Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mala_suerte71

About z35

21 comments in this topic

[WOLFA]
Members
266 posts
19,370 battles

At beginning I really believed this ship was bad, but ask a streamer I follow and he replied that the ship is fun, so I buy it because like KMs boats. In summary, the ship is not good but its FUN, cant explain it better, if someone is interested in buy it, just mho. 07 (sorry for my english).

shot-20.07.19_03.21.31-0499.jpg

[-V1-]
Members
107 posts
4,011 battles
3 minutes ago, Mala_suerte71 said:

At beginning I really believed this ship was bad, but ask a streamer I follow and he replied that the ship is fun, so I buy it because like KMs boats. In summary, the ship is not good but its FUN, cant explain it better, if someone is interested in buy it, just mho. 07 (sorry for my english).

shot-20.07.19_03.21.31-0499.jpg

Are the guns alright?

[WOLFA]
Members
266 posts
19,370 battles

Yes, the concealment its the problem, 6.2km. With 5.9 or even 6.0 this ship would shine.

[PHD]
Members
1,311 posts
5,728 battles

From No Zoup for You's video review  it seems like it is a mini Smolensk, hide in smokke and farm fire damage from range.

• Cool 2

[WOLFA]
Members
266 posts
19,370 battles
Just now, GrayPanther2018 said:

From No Zoup for You's video review  it seems like it is a mini Smolensk, hide in smokke and farm fire damage from range.

Im not use AFT, just 12,3 km range with BFT. Is a defensive ship, the short duration smoke its not very useful to farm too much.

[PHD]
Members
1,311 posts
5,728 battles
2 minutes ago, Mala_suerte71 said:

Im not use AFT, just 12,3 km range with BFT. Is a defensive ship, the short duration smoke its not very useful to farm too much.

Watch Zoup's video on YouTube. The smoke is short timed but short cool down too.

I don't remember the exact details, jir was ust my overall impression of the ship.

If you are into KM DDs you might like it.

[KEGEL]
Members
243 posts
10,725 battles
2 hours ago, BearlyHereBear said:

meh

Z-35 is a Christmas crate purchase at best.

If it was exactly like a Z-23 (same concealment & 9.5km Torps) with an extra 128mm gun or two with the quirky Brit smoke, I might have considered purchasing.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,577 posts
33,822 battles

Saw the specs and the WG promo  video. Meh. I have better DDs at the tier. Pass.

[WOLFA]
Members
266 posts
19,370 battles
7 hours ago, BearlyHereBear said:

meh

?? Dont know what your contribution is. The ship its "meh", write this, I think, in my post, but fun. Anything to comment about that?

And yes, 6km torps.

2 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Saw the specs and the WG promo  video. Meh. I have better DDs at the tier. Pass.

Yes, agreed, are many DDs better, but I have fun with this because gunnery, fast smoke and challenge. Thanks for post. :cap_win:

Im not telling others buy this ship, just tell others my opinion, ITS NOT a good boat. Bad concealment, relative slow and VERY short torps range. But its fun and I enjoy it. :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by Mala_suerte71
  • Boring 1

[REAL]
Members
3 posts
10,889 battles
On 7/19/2020 at 2:43 AM, Mala_suerte71 said:

If you have superintendent then your smoke total time is about 5 mins (7 smokes times 40 secs each)  Add the German super commander and due to the amount of shell hits the command perk will activate allowing your reload time to decrease, combine that with AR BFT, AFT and you do have a little smolensk

[DOG]
Members
972 posts
11,069 battles
On 7/19/2020 at 2:39 AM, GrayPanther2018 said:

Yeah, that was my takeaway also.  You can practically chain smoke, with only 20 seconds in the open between each iteration, and spam HE from outside radar range.  The only problem is that a Z-35 will use a DD slot on your team, and if you spend the whole match spamming at long range from inside smoke, you're not spotting or capping, and you actually require a team mate to spot for you.  And the torps are essentially useless, except to deter people from rushing your smoke.

[WOLFA]
Members
266 posts
19,370 battles
10 hours ago, Jdelgado20005 said:

If you have superintendent then your smoke total time is about 5 mins (7 smokes times 40 secs each)  Add the German super commander and due to the amount of shell hits the command perk will activate allowing your reload time to decrease, combine that with AR BFT, AFT and you do have a little smolensk

But you cant let enemy Dd cap without, at last, try to contest, and just go full cruiser, 140 hits its not easy, even with 14km range (and not like it). For me its not a mini-smolenk, just a KM DD with different play style. And surprisingly, hit some torps frequently.

