You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

100,000 Free XP - how long

47 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,508 posts

One of the German campaign missions coming soon has a requirement to earn 100,000 Free XP. 

How long would it take to earn that much? 

(Maybe I mis-read it?) 

• Haha 1

[D3BT]
Members
371 posts
6,199 battles

That seems like an awful lot of free XP to earn within the event's timeframe.

[INTEL]
Members
13,064 posts
36,051 battles

Properly flagged, 10-12 games.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Alpha Tester
595 posts
15,625 battles

It looked to me that several of the missions were a little long  in the tooth for the amount of rewards, so I pretty much skipped this one.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,124 posts
4,088 battles
2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Yup. With Papa Papa, special signals, premium account, and the right camo you can pull 10K FXP on a good game. So not as long as you might think, but it's hella expensive. Guess it comes down to if you're willing to burn those resources on a mission.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,508 posts

image.thumb.png.838cf85d155e617010e414f0e8ec48c7.png

Yeah... I think I'll chose the 1,250,000 hp damage to red ships.. yet still, that's 10 to 15 games. Seem far more obtainable.  I've been playing a lot in the past two weeks and just now have 97K Free xp. 

I think this one has to be done with damage, at least by me! 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,508 posts
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

Yup. With Papa Papa, special signals, premium account, and the right camo you can pull 10K FXP on a good game. So not as long as you might think, but it's hella expensive. Guess it comes down to if you're willing to burn those resources on a mission.

Maybe, probably... but I'm all out of the good stuff... burnt them earlier to assist in getting the IC camo. l've also been burning that stuff to help in some grinds as well. 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,124 posts
4,088 battles
Just now, Herr_Reitz said:

Maybe, probably... but I'm all out of the good stuff... burnt them earlier to assist in getting the IC camo. l've also been burning that stuff to help in some grinds as well. 

Yeah, I like to save those thing for grinds or things I really want as well. Without hoisting yards of signals its a lot harder.

At least they haven't limited it to T8+ CVs or something:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLFG]
Members
29,050 posts
8,308 battles

Depends. I know at one point, when I decided I wanted Nelson, I pimped out Hindy, (including Ouroboros and Spring Sky) and I was getting 20-35k FXP. (I was only able to sustain that for about 200k though, and that wiped out a camo supply I'd had since OBT)

Short of that, with lesser camo & signals, playing Musashi, Georgia, or Thunderer, I've had games with between 5-8k FXP.

Normally though, it's between 250-1k FXP.

With premium.

I would say, load up the highest tier ship you're comfy in with the best flags and camo you have, and go for it.

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

You can do it in Operations.

image.thumb.png.9ae8d858257554eff70fba52723b5ee4.png

image.thumb.png.5b5411c0f88a15bed1ed482993afdc28.png

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,508 posts
43 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You can do it in Operations.

Hadn't thought of that... 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Improperly flagged 20 - 30 games.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,065 posts
23,845 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

57 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, with PVP, Premium Acct, the right camo bonus, Signal Flags and all, as well as turning in respectable performances at the least, I can see that happening.

There's also Operations, but I guess that depends on what's being run unless you do Divisions and choose which one to do.  Some of the cycled ops just plain suck if you Solo Queue.

Members
3,100 posts
6,691 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

One of the German campaign missions coming soon has a requirement to earn 100,000 Free XP. 

(Maybe I mis-read it?) 

Fully flagged and camoed, assuming a 50% win rate and decent performance in all matches at Tier IX+, I could do that in maybe 12 matches. A lot fewer if I won more.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,508 posts
5 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Fully flagged and camoed, assuming a 50% win rate and decent performance in all matches at Tier IX+, I could do that in maybe 12 matches. A lot fewer if I won more.

Well I'm impressed with you guys ability to clear that much Free XP in so few matches. I'm sure it also includes using Premium time too, yah? 

I'll have to try to wrack up the damage instead. :cap_haloween:

[INTEL]
Members
13,064 posts
36,051 battles
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Yeah, with PVP, Premium Acct, the right camo bonus, Signal Flags and all, as well as turning in respectable performances at the least, I can see that happening.

There's also Operations, but I guess that depends on what's being run unless you do Divisions and choose which one to do.  Some of the cycled ops just plain suck if you Solo Queue.

Well, I was thinking of Thunderer and Azuma, etc. Usually if I take a T9-10 premium into Randoms fully flagged and camo'ed, I will get 6-12K FXP, depending on how I perform. 

Even if you are only partly flagged and camos, you can get 3-5K FXP per match, 25 matches and home. 

The whole point of grinds like this is to soak up your signals and camos, of course. 

[YOU]
[YOU]
Members
113 posts
10,976 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

(Maybe I mis-read it?) 

it can take between a week to 5 years . it depends how often you play dude. what a question.

Playing random instead of crappy CO OP for sure will make it faster

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,093 battles
16 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well I'm impressed with you guys ability to clear that much Free XP in so few matches. I'm sure it also includes using Premium time too, yah? 

Dont forget the benefits of a completely built out clan port. 

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,031 posts
11,611 battles

Longer than Wargaming staff think because they seem to assume we all have premium and a f-ton of disposable special signals and camos. 

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,424 posts

I'd be happy if German ships wouldn't be cut out for more than a few directives. WG has a German directives event going on yet WG cut German ships totally out of some of the Odin directives. It's down right abusive. 

And on topic it might take 20-30 battles to get 100k depending on flags and camo used.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,065 posts
23,845 battles
47 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

The whole point of grinds like this is to soak up your signals and camos, of course. 

We're being played :Smile_popcorn:

27 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Longer than Wargaming staff think because they seem to assume we all have premium and a f-ton of disposable special signals and camos. 

Oh, I'm sure they know what people have.  Stuff like this is to "entice" people to go Premium Acct and score some fancy Signal Flags.

RIP for the strictly F2P players, especially those that don't earn a ton of signal flags from combat performance.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
31 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

We're being played :Smile_popcorn:

Oh, I'm sure they know what people have.  Stuff like this is to "entice" people to go Premium Acct and score some fancy Signal Flags.

RIP for the strictly F2P players, especially those that don't earn a ton of signal flags from combat performance.

Well I am F2P and I will on average have a fair number of special camo and signal flags on hand for times when both premium time and XP bonuses coincide to maximize my earnings. Which I can then use as needed in between such times. Or if the the need is great / good end prize in an event I will use signal flags. The current event though with knowing the Odin not going to be earned freely and no other great rewards will be gained means I will not be dipping into those flags for a while,

It’s mainly all about about planning ahead. :Smile_smile:

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[PVE]
Members
6,172 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

(Maybe I mis-read it?) 

Something imperative (when attempting to earn massive Free XP) that everybody else either failed to mention or just doesn't know (some may think they covered it by saying stock up on signals but they didn't specify this specific detail)...

FXP is a percentage of XP earned (w/zero FXP boosts it is 5% or 1/20th to be exact).

Boosting ship XP w/as many signals/camos/etc as possible will greatly boost your FXP also (& is mandatory...along w/the FXP signals/camo/etc...for those 10k FXP games).

As an example...w/all the FXP boosts in the game...just 1 +100XP boost will double the amount of FXP from all of those FXP boosts over having zero XP boosts.

CXP boosts have zero effect on FXP though...just the XP boosts effect it...although XP boosts also effect CXP (just in a different way) if you ever need to grind for CXP.

Members
3,100 posts
6,691 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Yeah to hit 10k-15k FXP you would need to win, plus do 65,000+ damage and get base XP from other sources as well, i.e. cap points, plus have a good single-use econ camo, plus be using all the standard and all the special econ signals.