You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VonSchoenvorts

BOT [edited]

13 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
6,466 battles

What the Hell is this stupid sh*t?! Why are bots in random battles at low tiers? It says specifically that random battles are for playing against REAL players, if I wanted to play bots I'd play co-op. I have plenty of high tier [edited] but I enjoy playing all tiers, but I don't want to play with or against bots. I hope they fix this stupidity. 

• Haha 3
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,782 battles
2 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

What the Hell is this stupid sh*t?! Why are bots in random battles at low tiers? It says specifically that random battles are for playing against REAL players, if I wanted to play bots I'd play co-op. I have plenty of high tier [edited] but I enjoy playing all tiers, but I don't want to play with or against bots. I hope they fix this stupidity. 

Not enough population at lower tiers, everyone is concentrated at higher tiers... Its WG fault for this debacle.

• Cool 1

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
230 posts
6,903 battles

shot-20_07.17_23_02.48-0423.thumb.jpg.5c90595f3bf9c798a2c75f81944693ad.jpg

"Maximum waiting time for a Random Battle is not limited.
Vacant places will be distributed among bots."
Yes WG has ruined low tiers with the CV spam, causing said vacant places, since no one wants to play against them. But that doesn't excuse your lack of reading comprehension. Bots can be in randoms.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,310 posts
8,468 battles

15 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

Why are bots in random battles at low tiers?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-096-german-carriers/

From the news article linked above:

“When playing low-tier ships (Tiers I through V) in Random Battles, teams often entered battle with an incomplete roster. Such a situation could occur due to the fact that most of the activity in our game take place at higher tiers. Now, if the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes, the remaining places in the teams will be occupied by bots.

In Tier I–IV battles, bots are equal in strength to the bots in Co-op Battles.

In Tier V battles, bots have received improved AI and fight at the skill level of those in Operations.”

and:

“Matchmaker Changes in Low-Tier Random Battles

In Tier I–V Random Battles, bots will be added until complete teams are formed if the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes. A battle will only be matched if the general queue contains at least one pair of players playing ships of the same tier.

If players have ships of different types, then after 3 minutes of waiting in the queue, they will be mirrored by bot ships of the same types and tiers, and the teams will be complemented with bots within the limits for ship types and tiers for this particular battle tier. It means each team will have the same number of bots.

A visual notification about the maximum waiting time and possibility of matching bots to the battle has been added to the battle loading screen.”

• Thanks 1

[SYN]
Members
5,875 posts
13,296 battles
22 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

:Smile_teethhappy:  Everyone knows why bots are now filling queues in low-tier random battles.  It's just that some people aren't prepared to admit it, including some at WG.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
20 posts
6,466 battles

Thank you Thanos_Snap_ , my reading comprehension is just fine smart guy, I did miss that message in the loading screen simply because I wasn't paying attention. Doesn't change the fact that the description for random battles says "Play against real players", or did you miss that part? My point is bots should NOT be in randoms. Not every battle needs to be 12 on 12, I enjoy smaller battles just as much.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,659 posts
13,997 battles
20 minutes ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

shot-20_07.17_23_02.48-0423.thumb.jpg.5c90595f3bf9c798a2c75f81944693ad.jpg

"Maximum waiting time for a Random Battle is not limited.
Vacant places will be distributed among bots."
Yes WG has ruined low tiers with the CV spam, causing said vacant places, since no one wants to play against them. But that doesn't excuse your lack of reading comprehension. Bots can be in randoms.

While the waiting time is unlimited after five minutes the MM will force a match with what is available.

CV's only bother me when I am playing ships with little or no AA which means tier 3, 4, and some tier 5 ships.

[SALVO]
Members
3,355 posts
3,274 battles
27 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

You are still playing against humans, bot are filler, scenery, consumables to be used. You still are playing against humans, it is just a game mode with automated defense turrets and attack drones. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,296 posts
14,500 battles

I don’t have a problem with bots in lower tiers. It’s basically a better paying coop

• Funny 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,183 posts
5,947 battles
11 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

Capt_Ahab1776that's great, but as for myself (and I'm sure I'm not alone) I have no interest in playing bots. Bots belong in co-op with you.

Well then play higher tiers....I mean what Dafuq does it take to get through Tier 1-4 2 hours?  

Members
20 posts
6,466 battles

iRA6EI do play higher tiers, that's not the issue at hand. I get bored playing the same ships over and over and over and every once in awhile I like to play the ships of the lower tiers. 

• Boring 1

[O7]
Members
1,470 posts
10,421 battles

cv rework was a success!