You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
exray0

Suggestion: Increase Premium Ship FXP gain

24 comments in this topic

Members
558 posts
5,048 battles

I'm sure I'm probably looking at this totally the wrong way, but I just don't see the point of buying premium ships. 

I do understand the following:

• Nostalgia/cool factor
  • Sometimes fun gimmicks not found in tech tree line
  • Captain training? (Can't you just grind a 19 point captain for elite captain XP and get the same benefit?)
  • Credits 
  • Just for fun

Honestly though this game is built to grind - grind your tech trees, grind your research bureau, grind your FXP which is all fine but to me it just makes playing premium ships seem pointless. I'm not advancing my trees, I'm not getting anything for RB, I get pitiful amounts of FXP unless I waste signals (and why would I because the base XP in a premium ship does me no real good) and I've already got hundreds of millions of credits. I' do have some premium ships that I play in the rotation and enjoy, but I always feel like I would rather be working on a ship that's getting me closer to a goal. 

I know that I personally would open my wallet harder for premiums if they had boosted FXP earnings (and I think substantial boost - earning 100ish FXP for a "good" win in a premium with just the base permacamo is nothing).

[--K--]
Supertester
1,590 posts
15,375 battles

Capt retaining as I move up the tech tree lines. 

Unique playstyle. 

Additional ship to run 19 pt capts through for first win bonuses. 

Anshan gets a special free xp bonus. 

[RGPLT]
Members
683 posts
18,438 battles

No can do because then prices gotta go up. Learn about online game economics.

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles

While I would personally welcome an increase in FXP earnings, I'm not sure that the game needs this.  Then everyone would be driving around FXP ships everywhere.  Heck, there are already tons of FXP ships in matches.

I like the fact that the trickle rate of earning FXP forces a player to save and economize it as much as possible.  You have to pretend it doesn't exist.

Also, there are many players - your's truly included - who are already sitting on at least a half-million or more FXP.  Some with more than a million.  You don't even have to convert to get to that point, just be smart about how you manage your earned FXP, and not be greedy.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
9,235 battles
6 minutes ago, exray0 said:

Captain training? (Can't you just grind a 19 point captain for elite captain XP and get the same benefit?)

The real benefit is actually captain re-training. You can move captains that need to re-train for the ship they are assigned to a premium ship and not have to worry about captain skills only working at 50% effectiveness. 

I think FXP is fine currently, and any addition to how much people earn on average just means inflation.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,126 posts
9,284 battles
Just now, Brohk said:

The real benefit is actually captain re-training. You can move captains that need to re-train for the ship they are assigned to a premium ship and not have to worry about captain skills only working at 50% effectiveness. 

I think FXP is fine currently, and any addition to how much people earn on average just means inflation.

But his suggestion solves that, too. Elite Commander XP is the most efficient way to retrain commanders. It allows you to play whatever ship you want and retrain whatever ship you want. No need to switch up, just tap into your stockpile and bam, next match you're using a new ship.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
9,235 battles
Just now, Shoggoth_pinup said:

But his suggestion solves that, too. Elite Commander XP is the most efficient way to retrain commanders. It allows you to play whatever ship you want and retrain whatever ship you want. No need to switch up, just tap into your stockpile and bam, next match you're using a new ship.

Depends on how much you have to spend, I like using my ECXP to retrain captains (190k for 19 point-er). However, you are correct, it can do that as well.

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles

can get 60k free xp per clan brawl/battle i dont think the game needs more free xp outlets

[USN]
Members
1,640 posts
21,132 battles
38 minutes ago, Brohk said:

if you have multiple 19 point captains, then you should have more than enough CXP stockpiled to retrain captains. Granted that isn't true for everyone, but for a lot of long time players/those playing competitive this is probably true. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,331 posts
14,924 battles

Premium ships get an experience boost from their camouflage which increases free experience.

Members
558 posts
5,048 battles
31 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

can get 60k free xp per clan brawl/battle i dont think the game needs more free xp outlets

I suppose you’re right but that’s of no benefit if you don’t play CB. 

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles
29 minutes ago, exray0 said:

I suppose you’re right but that’s of no benefit if you don’t play CB. 

you dont get paid if you dont put in the work

• Meh 2

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
1 hour ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Fxp prices are already too high. We don't need even more inflation.

I think the OP was suggesting that FXP be more easily attainable, not that items bought with FXP be more expensive.

