Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yandere_Roon

Any CCs you can actually trust these days?

219 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

382
[XXX]
Members
663 posts
1,658 battles

Flamu and Flambass are focused on rage clickbaity videos in order to drive engagement and, at least on stream, act incredibly toxic. Their videos are HEAVILY filled with bias towards certain ships and they clearly have agendas.

NoZoup and Notser has obvious biases and seems to be very WG friendly, usually sugarcoating things to a large extent.

Toptier (this came to my knowledge recently) views CVs as underpowered (they're not and I say this a person who plays and likes CVs) and tried to use a video (which I fell for, for that I'm sorry) where it was quite clear he had an agenda about Rocket Plane changes.

iChase...well I honestly don't pay enough attention to him but he seems to at least do 'how to play' guides, which is a rarity in this day and age but I understand he has his own controversy.

Jingles is just Jingles, eh you watch the videos for Jingles and the silly jokes, no real problem with that plus I enjoy the fact he includes ship history.

So that leads someone like Sealord Mountbatten I guess...

So yeah...it seems like virtually every 'big' WoWs youtuber is either a toxic shoutyman or a sugarcoating shill and there's very little inbetween (apart from Jingles and Sealord...but hey give it time and no doubt something will happen with them...). So does anyone have any recommendations that aren't in the list?

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,266
[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,870 posts
27,144 battles

SeaRaptor is probably the best CC there is. He is very even tempered in his thoughts and opinions and expresses himself in a meaningful way. He plays all classes too.

  • Cool 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,237
[SALVO]
Members
8,201 posts
6,084 battles

Any CCs you can actually trust these days?

I trust in mouses tainted by Tzeentch... 

Oh boy looks like I've turned heretic... 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
382
[XXX]
Members
663 posts
1,658 battles

Yeah I did leave out LWM because, well, I DO trust them but they're not big WoWs youtubers, they're focused on the forums though I greatly appreciate the number crunching and tireless (and it seems like thankless work if WG is anything to go by) work they put in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
811
[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,948 battles
6 hours ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Flamu and Flambass are focused on rage clickbaity videos in order to drive engagement and, at least on stream, act incredibly toxic. Their videos are HEAVILY filled with bias towards certain ships and they clearly have agendas.

NoZoup and Notser has obvious biases and seems to be very WG friendly, usually sugarcoating things to a large extent.

Toptier (this came to my knowledge recently) views CVs as underpowered (they're not and I say this a person who plays and likes CVs) and tried to use a video (which I fell for, for that I'm sorry) where it was quite clear he had an agenda about Rocket Plane changes.

iChase...well I honestly don't pay enough attention to him but he seems to at least do 'how to play' guides, which is a rarity in this day and age but I understand he has his own controversy.

Jingles is just Jingles, eh you watch the videos for Jingles and the silly jokes, no real problem with that plus I enjoy the fact he includes ship history.

So that leads someone like Sealord Mountbatten I guess...

So yeah...it seems like virtually every 'big' WoWs youtuber is either a toxic shoutyman or a sugarcoating shill and there's very little inbetween (apart from Jingles and Sealord...but hey give it time and no doubt something will happen with them...). So does anyone have any recommendations that aren't in the list?

I make videos and post almost daily, my youtube channel is MetaMan2002 . I watch all those CCs you named and you can see they all strongly dislike CVs besides Toptier. Why is that? Because a lot of them consider themselves DD mains, most of them say this in their videos. Which class is most contained by CVs. Bottom line is they are influencers and if they say something is bad long enough the general population say " hey this strong player I look to for non bias information is downing a certain ship , ship class or praising another. I would guarantee if you could see WG ship sales these CCs influence sales by a lot. The only one I have not ever  heard negative at all from is destroyer Kuro and LWM.

Edited by Meta_Man
  • Cool 7
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
382
[XXX]
Members
663 posts
1,658 battles
3 minutes ago, Shira_Malinois said:

Try Carbine Carlito, he's a relatively new CC, the way he discuss and filles new ships, i like this Irish guy.

Yeah watched the Z-35 review and he reports a player who made a stupid choice, didn't do anything toxic, the Prinz Eugen just didn't play well, we all have derp moments and then he proceeded to call him 'stupid' using ingame chat...so HE's out as well because like Flamu he puts on the airs and graces of being levelheaded outside of game but once he's in there...

Edited by Yandere_Roon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,134
[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

My fave was business6 for both ship reviews and battle tactics. 

Sadly he only does about one video every two months or so now.

 

Sealord is fun with his top 10 vids. iChase is educational.  Statsbloke is also very good at high value content.