9 hours ago, zubalkabir said:

Yeah, that was my takeaway also.  You can practically chain smoke, with only 20 seconds in the open between each iteration, and spam HE from outside radar range.  The only problem is that a Z-35 will use a DD slot on your team, and if you spend the whole match spamming at long range from inside smoke, you're not spotting or capping, and you actually require a team mate to spot for you.  And the torps are essentially useless, except to deter people from rushing your smoke.

I m not playing the Z35 like this, you can support your teammate DD, if has better concealment, and hydro do some good work,. Only asashio-kagero-british DDs have enough concealment to turn in time, 5,8-5,9 its not enough if you let enemy DD go in first on cap.

Thanks for the advice anyway, maybe train some cpt to just go full gunboat. o7 (sorry for my english).

[WOLF6]
Members
428 posts
3,382 battles

@GrayPanther2018, @Mala_suerte71,

I found Zoup's video/review to be a bit of a rough example, as he played it just as some have noted here, like a smoke cruiser.  It's not really a smoke cruiser, though.  It's a DD.

Check out this video from European CC Carbine Carlito.  He plays a much more conventional DD game, while still using the Z-35s strengths to contest a cap.  He then makes good use of the "useless torps".  The video also shows his build.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
25,623 posts
22,583 battles

It looks like a DD wholly dependent on trying to farm with guns.  But doesn't quite go fast to be a gunboat, and German DD smoke is awful.  Short active time, trash smoke duration, bad cooldown time.

[G0ATS]
Members
352 posts
9,279 battles

if you gonna buy a premium tier 8 dd there is better dd out there to buy.

The devs got too cute for a gimmick and picked a stupid gimmick for the german tier 8 premium dd, making it in a seem weaker

If they had made it a normal premium german dd, it would have been fine but in search of a gimmick they decided to go stupid gimmick cuz its not a russian ship.

The stupid gimmick being short range defensive torps, and short creeping uk smoke.

They would have sold more if they had given it 4 normal smoke and regular 8.5-10km torps. 

In the world of radar and cv short smoke and defensive torps are not gonna cut it for a dd.

Guns are normal, slightly faster than z-23 with 3km more range but given short range defensive torps.

In terms of people saying the subjective remark of it seems to start more fires,  no proven basis of fact.  It has a base fire chance of 6 percent on he shell, the same as the z-23 tech tree german dd.

So saying it starts alot of fires and is fun is like saying well i got nothing else good about it to say so I will say it seems to start alot of fires with no basis or comparision to the tech tree dd that has the same fire chance.

Edited by The_Ice_Cream_Man_

[G0ATS]
Members
352 posts
9,279 battles

its like someone asking you to complement a girl you dont find attractive, so you just say she is nice.  thats the same as looking for  something to say and say its fun or seems to start alot of fires.

the simple reality is you dont see alot of them in game in randoms even, even though they were just released and sold in the premium shop.

if it was a good dd you would see alot of them, but you dont.

So it tells you how good it is, simply that no one is playing them.

Edited by The_Ice_Cream_Man_

[DDMAF]
Members
2,807 posts
16,070 battles
2 hours ago, ZoomieG said:

@GrayPanther2018, @Mala_suerte71,

I found Zoup's video/review to be a bit of a rough example, as he played it just as some have noted here, like a smoke cruiser.  It's not really a smoke cruiser, though.  It's a DD.

Check out this video from European CC Carbine Carlito.  He plays a much more conventional DD game, while still using the Z-35s strengths to contest a cap.  He then makes good use of the "useless torps".  The video also shows his build.

Carlito is unbelievably good in DDs. This is a great example of how to just play DD well, regardless of the ship. 

Here, he plays it like a mid-tier USN DD that also happens to have Akizuki reload.

Edited by legozer

[WOLF3]
Members
25,623 posts
22,583 battles
1 hour ago, The_Ice_Cream_Man_ said:

its like someone asking you to complement a girl you dont find attractive, so you just say she is nice.  thats the same as looking for  something to say and say its fun or seems to start alot of fires.

the simple reality is you dont see alot of them in game in randoms even, even though they were just released and sold in the premium shop.

if it was a good dd you would see alot of them, but you dont.

So it tells you how good it is, simply that no one is playing them.

Am I the only one that remembers Poltava?

:Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this