You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree July 17-19 2020.

25 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
19,977 posts
14,272 battles

Almost all of my Friday, Saturday and Sunday playing time was devoted to finally achieving this:

image.thumb.jpeg.ad4c01d5343c093ef135b30a15dc32b7.jpeg

Along the way, I accumulated base XP which got me a crate that held the unlock for this...

image.thumb.jpeg.d936962732769bf9797347c3889a70df.jpeg

...and devoted only as much time as necessary to getting the permacamo you see her dressed in.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3

[WOLF5]
Members
1,057 posts
8,859 battles

Congratulations on these new additions!

[PMWC1]
Members
165 posts
5,264 battles

Congratulations on the new ships!

Members
3,582 posts
12,928 battles

Nice Ensign_Cthulu, very nice.

Week was pretty rough in-game. I dont know how to play Tallinn or Riga, and my performance in them is just terribad.

Weekend was alright, unlocked the Odin. Had a good 6 game start in it last night. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,452 posts

@Ensign_Cthulhu As you probably already know, you're gonna enjoy that Yammy! Looks like you had her HSF camo already? She looks good wearing that camo.

I'm all jelly here with you getting that T6 Carrier. I tried, tried and tried some more. No such luck.

So I heartily add my Congrats! with others. A solid weekend for you. 

[FGNE]
Members
959 posts
4,568 battles

Congrats!

I finished the Dockyard and got the Odin, also got the Rhein and it’s permacamo.

[RLGN]
Members
14,250 posts
25,088 battles

Finally broke down and played GkF in Randoms.

Loss... 10k damage. CQE.

Loss... 20k damage.

Win... 35k damage? Wasn’t notable enough to remember. Killed two Smolly. One by Main Battery, one by detonating.

Loss... 85k damage. CQE, DevStrk, Fireproof, Dreadnaught.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Along the way, I accumulated base XP which got me a crate that held the unlock for this...

...and devoted only as much time as necessary to getting the permacamo you see her dressed in.

Ah delicious.

I trust you will have the XP ground out for your immediate advancement to the Parseval upon the events conclusion?

What would be better is if you achieved this prior to obtaining your final container only to receive the combat mission for it but insufficient time to obtain the perma camo.

Oh my the torment!

By the way if you look waaay up the top of the conning tower you will see me exposing myself to passing merchant vessels.

Edited by Sumseaman

[V_V_V]
Members
648 posts
14,593 battles
49 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

By the way if you look waaay up the top of the conning tower you will see me exposing myself to passing merchant vessels.

WELCOME to Hamburg!

• Haha 1

Members
201 posts
21,029 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I am envious.  As hard as I have tried, I have not yet been able to kill one ship in this thing (in Co-Op, no less).  I have worked them down to as low as 4K HP and then someone else finishes it while I try to get some planes back to it. :(  I will keep trying...

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
24 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

WELCOME to Hamburg!

An excellent addition! :Smile_veryhappy: +1.

8 minutes ago, Njanear said:

I am envious.  As hard as I have tried, I have not yet been able to kill one ship in this thing (in Co-Op, no less).  I have worked them down to as low as 4K HP and then someone else finishes it while I try to get some planes back to it. :(  I will keep trying...

If your teammates continue to misbehave in this way just sink them. What are they going to do....keep you in coop?

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
803 posts
9,651 battles

Congrats op! I unlocked the Rhein and decided to buy Odin, the coal, and port slot. Had some really fun CB games also. Really enjoying t6 cb and the change of pace. 

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Almost all of my Friday, Saturday and Sunday playing time was devoted to finally achieving this:

image.thumb.jpeg.ad4c01d5343c093ef135b30a15dc32b7.jpeg

Yammy = GuD.........  I love that ship and mine has just under 2,000 matches on it !  

I got the German tier 4 carrier earlier this week and I don't play carriers.  I'd give it to you if I could.  I can't finish the german events because the last tasks require Carriers.........darn.

I made it to the Strong Willed campaign's 5th segment.  There is only one, one star mission that I can play in COOP.  There are ten stars and a final mission and I might be able to get a star every other week.....  I have two months or so but, I doubt I'll get through it............sigh.  Oh bother........sigh.

Other than that, the M1 Carbine mission is complete !  The 7.62x54R mission for hog hunting in the fall has taken an unexpected path.  The M1A mission is a go (a backup hog rifle) !  Now, that the fight with Springfield is resolved and a newer scope mount has replaced an older version that wasn't machined correctly.  All of the components are on hand and we'll see what the Berger 175 VLD's can do !!!  WoWs is gonna have to take a back seat for a few days !  I need more BACON!!!

