Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
murder_0ne

Suggestion: mark player icons blue for chat bans. Hear me out...

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

342
[LZ1]
Members
258 posts
5,723 battles

So, I just can't seem to keep my mouth shut in chat. Big surprise I'm sure. I get chat banned routinely. The WoWs playerbase is one of the most punitive and thin skinned group of crybabies I've ever experienced.

That said, people seem to be getting extremely offended when I don't/can't communicate in in-game chat due to my chat bans. I get messaged all the time after a match with players complaining they were communicating to me with no return response. I politely explain that I was unable to due to yet another ongoing chat ban and that in the future they should not take it personally if someone doesn't immediately respond to their armchair quarterbacking suggestions after they've died and see fit to tell the rest of the team how to best play the match.

SOOOOOOO.... I would like to politely suggest that anyone with a chat ban be blue in color so as to indicate to the other players that they've been chat banned and are unable to communicate in return so as to improve expectations and player relations in general.

  • Cool 7
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
578
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles

Unintended consequences for being a jerk to people?  Nah, I'm fine with this as is.

  • Cool 4
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,702
[INTEL]
Members
13,053 posts
36,003 battles

 Actually, this is a good idea. Players should be able to indicate that they are chat banned.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,839
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,417 posts
14,165 battles
8 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

 Actually, this is a good idea. Players should be able to indicate that they are chat banned.

I agree and this is scary, I agree with @Taichunger on something. :Smile-_tongue:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,524
[HINON]
Members
13,250 posts

Sure why not? Though players from wot might think they can shoot blue players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
221
[V_V_V]
Members
668 posts
14,664 battles
1 hour ago, murder_0ne said:

I get chat banned routinely. The WoWs playerbase is one of the most punitive and thin skinned group of crybabies I've ever experienced.

I would much prefer that you modify your behavior and accept some responsibility for complying with the EULA to begin with, "so as to improve player relations and expectations in general" (your words).    Use the F commands in the meantime.

Edited by Charon2018
add text
  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,274
[META_]
Members
2,195 posts
7,270 battles
37 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

 Actually, this is a good idea. Players should be able to indicate that they are chat banned.

 

27 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I agree and this is scary, I agree with @Taichunger on something. :Smile-_tongue:

me too. and yes, am in a mild state of shock... :o)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,839
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,417 posts
14,165 battles
8 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Sure why not? Though players from wot might think they can shoot blue players.

That was the problem when pink was first put in the game, everyone would dog pile. It took people turning pink themselves to realize that they were not the free kill they were in WoT. Now when you turn blue in WoT you are removed from the match but I am not sure if you are destroyed. My best TK in WoT happened with the KV-2, an enemy tank was just sitting right at extreme range so I took the shot and they from out of view came a friendly scout flying in front of the enemy doing a drive by and of course blap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,702
[INTEL]
Members
13,053 posts
36,003 battles
49 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I agree and this is scary, I agree with @Taichunger on something. :Smile-_tongue:

Given that we post a lot, it had to happen sooner or later :). 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,839
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,417 posts
14,165 battles
8 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Given that we post a lot, it had to happen sooner or later :). 

:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,068
[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

 Actually, this is a good idea. Players should be able to indicate that they are chat banned.

Taichunger is the best poster on this site whose avatar isn't an old, drunk man smoking a cigar.

I always know when someone is chat banned if they only respond in F keys and map pings.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,316
[WOOK3]
Members
4,213 posts
3,235 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

That was the problem when pink was first put in the game, everyone would dog pile. It took people turning pink themselves to realize that they were not the free kill they were in WoT. Now when you turn blue in WoT you are removed from the match but I am not sure if you are destroyed. My best TK in WoT happened with the KV-2, an enemy tank was just sitting right at extreme range so I took the shot and they from out of view came a friendly scout flying in front of the enemy doing a drive by and of course blap.

Your tank freezes intact.

I also agree with the suggestion, but like pink should only be seen by your own team. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,839
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,417 posts
14,165 battles
2 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Your tank freezes intact.

I also agree with the suggestion, but like pink should only be seen by your own team. 

I agree on that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,601
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,576 posts
15,653 battles

It would be abused. If people seen someone with a blue color for chat ban. It would turn into a pile on of "misbehavior in chat" auto reports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
221
[V_V_V]
Members
668 posts
14,664 battles

Not to mention extra spam in chat discussing the offender's notoriety.  Just another way to enable and validate bad boys and their "big surprise".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,092 posts
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

It would be abused. If people seen someone with a blue color for chat ban. It would turn into a pile on of "misbehavior in chat" auto reports.

And what people do you associate with?

I am one of those people who don't care what someone else does.

I am responsible for Myself, and would not even think of such things as you describe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,601
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,576 posts
15,653 battles
1 hour ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

And what people do you associate with?

I am one of those people who don't care what someone else does.

I am responsible for Myself, and would not even think of such things as you describe.

Just saying. If anything can be abused, not a question of if, but when. I imagine you could ask any mod and they could tell you they have probably seen it or heard it all. People are people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,242
[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
626 posts
6 hours ago, Taichunger said:

 Actually, this is a good idea. Players should be able to indicate that they are chat banned.

I actually agree, some sort of indication  of people with this ban would

a. stop people responding to them

b. relieve some of the stress for some people  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,524
[HINON]
Members
13,250 posts
7 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

It would be abused. If people seen someone with a blue color for chat ban. It would turn into a pile on of "misbehavior in chat" auto reports.

That wouldn't matter because since they are already not chatting the reports wouldn't count. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,863
[WPORT]
Members
5,437 posts
10,474 battles
10 hours ago, Taichunger said:

 Actually, this is a good idea. Players should be able to indicate that they are chat banned.

 

10 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I agree and this is scary, I agree with @Taichunger on something. :Smile-_tongue:

 

9 hours ago, Spud_butt said:

 

me too. and yes, am in a mild state of shock... :o)

 

4 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

I actually agree, some sort of indication  of people with this ban would

a. stop people responding to them

b. relieve some of the stress for some people  :)

I think a method of clearly identifying a player who is "chat banned" is useful.
Turning their ship/icon blue or some readily identifiable color seems like a good idea.

Apparently, I'm in good company on this?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,863
[WPORT]
Members
5,437 posts
10,474 battles

<Insert Name Here>  = cannot chat?  Is text  that has been stricken-through a clear enough indicator?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,274
[META_]
Members
2,195 posts
7,270 battles
17 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

<Insert Name Here>  = cannot chat?  Is text  that has been stricken-through a clear enough indicator?

that works for me!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
926
[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

Works for me. If I see a blue ship, I'll chat block them right away. Then I never have to listen to it at all!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,754 posts
23,311 battles
23 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

That wouldn't matter because since they are already not chatting the reports wouldn't count. 

I'm not sure about that, an old clan mate of mine was serving a 3 day chat ban which he agreed he deserved. While playing out the ban he received an additional 7 day chat ban.

He had to appeal several times to support and before they finally rescinded and admitted it was because of in game reports while he was serving the 3 day suspension. Now this was about 2 years ago so maybe they changed the system since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,105
[TDRB]
Members
5,135 posts
13,741 battles
Quote

The WoWs playerbase is one of the most punitive and thin skinned group of crybabies I've ever experienced.

There is a flip side to this coin. Your diatribes can & do exceed any & all levels of disrespect a reasonable person can tolerate. This is only a game. BTW, I found chat so useless I seldom read it.

As far as your suggestion I would slightly modify it. You are turned blue if you disable chat as well as when you are banned.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×