You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralQ

Why CV's and AA need to be looked at again

34 comments in this topic

[T-R-F]
Members
596 posts
17,088 battles

fully agree with this guy. it's ridiculous how AA is in this game. also note which was is missed. as a surface ship gets hit they slowly lose that AA so even weaker time against a CV who now has unlimited planes. the rework was a joke and should not have been done. that was not they way to deal with the issue.

Note I bought texas before rework. her selling point was her AA...that is now a joke. somebody in the comments of the vid said that NEW YORK, the tech tree version of Texas has better AA overall thanks to the rework.

he need to rollback this rework and do something different. how about add a tutorial of the old RTS style and not fixed squad loadouts.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,430 posts
14,165 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

:cap_popcorn:

Yep, I stopped reading at unlimited planes which is not true and anyone that had put some time into them would know.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2

[WOLFC]
Members
1,662 posts
9,465 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralQ said:

fully agree with this guy. it's ridiculous how AA is in this game. also note which was is missed. as a surface ship gets hit they slowly lose that AA so even weaker time against a CV who now has unlimited planes.

And this is where I stopped. :cap_old:

Edited by Nevermore135

[SPTR]
Members
3,870 posts
789 battles

You have much experience with CVs to be saying they're unlimited planes?

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles

Needs to be shown while actually playing a carrier really. Some fair points though.

Edited by Sumseaman

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,430 posts
14,165 battles
26 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

And this where I stopped. :cap_old:

I finished the sentence so saw the unlimited planes lie but complaining about AA degrading as the ship takes damage is way out there.

[T-R-F]
Members
596 posts
17,088 battles
28 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I finished the sentence so saw the unlimited planes lie but complaining about AA degrading as the ship takes damage is way out there.

they are unlimited. for they regen. in the old days there was a limited amount. so No not a lie

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,631 posts
4,997 battles
Just now, AdmiralQ said:

they are unlimited. for they regen. in the old days there was a limited amount. so No not a lie

If they were actually unlimited you could use whatever type of squadron you wanted whenever you wanted and it would always be at full strength.  As this is not the case then they are not unlimited.

[SPTR]
Members
3,870 posts
789 battles
13 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

They're as unlimited as HP on a ship with repair...

[T-R-F]
Members
596 posts
17,088 battles
Just now, 6Xero9 said:

They're as unlimited as HP on a ship with repair...

you clearly don't play them. they are UNLIMITED

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,430 posts
14,165 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

But the match is time limited so they are limited. Lose enough planes and you will be sending up short squadrons for the rest of the match. At tier 10 it is 74 seconds to bring a plane up so regenerating a completely destroyed squadron on the Midway will take from 11.1 minutes for fighters and torpedo bombers to 14.8 minutes for the dive bombers.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,870 posts
789 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralQ said:

you clearly don't play them. they are UNLIMITED

I play them more than you...

[T-R-F]
Members
596 posts
17,088 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

But the match is time limited so they are limited. Lose enough planes and you will be sending up short squadrons for the rest of the match. At tier 10 it is 74 seconds to bring a plane up so regenerating a completely destroyed squadron on the Midway will take from 11.1 minutes for fighters and torpedo bombers to 14.8 minutes for the dive bombers.

still unlimited. maybe not full strength but still unlimited. where as AA can be destroyed  and not regen. add in the AA not beign effective as it should just adds to it.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,027 posts
5,943 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Yep, I stopped reading at unlimited planes which is not true and anyone that had put some time into them would know.

Planes are just as unlimited as torps are and as artillery is for that matter.  It's just different cooldowns.

Seem to recall having this conversation before. 

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,027 posts
5,943 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralQ said:

still unlimited. maybe not full strength but still unlimited. where as AA can be destroyed  and not regen. add in the AA not beign effective as it should just adds to it.

They're just trying to play the willful ignorance card.  Or the standard issue ignorance card.  However it may apply.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,027 posts
5,943 battles

And, where torps are gone and wasted 99% of the time, planes can be conserved for multiple passes using all the various features at your disposal including skill.

So, technically, planes are much more unlimited than anything else......