 

Edited by TheGreatBlasto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,170
[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
19,916 battles

Lord_Zath and SeaRaptor00 really provide a lot of information about the ships and playstyle to get the best out of them.  

bfk_fer1fye for sheer entertainment value although some people will not like what he dislikes :-)

If you play destroyer, Destroyer KuroshioKai has very good instructional play videos on Youtube.

 

Finally, our own Ducky_Shot_ here on the forums puts up streams occasionally.  His personality on stream is much different than here on the forums.

 

  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,758
[KWF]
Members
6,362 posts
7,145 battles

I disagree on Flamu and Flambass, as they have some entertainment value at least. 

That said, there's Mejash, our frequent forumers @Lord_Zath and @Destroyer_KuroshioKai ,Sea Lord Mountbatten, PointyHairedJedi. There's also Panzerknacker, if you are after record replays.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
359
[WOLFC]
Members
543 posts
9,521 battles

LittleWhiteMouse for the reviews, of course. That's a given.

As for streaming and youtube, I tend to stick with Searaptor and LordZath. They both try to stay away from the clickbaity trend you see with a lot of others. Searaptor's streams are great, as he explains what and why he's doing a thing, even if it doesn't work out. Zath does frequent replay analysis, going over games people send in to point out mistakes or points when it could've been done better. Both are nearly salt free (everyone is gonna have a little). 

The catch with Flamuu and the like is that they are in fact good players, and can (and do) adjust their gameplay to fit a narrative. This makes it harder for me to take them seriously, even if it makes for entertaining videos from time to time.

  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
626
[O_O]
Members
674 posts
22 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Flamu and Flambass are focused on rage clickbaity videos in order to drive engagement and, at least on stream, act incredibly toxic. Their videos are HEAVILY filled with bias towards certain ships and they clearly have agendas.

Just because you disagree with someone regarding CVs does not make them a "toxic CC pushing an agenda." 

 

  • Cool 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385
[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,377 posts

For the strait dope on ships i trust LWM and Lert , as for the rest they do have some entertainment value to me thats about it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
66
[PVE]
Members
382 posts
3,273 battles
18 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

SeaRaptor is probably the best CC there is. He is very even tempered in his thoughts and opinions and expresses himself in a meaningful way. He plays all classes too.

 

14 minutes ago, Shira_Malinois said:

Try Carbine Carlito, he's a relatively new CC, the way he discuss and filles new ships, i like this Irish guy.

I principally watch both of these gentleman.  As far as I have seen they seem to be unbiased.

Jingles is purely entertainment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
382
[XXX]
Members
663 posts
1,658 battles
7 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

Just because you disagree with someone regarding CVs does not make them a "toxic CC pushing an agenda." 

 

It's not just the CVs. They're both INCREDIBLE hypocrites, both have posted videos about 'not abusing your team in chat, you never know if someone had a disability etc.' but you look at their stream, just constant moaning about potato teams and "oh my god, why is he doing X, that's so stupid, god this team is awful!' Stream Flamu and Flambass and youtube Flamu and Flambass are two separate people...

Look at the new Russian CA/CLs, both made videos on how they're 'SO OVERPOWERED, OH MY GOD, RUSSIAN BIAS IN ACTION GAIZ!' and cherry picked their very BEST games to push this narrative. When they were released, eh, they're good but they're hardly the monsters those two made them out to be but they knew words 'Russian Bias' generate clicks.

Look at Sir_Foch aka the Angriest man in World of Tanks, he never sugarcoated, that was just who he was and you knew exactly where to stand with him.

Edited by Yandere_Roon
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39
[GGWP]
Members
118 posts
9,619 battles

Here are some good ones

Destroyer_KuroshioKai: [CUTER] destroyer main who uploads instructional videos on YouTube very often. Great place to learn dd in randoms and competitive

Gaishu_isshoku: Commander of [KYARU] and multiple time Clan battle winner on NA. He dreams on twitch under the name "Gaishu"

m373x: Very good Des Moines player and a member of [KYARU].

[O7] Players: Bfk_fer1yfe, Doyl3, DolphinPrincess, MalteseKnight, Your_SAT_Score

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35,707
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,771 posts
21,681 battles

Most popular CCs have an agenda. Toxicity / extreme opinionism / negativity gets more clicks than even tempered honesty. All CCs have a bias, because all people do.

  • Cool 6
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,746
[YORHA]
Members
5,363 posts
10,521 battles

If you want a toxicity free stream, with good information and a balanced view of all the ships (yes... even CVs), you are looking for Mr_ _Gibbins.