Nothing can be finer than a pan of sizzling of bacon in the Mor-orn-ing...........

[ARGSY]
Members
19,977 posts
14,272 battles
9 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

I trust you will have the XP ground out for your immediate advancement to the Parseval upon the events conclusion?

Oh dear Christ, no. I just finished one power grind; not in the mood for another.

What would be better is if you achieved this prior to obtaining your final container only to receive the combat mission for it but insufficient time to obtain the perma camo.

That possibility is firmly in my mind. My goal this week is to knock over the preliminaries (I have 3.2M credits, 1K secondary hits, 120K XP left to go) so that if I get the Parseval late in the event, I can devote all effort to unlocking her and jumping straight into her specific mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWFF7ecArBk

8 hours ago, Njanear said:

As hard as I have tried, I have not yet been able to kill one ship in this thing (in Co-Op, no less).

I went to Randoms for that. Even there, I had the problem of going in for the finishing stroke only to have another player blow the ship up in my face. In one case it was a Fuso that was using my CV as a meatshield against much closer targets. That person got reported. Managed it eventually, but much was said under my breath that could not be typed in battle chat without major consequences. :Smile_trollface:

5 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Nothing can be finer than a pan of sizzling of bacon in the Mor-orn-ing...

No meat is tastier than the meat you shot and prepped yourself. :cap_like:

[WPORT]
Members
5,390 posts
10,416 battles
9 hours ago, Njanear said:

Ram a ship.  :-)

I'm guessing @Sumseaman will be proud of you.  :-)

Members
326 posts
13,896 battles

Congrats @Ensign_Cthulhu on your new ships; especially the Yamato!

I played my various selections all weekend, generally working on the campaign and the german crates.  Not sure how I did it, but pulled one with the task to get the Rhein (T4).  So will work on the BXP this week to unlock that and maybe try it in a training room or coop.

[4HIM]
Members
3,013 posts
12,543 battles

Finished the Odin grind over the weekend.  Also finished off my 4th and 5th 19 point commanders.  And today finally unlocked my first T10 BB.

image.thumb.png.a2044d0474e9ec61948dcf7abc000cad.png

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

[ARGSY]
Members
19,977 posts
14,272 battles
2 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

And today finally unlocked my first T10 BB.

Is this your first Tier 10 of any kind, or just the first battleship?

Welcome to a whole new level of horrendous credit drain and near-essential permacamos! :Smile_veryhappy:

[4HIM]
Members
3,013 posts
12,543 battles
30 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Is this your first Tier 10 of any kind, or just the first battleship?

Welcome to a whole new level of horrendous credit drain and near-essential permacamos! :Smile_veryhappy:

1st T10 BB.  Had already ground out Des Memes, Wooooooostah, and Moskva.  

And it's already sporting a gamble camo (Type 20).  Just hope they don't do a KMS BB split. 

[ARGSY]
Members
19,977 posts
14,272 battles
1 hour ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Just hope they don't do a KMS BB split. 

It depends on what type of split they do. The upcoming US BB split, for example, is "losing" no ships to premium status. The Moskva was an outlier, and IMHO they are probably still smarting from the backlash on that one.

Members
3,079 posts
6,590 battles

I had a pretty light weekend... I am done with Odin, done with all daily combat missions for the month, and was caught up on KM CV directive tasks, so I finished the Shinonome campaign and started in on the Halsey campaign, which is last one I have to do now.

The last stage of the Shinonome campaign, I admit, was totally cheesed in co-op using a destroyer to farm spotting ribbons, as there is a three-star task that is doable in co-op and only requires five spotted ribbons, so I finished the whole last stage in four co-op matches.

Also finished the PTS Summer Season 2 mission, also totally cheesed in co-op in under two hours - did the destroyer and cruiser damage tasks in Friesland and Smolensk, which simultaneously completed the fires task and the cap task by way of farming defended ribbons. Credits and top finisher tasks finished naturally along the way.

Tier VI crates have been very lucrative for me. My goal is to not spend anything again, and since I have all the Tier VI ships in the prize pool, this is a steady 12,000-15,000 doubloons per year, which should give me plenty to do the shipyard-type events or pick up an interesting premium.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[ARGSY]
Members
19,977 posts
14,272 battles

I wasn't aware that ANY of the Honorable Service campaign could be done in co-op. Must have a look at that when I fire up the game again tonight.