[SPTR]
Members
3,870 posts
789 battles
Just now, CommodoreKang said:

So, technically, planes are much more unlimited than anything else......

Planes are more unlimited than Atlanta's shells? Well, I see that you're just all-in on being anti-CV no matter what to the point of just not making sense...

[CLUMP]
Members
825 posts
1,168 battles

Unlimited planes really

ZXYwSwP.gif

On CV each plane regenerates between forty seconds to a minute per plane there are 15 minutes in a match :Smile_popcorn:So I would have to wait for at least 3 to 8 minutes to get full squadron too regenerated depending the CV :Smile_teethhappy: So yes we have unlimited planes if we wait long enough but guess what though the enemy teams won't wait for us to regenerated those planes :Smile_hiding: Also one or two planes won't do squat against AA :Smile_sad:

Edited by LastRemnant

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,027 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, LastRemnant said:

Unlimited planes really

ZXYwSwP.gif

On CV each plane regenerates between forty seconds to a minute per plane there are 15 minutes in a match :Smile_popcorn:So I would have to wait for at least 3 to 8 minutes to get full squadron too regenerated :Smile_teethhappy: So yes we have unlimited planes if wait long enough but guess what though the enemy teams won't wait for us to regenerated those planes :Smile_hiding: Also one or two planes won't do squat against AA :Smile_sad:

How long are shima's torp cooldowns?  Gotta think its more than 40 seconds.  And you fire those things and they are gone.  You can't just fly them around and find a nice juicy target that you can hit without losing too many planes or maybe even none at all. 

So, planes are unlimited AND you can reuse them.  And AA doesn't regenerate.  Once it's dead, it's dead.   Another way, unlimited planes are even more unlimited as opposed to your target's defenses.

[SPTR]
Members
3,870 posts
789 battles
1 minute ago, CommodoreKang said:

How long are shima's torp cooldowns?

150s, for torpedoes that do 21-23.8k damage per hit. My GZ needs 144 seconds for two TBs that drop torps that do 5333 damage each.

• Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
825 posts
1,168 battles
7 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

How long are shima's torp cooldowns?  Gotta think its more than 40 seconds.  And you fire those things and they are gone.  You can't just fly them around and find a nice juicy target that you can hit without losing too many planes or maybe even none at all. 

So, planes are unlimited AND you can reuse them.  And AA doesn't regenerate.  Once it's dead, it's dead.   Another way, unlimited planes are even more unlimited as opposed to your target's defenses.

Dude my point is once you lose those planes there gone waiting for them to regenerated is pointless :Smile_sceptic: Once the CV is deplaned that's it match is pretty much over the CV :Smile-_tongue: Unlike other ships cannons torp launchers get damage use a repair kit or eventually it gets to repair itself but a CV can do that to have its planes magically recover again :Smile_teethhappy:    Seriously people whining or that hate CVs should actually play them instead making exaggerated claims or saying things they know nothing about :Smile_unsure:

Edited by LastRemnant

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,027 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, 6Xero9 said:

150s, for torpedoes that do 21-23.8k damage per hit. My GZ needs 144 seconds for two TBs that drop torps that do 5333 damage each.

When you account for the 99% miss rate of dumb torps, you're still miles ahead with those unlimited planes. 

• Boring 2

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
3 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Dude my point is once you lose those planes there gone waiting for them to regenerated is pointless :Smile_sceptic: Once the CV is deplaned that's it match is pretty much over the CV :Smile-_tongue: Unlike other ships cannons torp launchers get damage use a repair kit or eventually it gets to repair itself but a CV can do that to have its planes magically recover again :Smile_teethhappy:    Seriously people whining or that hate CVs should actually play them instead making exaggerated claims or saying things they know nothing about :Smile_unsure:

Not always true, surface ships can get their armaments completely destroyed with no chance of using them the rest of the battle. Have had my Gearing majorly stripped of armaments a few times, had my IJN CAs lose all their torpedoes launchers. So the the point is CVs still have it better than surface ships which also have to put their HP on the line to attack which CVs often do not have to do.

• Confused 1