Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
theLaalaa

Perma-Camo Question

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,350
Members
1,605 posts
25,141 battles

I've made a spreadsheet to list my tech tree boats with perma-camos. I have a tier 7 US cruiser New Orleans with two perma-camos:

  • Post-battle service -10%; XP per battle +50%
  • Post-battle service -10%; Commander XP +50%; Free XP +50%

If CXP and FXP are figured off XP, then is the second better or worse than the first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,547
[HINON]
Members
13,282 posts
1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

If CXP and FXP are figured off XP, then is the second better or worse than the first?

1st one is better.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[YOU]
[YOU]
Members
113 posts
10,977 battles
1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

I've made a spreadsheet to list my tech tree boats with perma-camos. I have a tier 7 US cruiser New Orleans with two perma-camos:

  • Post-battle service -10%; XP per battle +50%
  • Post-battle service -10%; Commander XP +50%; Free XP +50%

If CXP and FXP are figured off XP, then is the second better or worse than the first?

definitely1st cammo the cost of ship services is back breaking at T9 and T10 and you need that boost for XP

Edited by You13
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,189
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,177 posts
9,512 battles

Using just the camo by itself and nothing else, both camos are identical in earning free xp and commander xp.

 

Once you start using flags, the 1st camo begins to pull ahead of the 2nd camo in gaining free xp and commander xp

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32,628
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,190 posts
19,055 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

Using just the camo by itself and nothing else, both camos are identical in earning free xp and commander xp.

 

Once you start using flags, the 1st camo begins to pull ahead of the 2nd camo in gaining free xp and commander xp

This. In combination with additional flags an XP bonus pays out more.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,691
[PVE]
Members
6,210 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

I've made a spreadsheet to list my tech tree boats with perma-camos. I have a tier 7 US cruiser New Orleans with two perma-camos:

  • Post-battle service -10%; XP per battle +50%
  • Post-battle service -10%; Commander XP +50%; Free XP +50%

If CXP and FXP are figured off XP, then is the second better or worse than the first?

Gonna work it out using a battle w/1000 BXP for an example (for easy math).

As a reference Free XP is always 5% (or 1/20th) of ship XP w/no FXP modifiers...& CXP is always all ship XP (BXP + all ship XP modifiers) + CXP modifiers which are always based off of BXP.

In a battle w/1000 BXP the unmodified numbers would be 1000 XP/1000 CXP/& 50 FXP.

Applying the 1st camo (+50% XP) gives you 1500 ship XP/1500 CXP/& 75 FXP.

Applying the 2nd camo (+50% to both CXP &FXP) gives you 1000 ship XP/1500 CXP & 75 FXP.

So using the 2nd 1 pays the same as the 1st in CXP & FXP but takes away the ship XP bonus.

On top of that even though the 2nd camo wouldn't effect CXP in any negative way if other CXP boosts were added it would effect FXP in a negative way also as FXP is a percentage of ship XP (after all modifiers are applied) & less ship XP would amount to less FXP bonuses.

Example...if you had a +100% CXP signal & the +700% FXP signal (rounder numbers than the 333% to work with) equipped here's what the differences between the 2 camos would look like.

Applying the 1st camo (+50%XP) gives you 1500 ship XP/1500+1000=2500 CXP***/& 75+700%=600 FXP.

Applying the 2nd camo (+50% to CXP & FXP w/those signals would = +150% CXP & +750% FXP) gives you 1000 ship XP/1000+1500=2500 CXP***(same w/either camo)/& 50+750%=425 FXP.

Just realised the 333% I was thinking of was the CXP boost on the dragon flag & the other FXP boost flag was also a round number at 300% (Doh)...but the point was made that not only will you get less ship XP but all FXP bonuses added will be diminished also w/the 2nd camo so the 1st  camo is definitely the winner...hands down.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,350
Members
1,605 posts
25,141 battles

Thanks to all replies that agree like a well-crafted orchestral piece! A special thanks to IfYouSeeChaos for running the numbers and ending his technical solo by blending into the greater melody of the rest with:

4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

... so the 1st  camo is definitely the winner...hands down.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,691
[PVE]
Members
6,210 posts
22,432 battles
4 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

Thanks to all replies that agree like a well-crafted orchestral piece! A special thanks to IfYouSeeChaos for running the numbers and ending his technical solo by blending into the greater melody of the rest with:

 

Thank you...thank you...hold the applause:cap_cool:...hold the applause:cap_cool:...just throw money :Smile_coin:(medals work too:Smile_medal:...if they can be melted down & sold for money:Smile_coin::Smile-_tongue:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×