You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

German Carriers 1 - Yup

16 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,529 posts

In addition to all the German containers I ground out prior to today, I finished and collected nine containers today. What did I get? 

Not much as far as I'm concerned. Two days of premium total but most of the containers presented me with 15 flags of this, or that, or the other thing. 
To date, the only carrier I obtained was the T4, which came inside the third or fourth container. 

I realize many of you have not even received the T4 mission, which entails a bit of grinding before you get the carrier. Then you grind some more missions for the Iron Cross camo. Fun fact - the T4 is useless after that as the rest of the grinding requires Tiers 5 - 10. 

IMO it is too much grinding for too little return. I don't know how many total containers I've opened since it began but I'll bet it is close to 15. 

Hope your fortunes are better than mind! 

• Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles
Just now, Herr_Reitz said:

In addition to all the German containers I ground out prior to today, I finished and collected nine containers today. What did I get? 

Not much as far as I'm concerned. Two days of premium total but most of the containers presented me with 15 flags of this, or that, or the other thing. 
To date, the only carrier I obtained was the T4, which came inside the third or fourth container. 

I realize many of you have not even received the T4 mission, which entails a bit of grinding before you get the carrier. Then you grind some more missions for the Iron Cross camo. Fun fact - the T4 is useless after that as the rest of the grinding requires Tiers 5 - 10. 

IMO it is too much grinding for too little return. I don't know how many total containers I've opened since it began but I'll bet it is close to 15. 

Nothing but flags for me as well. I have rotten luck when it comes to these pre-release lines. The only pre-release line ship i ever managed to actually get was the Gangut for the RU BB.

[WOLF7]
Members
231 posts

Finished the 8,000 base XP mission and got the Tier 4 German CV and a 3 point Captain. Haven't tried it out yet, though. I didn't find the Langley to be interesting, but maybe this will be. 

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
20 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

From only opening the Free German CV containers, I the tier 8 German CV mission, then the tier 6 mission, and now have gotten the tier 4 mission. Lol honestly if WG thinks they are going to get my to equip all of those things with modules and proper captains they are crazy! Particularly when I don’t use CVs much in the first place. But at least it will help get my higher status in ship collectors emblems lol.

I just mainly prefer BBs, CAs, DDs, at least some CLs.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles
26 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

You are doing a heck of a lot better on this than I am. After opening 12 containers, 10 from directives and 2 from the daily login I have not gotten one CV. Personally I would like to see the early release ships changed to rentals so people have to level the old fashioned way but that is me.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,522 posts
10,532 battles

I'm still trying to complete the Odin dockyard missions.  Getting a German CV mission after ten or eleven German CV crates (only one of which paid for with doubloons) eventually netted me the Tier-4 CV Rhein.

I've had a few more German CV crates since then, but they've not yielded more missions for one of the other CV's.

That's okay.  I'm happy with one.  And I'll grind the rest in the tech-tree later (I hope).

I'm still trying to grind the Odin dockyard event.  The German CV's, while desirable, are a side-quest. 
I'm hoping to complete objectives for each event simultaneously while playing with an eye towards satisfying the dockyard directives.

Good luck to all players.  :-)

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

Could be my situation, with the Tokens to get the tier X camo for Hindenburg, Z-52, or GK walled behind ships I  literally can't play. 

(Yay motion sickness.)

[D3BT]
Members
371 posts
6,199 battles

The tier 4 isn't even fun to play.

They came up with some really weird aiming system for the rockets and bombs, and what makes matters even worse is that the planes are barely controllable when it counts. If this new system of krappy plane control and rockets or bombs that aren't easy to aim anymore is a precursor to the higher tier German CV's, then no thanks to them either. I guess they are trying to drive players away from CV's in the future?

So I will reiterate: The tier 4 is no fun to play, don't even bother getting the directive.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,082 posts
8,934 battles

Amazingly I got the Tier IV KM CV mission this evening. Although a Captain comes with her it is not obvious what point level this Captain has nor can I find it in the News articles. Any information as to this point level? (Thanks)

[WOLF7]
Members
231 posts
5 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

Amazingly I got the Tier IV KM CV mission this evening. Although a Captain comes with her it is not obvious what point level this Captain has nor can I find it in the News articles. Any information as to this point level? (Thanks)

The captain I got with the Rhein (tier 4) was a 3 point captain. Also, don't forget to select the hull upgrade module (it's free). 

• Thanks 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,529 posts

Well congrats to those who don't play carriers but got all three missions. :cap_haloween: Makes you wonder if the data will show "players have a declining interest in carriers. We must buff them!" :cap_old:

• Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,082 posts
8,934 battles
10 hours ago, HamAndCheez said:

The captain I got with the Rhein (tier 4) was a 3 point captain. Also, don't forget to select the hull upgrade module (it's free). 

Thanks and darn I was hoping to maybe get a 10-point Captain out of this.....silly me....

[WPORT]
Members
5,522 posts
10,532 battles
20 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

Thanks and darn I was hoping to maybe get a 10-point Captain out of this.....silly me....

The grind for the first 3 skill points (to get to 6 skill points) isn't that bad.
If you have enough signal flags & camo (such as "Back to School" camo) that provide Ship-XP and Commander-XP and Free-XP bonuses, the grind to 9 skill points will be bearable.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,082 posts
8,934 battles
27 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The grind for the first 3 skill points (to get to 6 skill points) isn't that bad.
If you have enough signal flags & camo (such as "Back to School" camo) that provide Ship-XP and Commander-XP and Free-XP bonuses, the grind to 9 skill points will be bearable.

Thanks and I agree with your thoughts....I was just being greedy and lazy....my normal state of mind.....

• Funny 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,522 posts
10,532 battles
1 hour ago, DJC_499 said:

Thanks and I agree with your thoughts....I was just being greedy and lazy....my normal state of mind.....

Back to "course one-four-zero", then.  :cap_like:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,529 posts

Well my greedy self is done with the friggin' German Carriers Mark 1. In fact, I'm done with the rest of the active missions as well. Any time I spend now until the next release will be with Kaga, Rhein, Kremlin and Odin. 

Stuff the missions. I have opened every one of the "free" ones for one, piddly T4 Rhein - whose only saving grace is introducing me to the particularly ugly targeting systems of her aircraft. 

I can seriously wait for that upgrade. it is going to be nasty ugly. 

GL for those of you still willing to grind those containers. :cap_like: