, I plan not to play this game anymore, it is unfair, random, with much respect, greetings.

Sooooo, WG is now giving high tier ships (Missouri, Jean Bart, Tirpitz)away to NEW players who don't know how the use them , when the fleet complains about players NOT knowing how to play the game at tier IX and X.  Further like the OP stated we had to pay real money for those ships  

• Confused 2

[MR-1]
Members
902 posts
17,272 battles

at 55 its hard to get my friends  into WOW  im single they have families  . wow must be desperate for players to keep this recrutment running  , some players left when the subs came some left before then  , others leave because of the PVE or matchmaking . and giving the chance to win a ship  that a lot of players bought with real money   makes more players think and realise your only in it for the money . WOW fix whats broken first  fix your matchmaking fix your cheating bots that reload everything quicker than players can   

the recruitment drive is a waste of time   theres probbly more players leaving than there is starting . fix all your screw ups first  

• Cool 3

Members
2,914 posts
5,646 battles

Maybe I should participate in this as a way to avenge myself on all my Facebook friends and relatives trying to sell me cookware, leggings, dietary supplements, essential oils, and exercise programs.

• Funny 4

[BB22]
Members
53 posts
11,105 battles

I am having trouble using the "Copy Link" on the recruiting page.  When I click the icon I get notification in the lower right corner "Link Copied".  However when I attempt to paste the link into a Discord message or e-mail nothing happens.  I am logged in to my Wargaming account when I attempt this procedure.  Help?

[KAPPA]
Members
3,037 posts
7,803 battles
5 hours ago, LaviKabos said:

I'd participate but my only recruit dipped out after a month of playing so oh well. I expect the Missouri will go to someone with like 100 recruits but that person also probably already has the Mighty Mo :cap_like:. Hope the person who get's these ships actually doesn't have them!

Yeah... the moment I saw it was a competition for a single Mo I just closed the tab. I already had Mo, but still, was curious if it was an actual event or not, and was not surprised to see it was an event for all of 10 people.

If they made it a hard reward for a massive number of recruit points, it'd actually work. Say... 100k of said points? High, yes. Very high, in fact. But it encourages this behavior in the long term, not just for an event. They could do this with all removed ships, even, with a container that gives a random one off the list! But, well... it's clear that they don't actually want people getting her.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

Members
8 posts
6,783 battles

@Hapa_Fodder

Is there any restriction on game mode for the base XP? Ex: randoms only, clan battles, operations, co-op, etc?

5 hours ago, LaviKabos said:

I expect the Missouri will go to someone with like 100 recruits but that person also probably already has the Mighty Mo

It does seem a little bit unfair when streamers and CC have a nearly insurmountable advantage over regular players with recruiting stations. 

Edited by Russian_BaLanSe

[-KA-]
Members
42 posts
3,518 battles

Thanks WG, way to go, missing the mark again.  How about rewarding your faithful customers - players that have been here, say a year, paid for premium time -- get a reward, bonus, etc.  No way in Hell I'm introducing fellow retired soldiers/friends, etc to this game.  The last one I got interested left after several miserable tier IV matches when he was constantly attacked by CVs with no way to defend and no fighter planes for a counter-air mission.  When will you admit you screwed up and change things?

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
109 posts
17,031 battles

I like my friends too much to have them play this pile

• Funny 2

[KILLU]
Members
23 posts
606 battles

This is atypical behavior of any game company that wants to boost account numbers without addressing the core issues that are causing players to quit playing the game to begin with.

The nonexistent customer support, zero refund policy, no new maps, very few if any at all new game modes, few PVE options, majority of game is PVP based but not advertised, majority of any content released are ships buyable with premium currency only, events like the shipbuilding event cannot be completed without spending premium currency, the easter egg event taking place well after easter and according to their rules any work submitted belongs to them, is credited to them and the creator will not receive compensation have all been factors plus many more that are the cause to the dissatisfaction the player base has with this game and is one major reason why until wargaming actually addresses these issues the player base will continue to decline as it has for quite some time now.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Beta Testers
7 posts
1,280 battles

You know, I was hoping to find questions and answers about the actual missing information - like whether they need to be new recruits or not, since the post only vaguely implies it; and what happens to returning players who haven't been added as shipmates yet.. but I guess I shouldn't be surprised to find people whining about carriers instead. (Next time, I recommend teaching your DD-playing friends how to turn off AA.)