Try being toxic in his chat and see what happens to you.

 

Also iChase.

 

Also Ashkance for CV play

 

 

 

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,457
[PVE]
Members
11,071 posts
19,189 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

If you want a toxicity free stream, with good information and a balanced view of all the ships (yes... even CVs), you are looking for Mr_ _Gibbins.

Try being toxic in his chat and see what happens to you.

 

Also iChase.

Mr_Gibbins is the best in my book.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
477
[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
527 posts
6,880 battles

Mr__Gibbins to be honest, he's the only CC I'm watching with some frequency. He's a chill guy, his streams are enjoyable, he's quite helpful to people with questions, the chat is nice as well.. overall really wholesome stream. Can't say the same about the likes of Flamu, too much unnecessary toxicity in a game about pixel boats, all drama and clickbait videos.

  • Cool 5
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
876 posts
5,967 battles

Here’s the thing, ALL CC’S SHOULD BE VIEWED WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. Some focus on facts others focus on feel but they’re all human and they’re really just giving their opinion but they’re human and some times that opinion is either misplaced, misleading, or just plain stupid. I don’t really watch CCs any more because there’s nothing they can provide me that I can’t find myself. Want to know how a future ship is supposed to be played? Look at its stats, it’s all right there. Even peaking at early access ships in testing turns out to be a complete waste of time as the ships always change. This is why I roll my eyes when people on here hold up CCs like they’re the keepers of knowledge. Most are decent in skill level but some are even sub par. I’m glad CCs are there for new players but eventually they need to spread their wings.

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,758
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

I'm mainly looking to CCs for detailed information and angles I might not have considered. 

When the videos about the RU cruiser split came out, they looked ridiculous based on the numbers, that was far more important than any rage in the videos,  But between whatever tweaks were made before release and the fact that the sum of their parts is less than it would have seemed, they're nothing special.   I wish the CCs and other streamers who raged about them early had focused more on the numbers and less on the emotion. 

 

 

 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
382
[XXX]
Members
663 posts
1,658 battles

I'd like to thank all the suggestions so far, Destroyer Kuroboshi Kai is very interesting, watching some of his videos now and he breaks everything down, step by step and definitely worth a watch (currently watching his 'how to shoot undetected targets in cap/smoke video). I'll have to keep an eye out for Mr__Gibbins stream some time. I'm already a subscriber to PointyHairedJedi, so forgot to mention him, he seems alright, he has his biases but he isn't trying to push a narrative (unless you include his readings of the Stornoway gazette when gameplay is slow in which case the narrative is 'not much happens on the Lewis and Harris island' which is fair and funny).

It just unfortunate that, as @Lert mentions, Ragey opinionated clickbaity videos are the order of the day for large CCs because it generates clicks/views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,748
[WOLF8]
Members
8,122 posts
6,782 battles
27 minutes ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

Here’s the thing, ALL CC’S SHOULD BE VIEWED WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. Some focus on facts others focus on feel but they’re all human and they’re really just giving their opinion but they’re human and some times that opinion is either misplaced, misleading, or just plain stupid. I don’t really watch CCs any more because there’s nothing they can provide me that I can’t find myself. Want to know how a future ship is supposed to be played? Look at its stats, it’s all right there. Even peaking at early access ships in testing turns out to be a complete waste of time as the ships always change. This is why I roll my eyes when people on here hold up CCs like they’re the keepers of knowledge. Most are decent in skill level but some are even sub par. I’m glad CCs are there for new players but eventually they need to spread their wings.

Words of Wisdom, right here. Get your dose of words of wisdom for today, right here, people.

Too many people can't form their own opinion, and just follow CC's like a dumb flock of sheep. Some CC's take advantage of that for their own gains, like viewerships and clicks. 'Tis sad, but just a reality of the free market media. :Smile_smile:

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
634
[TNG]
Members
559 posts
11,852 battles
1 hour ago, Meta_Man said:

I make videos and post almost daily, my youtube channel is MetaMan2002 . I watch all those CCs you named and you can see they all strongly dislike CVs besides Toptier. Why is that? Because a lot of them consider themselves DD mains, most of them say it in their videos. Which class is most contained by CVs. Bottom line is they are influencers and if they say something is bad long enough the general population say " hey this strong player I look to for non bias information is downing a certain ship , ship class or praising another. I would guarantee if you could see WG ship sales these CCs influence sales by a lot. 

No it's not because they are DD mains, it's because they're smart enough to see that CVs are a detriment to the overall gameplay and overall balance.

 

It's no coincidence that people who understand game mechanics hate the things.

  • Cool 11
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×