Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Need terminology help from new players.

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,384
[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles

Hi... I'm not a new player but I want to start a new account & pretend to be 1 so I can rant about CVs & make WG think that all new players hate them & are having the most absolutely horrible experience on account of them.

My problem is that I have been trolling the forums for so long that I know way too much WoWS terminology to be able to pretend to be new & get away w/it.

Seeing as the experiences are still new for you can you...in your own words...describe any frustrations you may have w/CVs in your games.

Please don't check the forums for the correct terminology for them 1st...I know them terms...I need inexperienced people's terminology if I'm gonna be able to pull this off...& actually...now that I think about it...I'd like to start 3 or 4 new accounts so I'm gonna need a lot of alternate terminology to not make them all sound like a bunch of copy/paste frauds.

TIA...& oh yeah...almost forgot...

Welcome to the forums & welcome to the game.

  • Funny 2
  • Haha 6
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
878 posts
5,760 battles

I'm not new, but let's see...

Bang, boom,blorp, blooped, deleted, erased, vanished, liquidated, cancelled, picked on, mean, blatant, kablowie, kaboom, sink, sunk, sank.....

Any of these happening to my ship = unfair, marginalized, not fun, wicked, ungodly, crappy, unenjoyable....

So that means the ship offending me needs to be altered, changed, un-capableized, easier for me to kill, not effective, or popular foam toyed and/or ban hammered.

Ok...that's all I can think of at the moment.

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,384
[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

I'm not new, but let's see...

Bang, boom,blorp, blooped, deleted, erased, vanished, liquidated, cancelled, picked on, mean, blatant, kablowie, kaboom, sink, sunk, sank.....

Any of these happening to my ship = unfair, marginalized, not fun, wicked, ungodly, crappy, unenjoyable....

So that means the ship offending me needs to be altered, changed, un-capableized, easier for me to kill, not effective, or popular foam toyed and/or ban hammered.

Ok...that's all I can think of at the moment.

Thank you.

Took me a moment to realize that wasn't a mistake..."popular foam toyed"...I'm stealing*** that ("uncapableized"... that's good too)...but most seem to be ones that are not forum regulars so I think I can work w/them.

***& don't even bother trying to give me permission btw...amateurs borrow... professionals steal...steal from me you steal twice ;-)

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
878 posts
5,760 battles
35 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Thank you.

Took me a moment to realize that wasn't a mistake..."popular foam toyed"...I'm stealing*** that ("uncapableized"... that's good too)...but most seem to be ones that are not forum regulars so I think I can work w/them.

***& don't even bother trying to give me permission btw...amateurs borrow... professionals steal...steal from me you steal twice ;-)

Lol. I do what I can.

Thief....

giphy.gif

  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
86 posts
755 battles

How about this:

I'm in my third game in my Charleston.  Wow, a premium ship Wargaming gave me right off the bat.  They didn't give me squat when I started World of Tanks.  So far it's a blast.  Old school broadsides.

What is that horrible sound?  Why does my aiming reticle have all these plane icons?  Crap, those are planes.  My ship is shooting at them with a machine gun or something.  They went right over me.  Thud, thud...  The announcer guy tells me I'm flooding.  How do you fix that.  Never dealt with flooding before.  Why isn't my ship turning.  More buzzing - thud, thud.  Pop, pop, pop.  More buzzing - thud...  Sinking.

So much fun.

How is that for the NewB experience in dealing with a Hosho captained by an experienced player.  There really are not words to describe it.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[KMS]
Members
35 posts
24,706 battles

Two terms thrown around here that no real, down-to-earth player who's been here for years knows, understands, or even wants to know, or understand: "poi," and "waifu." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
836
[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,410 posts
5,648 battles
3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Hi... I'm not a new player but I want to start a new account & pretend to be 1 so I can rant about CVs & make WG think that all new players hate them & are having the most absolutely horrible experience on account of them.

My problem is that I have been trolling the forums for so long that I know way too much WoWS terminology to be able to pretend to be new & get away w/it.

Seeing as the experiences are still new for you can you...in your own words...describe any frustrations you may have w/CVs in your games.

Please don't check the forums for the correct terminology for them 1st...I know them terms...I need inexperienced people's terminology if I'm gonna be able to pull this off...& actually...now that I think about it...I'd like to start 3 or 4 new accounts so I'm gonna need a lot of alternate terminology to not make them all sound like a bunch of copy/paste frauds.

TIA...& oh yeah...almost forgot...

Welcome to the forums & welcome to the game.

talk about Russian bias, That's almost certain to cause a ruckus out of a few people myself included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,384
[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, BoghieWanKanobie said:

How about this:

I'm in my third game in my Charleston.  Wow, a premium ship Wargaming gave me right off the bat.  They didn't give me squat when I started World of Tanks.  So far it's a blast.  Old school broadsides.

What is that horrible sound?  Why does my aiming reticle have all these plane icons?  Crap, those are planes.  My ship is shooting at them with a machine gun or something.  They went right over me.  Thud, thud...  The announcer guy tells me I'm flooding.  How do you fix that.  Never dealt with flooding before.  Why isn't my ship turning.  More buzzing - thud, thud.  Pop, pop, pop.  More buzzing - thud...  Sinking.

So much fun.

How is that for the NewB experience in dealing with a Hosho captained by an experienced player.  There really are not words to describe it.

If it was in your 3rd game it couldn't have been a Hosho captained by an experienced player as you would have still been in protected MM.

As bad as that sounds it was actually a new Hosho captain that did that to you...but also...I'm sure you have learned to use your Damage Control since then...just hovering over the icon (in port... before you ever got into your 1st battle) could have informed you of it's benefit before that happened so the data to prevent that scenario from being that devastating was in the game client for you to discover.

