Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptChico

Bots in Random matches??? really??

23 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
433 posts
9,180 battles

When did random Tiers III, IV and V matches become "Co-op"? When did Bots start showing up at these tiers? Been back at tier IV trying out the new German Tier IV CV and i have to say i cant remember when was the last match i played with a full team of players and no Bots.

Has the low tier population gotten so bad the MM cant even fill a match with really players?

Besides the fact that bots at these tiers has really ruined playing in this tier range, and i very much have enjoyed playing in those tiers in the past. This also has me scared. I mean if WG can't even recruit enough new players to fill tier III, IV matches on regular bases  that cant be good for the state of the game. Or if WG is so interested in getting new players to fly through the low tiers in order to get new players into the high mid tiers to top tiers this is also a bad sign and may be why the level of mid to end tier play has gotten so very bad.

Also I don't know how i feel about having my Random WR now tied to matches that may also have BOTs in them. I feel random WR and stats should not have to be based on the actions of AI (BOTs). 

How do you all feel about that?

• Haha 2

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,358 posts
20,047 battles

And the hens have come back to roost for WG,

Since the spreadsheets all that matters then why did everybody abandoned the lower tiers?

Hmmmm

Maybe just maybe a flight simulator in a ship game really is unfun to play against

• Cool 5

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles

people dont like playing against cv??? WHAT??? 

its so sad to see the game at this state for the sake of wargaming refusing to admit the rework was a failure. 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
433 posts
9,180 battles
17 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

And the hens have come back to roost for WG,

Since the spreadsheets all that matters then why did everybody abandoned the lower tiers?

Hmmmm

Maybe just maybe a flight simulator in a ship game really is unfun to play against

Although I may disagree with your thoughts on CVs.

My post was not focused on CVs in low tier but rather BOTs in low tiers . Feel free to look up my stats. My enjoyment or rather my past enjoyment for low tier play came from playing all ship types. currently i have also been playing DDs the Romulus and Klas Horn. To be honest i would play them more if not for the current sad state of low tier play due to BOTs.

Members
3,755 posts
23,311 battles
2 minutes ago, CaptChico said:

My post was not CV concentric. Feel free to look up my stats. My enjoyment or rather my past enjoyment for low tier play came from playing all ship types. currently i have also been playing DDs the Romulus and Klas Horn. To be honest i would play them more if not for the current sad state of low tier play due to BOTs.

They added bots this last patch after many complained they didn't want 4 v 4 matches in randoms.

Bots represent more XP so you should welcome them as you're not getting the economic nerf that goes with playing in coop.

[O_O]
Members
6,439 posts
15,339 battles
21 minutes ago, CaptChico said:

Has the low tier population gotten so bad the MM cant even fill a match with really players?

Also I don't know how i feel about having my Random WR now tied to matches that may also have BOTs in them. I feel random WR and stats should not have to be based on the actions of AI (BOTs). 

Yes, low tier populations are that bad.  Yes, WG wants players to grind quickly to tier 6+.  Yes, I think this is also bad for the game.  There is some simpler, fun game play at low tiers, but WG has squeezed all of the population into higher tiers, so you would typically wait 4-5 minutes for a 3v3 or 4v4 game nearly all the time.

My WR% in Co-op against bots is 98.01%.

My WR% in Random is 57.48%.  Maybe I should play low tiers more to pad my stats!

LOL, oh, yeah, just remembered...I don't care about my stats...:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF3]
Members
27,053 posts
23,842 battles
2 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Yes, low tier populations are that bad.  Yes, WG wants players to grind quickly to tier 6+.  Yes, I think this is also bad for the game.  There is some simpler, fun game play at low tiers, but WG has squeezed all of the population into higher tiers, so you would typically wait 4-5 minutes for a 3v3 or 4v4 game nearly all the time.

My WR% in Co-op against bots is 98.01%.

My WR% in Random is 57.48%.  Maybe I should play low tiers more to pad my stats!

LOL, oh, yeah, just remembered...I don't care about my stats...:Smile_teethhappy:

You do care about your stats if you looked yourself up and remembered your WR% across different game modes :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,643 posts
34,908 battles

I complained about this new idea of bots in Randoms. Hate it.

When I want to play against bots I do coop. Bots do not belong in randoms.

WG is losing it.

I am already playing a lot less than I used to. This adds to the non-enjoyment. Thanks WG.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,596 posts
15 minutes ago, CaptChico said:

My post was not focused on CVs in low tier but rather BOTs in low tiers . Feel free to look up my stats. My enjoyment or rather my past enjoyment for low tier play came from playing all ship types. currently i have also been playing DDs the Romulus and Klas Horn. To be honest i would play them more if not for the current sad state of low tier play due to BOTs.

CV's are the reason people don't join the game anymore.

People don't come to a game called World of Warships to fly planes, nor do they like having to fight an enemy ship they can't see.

CV's never belonged in random, and the update was probably the final straw.

• Meh 1

Members
58 posts
4,804 battles

WG Spreadsheet proves CV's make the game better.  

In an effort to share the fun BOTS were added so THEY ALSO can enjoy the CV fun.  It would be unfair to not allow BOTS to also enjoy CV's.

Current state of CV in WG = "The beatings will continue until morale improves..."

