Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HMGKPred

Modules for german cv Weser

6 comments in this topic

[FNGSX]
Members
71 posts
4,308 battles

Hiya folks, more importantly for the 3rd and 4th slot, unsure what would be the best extra seconds for the planes on aim for the 3rd slot and which ones to give the extra HP for the 4th, i guess the ap bombers is best since this will be how the ship will get most of its damage? since the torps do little damage or not that much, thoughts???

[RLGN]
Members
14,265 posts
25,099 battles

If you can somehow use bombers without getting them slaughtered, then go for it.

As for me; all armor goes to my torpedo bombers. Anything else is just wasted effort.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,342 posts
6,237 battles

IMHO, the torpedo bombers of the tech tree German CV's have their role switched with the rocket planes; that is, they have weak but fast torpedoes that are supposedly (:Smile_smile:) for catching DD's... whereas their rockets are AP, hence meant for bigger targets, mainly cruisers.

That being said, I believe their true bread and butter is their dive bombers. They are bit wonky to use, but they can pack quite a punch when aimed correctly. So for the 4th slot I went for the dive bomber one.

I personally found none of the plane aim module on the 3rd slot to be that useful, as I could barely tell the difference with and without... but maybe that's just me. Instead, I put the Secondary module (lol :Smile_trollface:) on it, because, with the exception of Rhein, the German CV's actually have secondaries that are worth considering... but again, that's just me, lel. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

Please take my post not with a grain of salt, but with a grain of sugar instead, as it is just my opinion. Thank you, lul. :fish_cute_2:

My two high-altitude AP dive bombs... lal. :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Supertester
33 posts
3,714 battles

Third slot has always been personal preferences. I go torp speed on slot 3 and then DB hp on slot 4 for Rhein, Weser, and Parseval ^^

• Cool 2

[FNGSX]
Members
71 posts
4,308 battles

i tested the basic rocket aim time and went for torpedo bombers hp, so far its working but just having a hard time aiming correctly, but i am keen on getting better, i assume the torpedo acceleration skill is not needed for these right?? so best to do something else

[WPORT]
Members
5,407 posts
10,457 battles

After looking at the Weser wiki page....
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Weser

I'd probably set-up the Weser to be a CV more than a secondary battery brawler, especially if I were short on available Captain's Skill points (nine or less).

I would attempt to increase the aircraft engine boost time, to cover the map faster and/or pull tighter maneuvers by slowing the planes down as needed.
Whatever planes I prefer to use the most often, would probably get an HP boost.
I'd live with the stock torpedo speed and adjust my aim accordingly.
The 20% boost in speed of aircraft returning to the CV is tempting.  But keeping my AA & Secondary batteries at 100% to fend off incoming enemy aircraft is also tempting.  So, whatever a player prefers on their ship is good.

Researching the improved hull and planes is desirable.

As a Tier-6 CV, Weser seems capable and comparable to other CV's of same tier.  She's got a German flavor, but doesn't have enough guns to go looking for a knife-fight with another ship (except perhaps vs. a de-planed Saipan?).

As CV's go, she's fast (32 knots).  

I look forward to playing her.

Sign in to follow this