You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Garmra

Event Ships (ARP, AL, HSF, Black...)

11 comments in this topic

[-5CF-]
Members
1 post
1,773 battles

What you guys think about the idea to bring premium event ships to modified Tech Tree? Like the ARP ships or Missouri, Musashi, HSF Harekaze. But for Doubloons instead of freeXP. 

• Haha 1

[RLGN]
Members
13,730 posts
23,956 battles

Main issue would be rights related to collabs. If those were dealt with, sure, why not?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[WOLF8]
Members
7,108 posts
6,095 battles
1 hour ago, Garmra said:

What you guys think about the idea to bring premium event ships to modified Tech Tree? Like the ARP ships or Missouri, Musashi, HSF Harekaze. But for Doubloons instead of freeXP. 

Missouri and Musashi aren't collab ships, so technically speaking, WG can bring them back at anytime. It's just that they have other reasons (lol balans) for not offering them for purchase anymore.

So are the Black Friday ships. They're just same as the regular ones but with a festive (supposedly, lel) camos... that's all. They aren't offered right now because the whole idea behind these ships are purely seasonal.

However, not so for those... "collab" ships (calling them as Event ship is NOT accurate). The ARP, HSF, AL, and even WH40K... are Intellectual Properties of other entities, and only reason why those things are even in WoWs is because WG and those IP holders form contracts to hold collaborations. I suppose they could've been implemented permanently... but my guess is that the contracts only allow them for a limited period, and once that period expires WG is NOT allowed to offer them for purchase, in any shape or form. So no, I don't think that we'll ever see them in some modified tech tree in the Armory, or anything like that.

Don't get me wrong, I would also love to see those collab ships being offered again for longer time, so more people can have access to them at anytime (because if you miss the collab period then you're pretty much boned until there's another one in the future, lul), but given the track record of the collabs that came and went for this game, I highly think that anything like that is just a pipe dream... sorry to say, lal.

Edited by Blorgh2017
lol grammar

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
25 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Missouri and Musashi aren't collab ships, so technically speaking, WG can bring them back at anytime. It's just that they have other reasons (lol balans) for not offering them for purchase anymore.

So are the Black Friday ships. They're just same as the regular ones but with a festive (supposedly, lel) camos... that's all. They aren't offered right now because the whole idea behind these ships are purely seasonal.

However, not so for those... "collab" ships (calling them as Event ship is NOT accurate). The ARP, HSF, AL, and even WH40K... are Intellectual Properties of other entities, and only reason why those things are even in WoWs is because WG and those IP holders form contracts to hold collaborations. I suppose they could've been implemented permanently... but my guess is that the contracts only allow them for a limited period, and once that period expires WG is NOT allowed to offer them for purchase, in any shape or form. So no, I don't think that we'll ever see them in some modified tech tree in the Armory, or anything like that.

Don't get me wrong, I would also love to see those collab ships being offered again for longer time, so more people can have access to them at anytime (because if you miss the collab period then you're pretty much boned until there's another one in the future, lul), but given the track record of the collabs that came and went for this game, I highly doubt anything like that is just a pipe dream... sorry to say, lal.

Oddly enough when they made the ARP ships premiums...the 1st line of the article about it was, "out collaboration w/ARP continues..." as if it never ended.

I do know that during the ARP events they were working on trying to get subs in the game so they could also offer the ARP subs (whether as event ships or for purchase was unknown) so maybe the ARP guys have been working w/them behind the scenes on the subs & maybe another chance to get the ARP ships might happen again after the subs are introduced.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,108 posts
6,095 battles
25 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Oddly enough when they made the ARP ships premiums...the 1st line of the article about it was, "out collaboration w/ARP continues..." as if it never ended.

I do know that during the ARP events they were working on trying to get subs in the game so they could also offer the ARP subs (whether as event ships or for purchase was unknown) so maybe the ARP guys have been working w/them behind the scenes on the subs & maybe another chance to get the ARP ships might happen again after the subs are introduced.

I call that sentence a "marketing gimmick," lol. Ultimately, they're trying to make a sales pitch, to nudge as many people to open up their wallets... lel.

As for the possible ARP subs, I would agree. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another ARP collaboration in the future, for selling few ARP subs. Definitely.

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
2 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I call that sentence a "marketing gimmick," lol. Ultimately, they're trying to make a sales pitch, to nudge as many people to open up their wallets... lel.

As for the possible ARP subs, I would agree. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another ARP collaboration in the future, for selling few ARP subs. Definitely.

I might be mistaken...as I don't follow animes usually (& if I am mistaken this whole assumption is moot)...but I do believe there is more than 1 sub in ARP...& if so they may have 1 premium & an event for the other w/missions for the premium to make the event go quicker (there usual event MO) if that is the case.

Members
4,246 posts
9,269 battles
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I might be mistaken...as I don't follow animes usually (& if I am mistaken this whole assumption is moot)...but I do believe there is more than 1 sub in ARP...& if so they may have 1 premium & an event for the other w/missions for the premium to make the event go quicker (there usual event MO) if that is the case.

I-401 was the submarine that the mental model Iona inhabited and controlled as an extension of her self.

There were sister-submarines in the anime, but they were of the same class & design.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Arpeggio of Blue Steel marketing collaboration happening again and the I-401 becoming available as a premium submarine for my Commander Iona (welcomed during the most recent ARP collaboration).

I enjoy the anime cross-over marketing collaborations.

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I-401 was the submarine that the mental model Iona inhabited and controlled as an extension of her self.

There were sister-submarines in the anime, but they were of the same class & design.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Arpeggio of Blue Steel marketing collaboration happening again and the I-401 becoming available as a premium submarine for my Commander Iona (welcomed during the most recent ARP collaboration).

I enjoy the anime cross-over marketing collaborations.

Got it...thank for clarification.

Members
4,246 posts
9,269 battles
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Got it...thank for clarification.

You're welcome.  :-)

I hope you get the chance to watch the anime shows.  I enjoyed them.  :-)

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
37 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

You're welcome.  :-)

I hope you get the chance to watch the anime shows.  I enjoyed them.  :-)

I'd never watch them...or any anime...on my own but I have friends (1 in particular that knows my tastes & chooses accordingly) that watch anime & have seen quite a few that are pretty good that friends have turned me onto (the Gate was my favorite but only seen the 1st season of it when it 1st came out).

Have seen a few other good ones but don't recall the names of them (1 was a parody of another 1 that I hadn't seen but the parody was hilarious).

None of my friends watched ARP so haven't seen it.

Never would watch any of the made for/translated for US TV ones (except Speed Racer...grew up on that one) as they are all way too childish & highly divergent from the originals for my tastes.

US edits/alters to include the mainstream religion PC "morals" that have nothing to do w/the originals & changes the story completely.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
4,246 posts
9,269 battles
3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I'd never watch them...or any anime...on my own but I have friends (1 in particular that knows my tastes & chooses accordingly) that watch anime & have seen quite a few that are pretty good that friends have turned me onto (the Gate was my favorite but only seen the 1st season of it when it 1st came out).

Have seen a few other good ones but don't recall the names of them (1 was a parody of another 1 that I hadn't seen but the parody was hilarious).

None of my friends watched ARP so haven't seen it.

Never would watch any of the made for/translated for US TV ones (except Speed Racer...grew up on that one) as they are all way too childish & highly divergent from the originals for my tastes.

US edits/alters to include the mainstream religion PC "morals" that have nothing to do w/the originals & changes the story completely.

Understandable.

It is one of the reasons I watch the subtitled versions much of the time.
Learn a language and see the translations that are closer to the original meanings.