You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ITZ_ACE_BABY

exciting new clan battles meta with cv!

60 comments in this topic

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,804 battles

wargaming - ec4394602cc00e5169aa5b3a80c5fa42.png

very next clan battles - 

a08eb27a5434bc45fa3f1bbc0266a9ba.png

cv apologists - CV encourage new and exciting metas!

Kekw Bttv GIF - Kekw KEK Bttv GIFs

Edited by ITZ_ACE_BABY
  • Cool 18
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 9
  • Meh 2

[KSC]
Members
633 posts
9,476 battles
6 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

very next clan battles - 

How many clan battles have you participated in this season?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,804 battles
Just now, Ahskance said:

How many clan battles have you participated in this season?

zero, why would i voluntarily submit myself to that rubbish, if i play random battles i spend half my time dodging cv in queue.

i have watched vods before you ramble on about not experiencing it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 6

[KSC]
Members
633 posts
9,476 battles
1 minute ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

zero, why would i voluntarily submit myself to that rubbish, if i play random battles i spend half my time dodging cv in queue.

i have watched vods before you ramble on about not experiencing it.

As a member of the team that's 3rd in NA at the moment, having fought many of the other teams that are on top...  The "Stalingraf" meta isn't meta yet.

This weekend has yielded a large variety of comps across the regions, and people are still figuring out what to do.  Your post is disingenuous.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,444 posts
10,195 battles

And this folks is yet another reason why I haven't updated warships in 3 patches and counting.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,804 battles
5 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

As a member of the team that's 3rd in NA at the moment, having fought many of the other teams that are on top...  The "Stalingraf" meta isn't meta yet.

This weekend has yielded a large variety of comps across the regions, and people are still figuring out what to do.  Your post is disingenuous.

congratz on being 3rd on NA! your clan must be very happy.

i remember the same comments at the same time last clan battles season about only seeing stalin and venice and wow how that clan battles season changed into a mass of variety!

i have a decent amount of experience with high level competitive to understand how metas transition but your blind optimism is still as strong as ever i see.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

[KSC]
Members
633 posts
9,476 battles
5 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

<snip>

I'm NOT widely experienced with high-level competitive in this game, however I've been made aware that Stalingrad has long been a staple of said competitive scene.

I recall you making the Venezia choice out to be purely a CV-related awful, to which I replied that the Venezia gained prominence because of it's 10k+ volleys on Stalingrads.  Something which no cruiser could reliably achieve pre-Venezia.

Why you took issue with that, I don't know.

Edited by Ahskance

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,804 battles
1 minute ago, Ahskance said:

I'm NOT widely experienced with high-level competitive in this game, however I've been made aware that Stalingrad has long been a staple of said competitive scene.

I recall you making the Venezia choice out to be purely a CV-related awful, to which I replied that the Venezia gained prominence because of it's 10k+ volleys on Stalingrads.  Something which no cruiser could reliably achieve pre-Venezia.

yes venice counters stalin but venice was still meta even when stalins died out.

venice was the only cruiser with smoke to hide from cv because you cannot counter cv there fore it was meta.

i dont take issue to anything, i just find very outspoken people with low game knowledge comical.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[KSC]
Members
633 posts
9,476 battles
2 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

<snip>

If Stalingrad is countered by Venezia, Venezia is used.

If Venezia is countered by... what is Venezia countered by?  Battleships?  But CVs OP?

So... guess it's Venezia.  Lots of Venezia

This really isn't deep.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,804 battles
Just now, Ahskance said:

If Stalingrad is countered by Venezia, Venezia is used.

If Venezia is countered by... what is Venezia countered by?  Battleships?  But CVs OP?

So... guess it's Venezia.  Lots of Venezia

This really isn't deep.

more venice beats venice unless you take BB but then by taking bb you lose unlimited spotting and damage because cv lol and bb is just free damage so you have to sacrifice a venice for a halland to provide some resistance to planes nuking bb because cv lol then your team just gets out flanked because they have more venice.

this is pretty basic stuff its not deep at all give it a few more years in comp and you will nearly get close to everyone elses levels of experience and knowledge :)

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[KSC]
Members
633 posts
9,476 battles
1 minute ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

<snip>

"unlimited spotting and damage"?  Come on, dude.

Furthermore, if you fancy yourself competitive... and you find yourself in mirror matches... doesn't skill win?

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
2,989 posts
5,943 battles
2 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

"unlimited spotting and damage"?  Come on, dude.

Furthermore, if you fancy yourself competitive... and you find yourself in mirror matches... doesn't skill win?

CVs encourage you to indulge in lowest common denominator type strategies.  

RNG is a big factor at all skill levels but it plays a bigger factor the dumber the strategy.  Typically.

[O7]
Members
5,361 posts
11,868 battles
34 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Not widely experienced with high level competitive, but fit to challenge someone who's played high level competitive for 2 years about what venezia was brought for.

