Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Nikolai - Duke Nukem Voice mod - Your a$$ is grass...

8 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,608 posts
19,746 battles

This is a tier 4 match in playing the Imperator Nikolai in a random battle on the New Dawn match with my brother (Thufir) in a division. Both of us installed the Duke Nukem voice mod from ModStation and we had a giggle in the match. 

• Boring 1

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
28 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Cool mod...BUT....pad and seal club much? A division of Nikolai's is not what the game needs at tier 4. 

Incorrect. Tier 4 is not just for new players. It is the tier(s) for early war tech. It just so happens that is near  the entry point for newer players. Most of my games are Tier 10 but I own many low level premium ships and I have every right to play in them as does any other person.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
817 posts
5,697 battles
6 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

Incorrect. Tier 4 is not just for new players. It is the tier(s) for early war tech. It just so happens that is near  the entry point for newer players. Most of my games are Tier 10 but I own many low level premium ships and I have every right to play in them as does any other person.

Of course. But, a division of the most OP ship ever to be put into the game at a lower entry level tier isn't good for the game. I play my Nikolai too on occasion. I'm not going to ever do what HE did. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,597 posts
6 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

Spoken like a true troll.

"I can do what I want, if it drives players away and kills the game, it's not my fault...." :Smile_teethhappy:

• Boring 1

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
12 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Of course. But, a division of the most OP ship ever to be put into the game at a lower entry level tier isn't good for the game. I play my Nikolai too on occasion. I'm not going to ever do what HE did. 

Can you prove it has any detriment to the game? It sounds more like a save the kids dogma. New players have no entitlement to an easy or fair match any more than older players do.

I'm not being argumentative here. There is a serious issue with the culture of new player protections. It's horrible for the game. There is absolutely no reason to protect anyone from anything because the moment the protections are not there they will encounter the same circumstances and they are no more likely to stay at that point as they were initially if they are not of the mentality to stick around. They will be not a bit more prepared when the realities of the game smack them then they were when they first started.

Edited by _Caliph_

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
11 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Spoken like a true troll.

"I can do what I want, if it drives players away and kills the game, it's not my fault...." :Smile_teethhappy:

Dogma and nothing more. You don't speak for new players. You have no idea what they like or dislike. Nor do you have the slightest inkling as to whether anything kills the game.

Low level premiums exist, bought mostly by veterans. Your logic is horribly broken.

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Cool 1

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,608 posts
19,746 battles
46 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Cool mod...BUT....pad and seal club much? A division of Nikolai's is not what the game needs at tier 4. 

6 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I did not design the game. I just play it. I bet you guys are the "kill the messenger" types if the messenger has bad news. 

Sign in to follow this