:cap_horn:

• Funny 2

[E-GO]
Members
207 posts
7,120 battles

Well, in that case you’ll probably never see me in those tiers again. I already was staying away from it cuz of CVs.
That’s unfortunate too, because sometimes it was fun to unwind in lower tiers.

[SALVO]
Members
4,408 posts
3,819 battles
50 minutes ago, CaptChico said:

I feel statpadding is now easier than ever and has been officialy sanctioned. 

• Boring 1

[WOLFA]
Members
16 posts
4,300 battles

I don't mind a bot or two to reduce wait time.  I don't like playing lower tier anymore because all the battles have two CVs.  1 CV is fine but two makes it unfun especially for DDs.  Low tier battles should limit CVs to 1 and bots to 3.

[WW2]
Members
352 posts
6,848 battles

It was like that yrs ago when I first started playing. The did away with it and now they are back. Full circle. 

[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,186 battles
11 minutes ago, CptRemy said:

Well, in that case you’ll probably never see me in those tiers again. I already was staying away from it cuz of CVs.
That’s unfortunate too, because sometimes it was fun to unwind in lower tiers.

For me that’s Mikasa in Co-op.

Especially when the torpies all die fast, and I can wade in with secondaries blazing.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,439 posts
15,339 battles
25 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You do care about your stats if you looked yourself up and remembered your WR% across different game modes :Smile_trollface:

His comment got me thinking that I win virtually every time in Co-op, so yeah, out of curiosity I looked myself up. 

Now I know.  Now I'm in danger of caring.  Now I am going to become a stat monger!!! :fish_nerv:

Whew, nope, I'm over it.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

WG, you messed up with the rework and handing of CVs since 8.0, among other things.  Virtually everyone else knows it except you, apparently.

Obviously, bots wouldn't have needed to be introduced into random battles in the first place if it weren't for the CV spam driving people away.  All the other "explanations" you're giving is just nonsense <--- and I'm using an acceptable euphemism here.  The language I wanted to use would have likely earned a post deletion.

Edited by Kuckoo

Beta Testers
433 posts
9,180 battles
18 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

They added bots this last patch after many complained they didn't want 4 v 4 matches in randoms.

Bots represent more XP so you should welcome them as you're not getting the economic nerf that goes with playing in coop.

Yea no the issue with this is how bad Bots play. Its one thing if you your opponent is all Bots like in CO-OP. When they charge in to suicide and get taken out by the bots on your team or your teammates its an easy win or should your BOTs, who also charge in to Suicide, as is standered BOT strategy, die 1st then you have the challenge of winning a match out numbered. This is not to hard as even out numbered its easy to beat BOTs. That's life in CO-Op

BUT take that same situation and add players as well as bot on the other team. Should you lose your bots 1st due to their terrible AI  you are now faced with larger force that also contains players not just bots. Guess what i am trying to say is i rather not have disadvantages or for that matter advantages in a match that has players on both sides decided on the performance of BOTS 

Beta Testers
433 posts
9,180 battles
1 minute ago, Kuckoo said:

WG, you messed up with the rework and handing of CVs since 8.0, among other things.  Virtually everyone else knows it except you, apparently.

Obviously, bots wouldn't have needed to be introduced into random battles in the first place if it weren't for the CV spam.  All the other "explanations" you're giving is just nonsense <--- and I'm using an acceptable euphemism here.  The language I wanted to use would have likely earned a post deletion.

I don't think that's true.

I play in low tier matches in ships other then CVs and the fact that there is a high probability of two Cvs per team does not keep me from playing. Personally if i am in a BB or CA i rather deal with a CV then a DD in low tiers. I still feel low tiers are the realm of the DD

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,914 posts
11,593 battles

blame WG, theyve neglected the lower tiers worse than a red headed step child for years now, and it only got worse when the CV Rework hit and made 2-3 CVs per side down at those tiers extremely common and just ignoring it in general 

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,358 posts
20,047 battles
1 hour ago, CaptChico said:

Well you did wonder why their bots at the lower "tiers"

Something changed about a year and a 1/2 ago and state of the game is now where it's at because of it

Like it or not there's only one thing that happened that's the cause of this

Really to bad too because there was a lot of fun times down there once.....

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-K_P-]
Members
409 posts
3,450 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

CV's are the reason people don't join the game anymore.

People don't come to a game called World of Warships to fly planes, nor do they like having to fight an enemy ship they can't see.

CV's never belonged in random, and the update was probably the final straw.

From my random checking, player numbers really havent changed.  During the times I tend to play (over the last 3 years), the player count has stayed in the 10k-18k (east coast USA ~9pm to 1am is my usually play time), hit esc when you are in port and they come up.  A few times I have seen it in the 8k range but those are about as rare as a 21k evening, usually during special event (1v1 ranked, April 1, Christmas, New Year, Shark vs Eagle, etc...). 

CVs haven't killed the game, it just has installed blinders on both extreme sides of the comments.  Now I wonder if the Bots in Random is due to the flood of new CV players, because of a CV centric event.  As you can see above 25 people waiting in the queue to play a CV.  If the Bot adder is part of the MM update then it makes sense, unless you want 4 tier 4 CVs in a match at the same time or for it to take an hour to get a battle.

Sign in to follow this