[MR-1]
Members
902 posts
17,272 battles

they should be fixing there match making instead of pushing this recruitemt crap upon us again 

i mean T6 matched up with T8 ships  kinda unfair dont you think  

shot-20.07.20_20.36.14-0979.jpg

[KAI10]
Members
5 posts
2,101 battles

How can I keep up with friends and the mission grinds at the same time?! :cap_wander:

• Haha 1

[IRISH]
Members
20 posts
13,806 battles
2 minutes ago, Almega said:

How can I keep up with friends and the mission grinds at the same time?! :cap_wander:

That makes two of us!

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,034 posts
3,494 battles
1 hour ago, Almega said:

WG is catering to no-lifers, this game wasn't meant for normal people, apparently...Puerto Rico event should have been the big tip-off...

Edited by Bonfor
  • Cool 1

[EPC]
Members
12 posts
20,192 battles

fix stupid MM .... do something like skill base.... or something else... before you want to get someone new

Edited by Kinkytail
  • Cool 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,080 posts

Desperation sinks in... all the old timers have gone, I've hardly seen a Missy in as very long time... I suspect the owners have all left...

I wish WoWs would devote a greater energy in retaining the experienced players, but I get it... you made your money from them, you need fresh victims.

The problem with that is we will end up with new players who play no better than a bot ramming and torping (and firing on) the more experienced players causing them to leave....

Please consider retaining the experienced players as your top priority as well as fixing the numerous bugs in game, and keeping you current player base happier, you ignored them in the CV in clan battles debacle and the same thing looks to happen soon with the introduction of submarines. I was led to believe it would all be balanced and fixed BEFORE they are added to the actual game, but this is not what WoWs Facebook adverts are saying... a complete collection of lies designed to get people playing... how can we play them right "now" if the the testing event has ended?

The tactics being used to lure players into playing are ever so dishonest... so, they play, see no subs, leave.. what did you gain?

And now.... a bribe.... a Missouri... if you get 10,000 new players each spending $10 in the first day, at least, more if these inexperienced players buy a T10 ship... that is a lot of money....

Not everyone will win a Missy... will it cost you 10 ships?

Hardly fair.... if you said everyone bringing in 25 players wins one, then that at LEAST woud be fair... you are making money, REAL money from our friends.... who will end up hating us for enticing them to be a part of what is turning into a shamble of a game. You need to rethink your entire strategy with this, the first goal is KEEPING the players you have now...

This game is great.... of course, I cannot play anymore due to the cancer, and I miss it dearly... but players SHOULD come first... they should be SEEN as players... and not cash cows...

Then this game may not die because of simple greed... this whole recruitment thing smells of desperation and you are ignoring the the main reason this game suffers... the good players left a long time ago.

I'm sorry I said that, but from me, it NEEDED to be said.

[SCRUM]
Members
27 posts
525 battles
19 hours ago, 010_010 said:

This is atypical behavior of any game company that wants to boost account numbers without addressing the core issues that are causing players to quit playing the game to begin with.

The nonexistent customer support, zero refund policy, no new maps, very few if any at all new game modes, few PVE options, majority of game is PVP based but not advertised, majority of any content released are ships buyable with premium currency only, events like the shipbuilding event cannot be completed without spending premium currency, the easter egg event taking place well after easter and according to their rules any work submitted belongs to them, is credited to them and the creator will not receive compensation have all been factors plus many more that are the cause to the dissatisfaction the player base has with this game and is one major reason why until wargaming actually addresses these issues the player base will continue to decline as it has for quite some time now.

We don't need new maps, we need fewer GOOD maps, most maps are complete garbage and every tier you have different ones making it impossible for the casual player to learn them.