You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

How to switch "country" I'm playing for

10 comments in this topic

[T_N_R]
Members
0 posts

Just started playing WoWS and it appears I'm playing for Germany, even though I can choose ships of other flags.

How do I change a "country" I'm playing for? I don't want to see Deutche flugseugtrager and hear German anthem while in dock.

• Haha 2
  • Boring 1

[TBB]
Members
616 posts
4,885 battles
1 minute ago, M1612 said:

Just started playing WoWS and it appears I'm playing for Germany, even though I can choose ships of other flags.

How do I change a "country" I'm playing for? I don't want to see Deutche flugseugtrager and hear German anthem while in dock.

You can change the port in the top left hand corner. Also, your not playing for that country 

, This is the port that you're in and you can change it to whatever port you see there.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles
1 minute ago, Merc_R_Us said:

You can change the port in the top left hand corner. Also, your not playing for that country 

, This is the port that you're in and you can change it to whatever port you see there.

^ This.

OP, the only reason why you're in the German port, is because there's currently a German event going on, and WG always sets the corresponding port as default for the event. For example, back when Swedish DD 's were released, it was fjords.

There's no such thing as "playing for a country" in this game. You just play whatever ship from whatever nation you want, at anytime. 

• Cool 1

[XXX]
Members
525 posts
949 battles

Yeah as others have said, the Ports change on a per event basis, currently the German Aircraft carriers are released and thus it updates everyones ports to the German one. I believe there is a London one, a US one (New York maybe?) along with TWO anime ones (Azur Lane and High School Fleet) and plenty of others. Just follows the instructs Merc has (like for the word 'port in the top left and click on it) and you'll be able to select one.

[PVE]
Members
6,173 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, M1612 said:

Awesome, that helps. Thanks everyone!

Glad you got that figured out...welcome to the forums & welcome to the game.

Enjoy :-)

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
Members
781 posts
37,195 battles
2 hours ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Yeah as others have said, the Ports change on a per event basis, currently the German Aircraft carriers are released and thus it updates everyones ports to the German one. I believe there is a London one, a US one (New York maybe?) along with TWO anime ones (Azur Lane and High School Fleet) and plenty of others. Just follows the instructs Merc has (like for the word 'port in the top left and click on it) and you'll be able to select one.

There was 3 total, but it was the Yokosuka port for the 1st ARP event , and was rather very older kind of port, and iirc, removed, sadly 

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,096 battles
4 hours ago, M1612 said:

Awesome, that helps. Thanks everyone!

Language for ships is Settings under sound. 

Welcome and have fun. 

Members
23 posts
254 battles

Lol this is actually pretty funny..

I can imagine if I was german and coming into the game for the first time and being presented with all this port/UI themes and symbology and music. (Also the loading/splash screen.)

I would probably come to the same conclusion as OP.

Edited by armakel
  • Haha 1