Probably best not to confuse being 3rd in a tier 6 clan battles season with a better competitive opinion or position. The TNG skill soup that relies on consolation prizes has not changed.

Venezia hurts everything, but it's concealment issues hold it back from the spam we saw. It fails against anything that outspots it and DMs in general, making it only useful for kiting flanks in a concealment (no cv) meta. It gained use when carriers eliminated concealment control problems, and it's smoke helped facilitate moving & capping at the same time or getting itself out of trouble/carrier harrass. Things that were important that all other cruisers lacked. It was also more resilient against AP bombs.

So please, you have no idea what you're talking about. Just stop.

Edited by Pulicat
  • Cool 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[5D]
Members
1,064 posts
13,533 battles

Graf spee comp is easy to beat , i love encountering these ...

[BONKS]
Members
1,470 posts
44 battles
53 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

This really isn't deep.

I truly isn't. E.g. when Venezia was used in community organized environments which banned CVs it... performed mediocre at best.

Oh, wait, could it just be that Venezia synergizes too well with CVs and that CVs are thus actually the issue? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[BONKS]
Members
692 posts
3,376 battles

The all Spee line up with CV is easy to beat. Not that I agree with CV's in CB's for the record. 

Members
246 posts
310 battles

This thread is funny.

I hadn't even realised another CB season had started. I'm pretty much done with it after giving CVs the benefit of the doubt last season, and we were #3 on EU (#10 Global) at some point, as if that means anything. But good on you for being #3 on NA in a season where the competition is decidedly easier than would otherwise be.

• Thanks 1

[TWFT]
Members
1,340 posts
37,328 battles

CV players are just those kids that got beat up in the third grade and now have found a way to hit back with out getting hurt.

Remember, WG dose not want good games or players having fun, they want addicts.

CV's in the game just gives low skilled players a way to be relevant.

WG could care less about anything else other then selling CV's

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[ALWC]
[ALWC]
Members
127 posts
5,407 battles

bring on the T7 and T9 CBs.... bored with Graf Spees already and its only week 1

[NG-NL]
Members
256 posts
9,141 battles
4 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

Unable to counter play an entire class of ships? ITZ_ACE_BABY, I never expected you to be on that end of "git gud". I hope the rest of 07 clan is performing at its usual top level of clan battles.

I'm having an absolute blast in this season! We often see carriers in Clan Battles (and often bring our own), but...well, we all play randoms. We know how to counterplay the basic ship classes. There are lots of Graf Spee, but I've been bringing Huanghe (no, seriously, stop laughing) and we're starting to see more of those. DDs haven't yet found their place this season, though T-61 seems the best of them. I think the meta is still settling.

Of course, just as in life, change rewards those who are most able to adapt. Real life has a lot of Suck right now. Whole careers are temporarily(?) dumped aside, businesses are shut, life savings running down. I'm in the US, and am damn lucky to still have health coverage. So maybe I'm a little extra motivated to prove that I can adapt, even if it's just in some stupid online game. Wow. Sometimes you learn about yourself as you write.

So, best wishes to all. May you find kindness in real life. May you stay safe. Cherish your friends and loved ones.
Hope to see you in Clan Battles!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
579 posts
7,301 battles

Seeing almost no battleships. Seeing a lot of Cvs and grafs at low level cbs. 

If they insist on cv, I wish they had two ship slots for bb/cv with a 1 cv cap. Just because it would open up options. 2bbs or 1 bb/cv.

This is one of my least enjoyable seasons,  and I think that would be different if you basically didn't have to plan on facing a cv every match. Removes a lot of ships as viable options.

[8492]
Members
474 posts
2,712 battles
7 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

very next clan battles - 

cv apologists - CV encourage new and exciting metas!

Kekw Bttv GIF - Kekw KEK Bttv GIFs

wargaming seems this and is like, how can we nerf the graf spee clearly the problem is the graf spee. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
28,891 posts
8,143 battles
3 hours ago, Turbotush said:

CV players are just those kids that got beat up in the third grade and now have found a way to hit back with out getting hurt.

Using that analogy, the anti-CV players are the bullies who beat up those kids, and are upset that the ones they used to pick on with impunity can now do the same to them.

You do realise that, in popular culture, people love to see the bullies that beat up that third grade kid get their comeuppance? You're basically telling people that anti-CV players deserve no sympathy, and that they brought this on themselves.

You might want to use a different analogy.....

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Members
1,009 posts
8,352 battles
7 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Hahahahhahaha. Wow I cant stop laughing. "3rd on NA" when the top clans arent even playing. And makes it more amusing coming from a guy who only excels at CVs and nothing else

I mUsT pLaY cV tO hAvE lArGeR ePeEn.

Edited by SternBonk
  • Cool 6
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4