16 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

talk about Russian bias, That's almost certain to cause a ruckus out of a few people myself included.

You lost me on the Russian bias??? There isn't even any RU CVs in the game so...yeah...I'm lost there :Smile_amazed:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,782
[INTEL]
Members
12,480 posts
34,650 battles
3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Hi... I'm not a new player but I want to start a new account & pretend to be 1 so I can rant about CVs & make WG think that all new players hate them & are having the most absolutely horrible experience on account of them.

 

That would be awesome, but the devs dont care about the new player experience. So you'd just be wasting your talents.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,384
[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
38 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

That would be awesome, but the devs dont care about the new player experience. So you'd just be wasting your talents.

 

Wait...I thought it was the old player experience they didn't care about because they already had all of their money... ain't that the gist of the whole "Churn" movement started by that guy they let go for being an idiot?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
878 posts
5,760 battles
11 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Wait...I thought it was the old player experience they didn't care about because they already had all of their money...& that the gist of the whole "Churn" movement started by that guy they let go for being an idiot?

It's both! Depending on who you read in the forums. After all, everyone in the forums is an expert, both on how others should play and the long term business plan of WG.  In other words, believe whoever feeds your confirmation bias! That's what everyone else does 😂

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,782
[INTEL]
Members
12,480 posts
34,650 battles
31 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

It's both! Depending on who you read in the forums. After all, everyone in the forums is an expert, both on how others should play and the long term business plan of WG.  In other words, believe whoever feeds your confirmation bias! That's what everyone else does 😂

 

43 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Wait...I thought it was the old player experience they didn't care about because they already had all of their money... ain't that the gist of the whole "Churn" movement started by that guy they let go for being an idiot?

The "churn" theory applies to both older and new players -- the old ones are cast aside as burnt out husks, while the new ones are simply regarded as stupid fodder, rather than nurtured, since there are always more where they came from. 

Nice try, but no contradiction there.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
878 posts
5,760 battles
13 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

 

The "churn" theory applies to both older and new players -- the old ones are cast aside as burnt out husks, while the new ones are simply regarded as stupid fodder, rather than nurtured, since there are always more where they came from. 

Nice try, but no contradiction there.

 

I see a contradiction for sure. You don't. We all see what we want, which was my larger point.  Consequently, our opinions are worth as much as the price tag on this game in the grand scheme.

 

 

giphy-1.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,384
[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
38 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

See, another expert commenting on WG strategy...

I see a contradiction for sure. You don't. We all see what we want, which was my larger point.  Consequently, our opinions are worth as much as the price tag on this game in the grand scheme.

 

 

giphy-1.gif

Actually that wasn't his theory... just the idiot that got fired's theory. He was just clarifying it.

45 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

 

The "churn" theory applies to both older and new players -- the old ones are cast aside as burnt out husks, while the new ones are simply regarded as stupid fodder, rather than nurtured, since there are always more where they came from. 

Nice try, but no contradiction there.

 

The contradiction is not taking into account the idiot's butt hurt feelings for being fired being the overriding factor when believing that molarky...not to mention disregarding his personal involvement in it if it was happening...I didn't hear any of those confessions of involvement despite being on the PR department.

Did he quit despite knowing they were that underhanded?

No...instead he made a video mocking players upset about the PR debacle...& didn't even have the intelligence to know it would get him fired...but great source on that viewpoint :-)

I'm sure it was 100% factually based & reliable & not biased at all.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,746
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,553 posts

Note to self, any new accounts ranting about CVs in strange terminology are now pre-determined to be IfYouSeeKhaos.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
878 posts
5,760 battles
14 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Actually that wasn't his theory... just the idiot that got fired's theory. He was just clarifying it.

My bad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,123
[SALVO]
Members
3,347 posts
3,274 battles
6 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Hi... I'm not a new player but I want to start a new account & pretend to be 1

Ok, I've been told all new players are bots, I've seen some in low tier matches. Also I've been told those new players never complain about anything and don't post in the forums so it could be difficult to impersonate one. I recommend you name your new self :Seekhaos: as a first step.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
86 posts
755 battles
13 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

If it was in your 3rd game it couldn't have been a Hosho captained by an experienced player as you would have still been in protected MM.

As bad as that sounds it was actually a new Hosho captain that did that to you...but also...I'm sure you have learned to use your Damage Control since then...just hovering over the icon (in port... before you ever got into your 1st battle) could have informed you of it's benefit before that happened so the data to prevent that scenario from being that devastating was in the game client for you to discover.

You lost me on the Russian bias??? There isn't even any RU CVs in the game so...yeah...I'm lost there :Smile_amazed:

IfYouSeeKhaos,

I now have 600 games in me and just today got my 1 Year Anniversary gift - which I think I'm going to spend on a 10 point captain for my new German T-61.

Pertinent to this conversation, one of my first games in the Charleston was just like described.  I did not even look skyward, I was focused on surface ships.  It wasn't really the damage, it was the chaos of hearing all that noise, getting torped, and trying to deal with surface ships at the same time.  Anyway, it wasn't that long ago for me.  Also, the 'Matchmaker for Newcomers' a year ago wasn't 200 games - it was apparently 69 games.  Regardless, it was totally unexpected to deal with planes in my 1904 era ship.  I knew they were coming because I watch streams - but streamers usually play much higher tiers.  I really didn't think I was going to have to deal with planes till WWII era ships.

You asked for the new players experience against CVs.  There it is.  The new player experience. 

It was not good - but, I am bullheaded and have learned to deal with it.:Smile_medal:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×