[NWO-1]
Members
242 posts
5,181 battles

I don't understand the point of using premium ships to re-train captains while grinding. Why not just deal with the reduction of caption skills? At least then you are earning XP on the ship as well.

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
12 minutes ago, MollyGodiva said:

I don't understand the point of using premium ships to re-train captains while grinding. Why not just deal with the reduction of caption skills? At least then you are earning XP on the ship as well.

Well, that's still an option, lol.

At least there is no reduction penalty retraining on a premium.  That is the point, after all, but you don't have to do that way.

If the captain has only two or three skills it probably doesn't matter.  But once you start getting captains nearly maxed out then it's a lot to give up, even if it is temporary.  You more seriously consider paying for retraining or transferring to a suitable premium.

Edited by Kuckoo

[--K--]
Supertester
1,590 posts
15,375 battles
14 minutes ago, MollyGodiva said:

Because you'll be less effective during that period. 

[KAPPA]
Members
3,126 posts
9,284 battles
2 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

I think the OP was suggesting that FXP be more easily attainable, not that items bought with FXP be more expensive.

Yes, but items have become more expensive because FXP is so easy to get now. Mo was 750k, and now T9s go for 1m. That's not exactly a small increase (33%), and I'd not want to see the prices go up even more.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,126 posts
9,284 battles
3 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

if you have multiple 19 point captains, then you should have more than enough CXP stockpiled to retrain captains. Granted that isn't true for everyone, but for a lot of long time players/those playing competitive this is probably true. 

Honestly, it's wise to always keep around enough Cxp specifically for that no matter if you're a long time player or not. Spending it on a commander for more points is a good secondary goal once you have larger amounts, but the biggest impact comes from ease of retraining.

But, well... pacing one's self and saving up can be hard, so I can understand those that don't. Takes long-term thinking and expectations of being around long enough to benifit.

Why save for retirement if you were told you'd live to see 30, basically.

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
1 hour ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Yes, but items have become more expensive because FXP is so easy to get now. Mo was 750k, and now T9s go for 1m. That's not exactly a small increase (33%), and I'd not want to see the prices go up even more.

Might argue that WG grossly underestimated how people are willing to grind or convert 750k for the MO, than FXP being more easily attainable now than before.  Especially being that the MO was the first FXP ship.  It had no precedent, so it would have been difficult to gauge how accessible it would be.  As it turned out, MOs became common in matches before its availability was pulled.  Lesson learned.

Meanwhile, the base rate at which one earns FXP hasn't changed.

[SYN]
Members
15,971 posts
12,803 battles

WG already kind of does this.

Some premium ships come with their own, unique, FXP boosting camouflage.

Unfortunately, by "Some", I mean there is only Anshan that has this feature.

Members
558 posts
5,048 battles

Alright, so some of you don't love the more FXP idea. That's ok.

I still feel there should be something other than credits for using a premium ship. If I had a reason to buy premium ships I would, they just don't give me anything useful (aside from fun!). 

Edited by exray0

[KAPPA]
Members
3,126 posts
9,284 battles
24 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Might argue that WG grossly underestimated how people are willing to grind or convert 750k for the MO, than FXP being more easily attainable now than before.  Especially being that the MO was the first FXP ship.  It had no precedent, so it would have been difficult to gauge how accessible it would be.  As it turned out, MOs became common in matches before its availability was pulled.  Lesson learned.

Meanwhile, the base rate at which one earns FXP hasn't changed.

There are far more super signal types and far, far better camos to stack with them. Sure, they nerfed Narai, but getting big lumps of Fxp isn't hard if you stack all the bonuses, as they increase exponentially. Getting 20-30k fxp in Narai probably isn't much different than it was before, ignoring the removal of Narai for the time being.

I'd go so far as to guess that Fxp gains, with an optimal setup, have doubled since when Mo came out. Sure, one can't maintain the super camo bonuses for long, but even without fielding 400% xp camo, the various dragon signals build up quite fast anymore, assuming you don't squander them needlessly. Where once we had 5 of such signals, now we also have 8. Even combining those 6 with the right bonuses with just 125% camos can have quite good payouts.

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
1 minute ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

There are far more super signal types and far, far better camos to stack with them. Sure, they nerfed Narai, but getting big lumps of Fxp isn't hard if you stack all the bonuses, as they increase exponentially. Getting 20-30k fxp in Narai probably isn't much different than it was before, ignoring the removal of Narai for the time being.

I'd go so far as to guess that Fxp gains, with an optimal setup, have doubled since when Mo came out. Sure, one can't maintain the super camo bonuses for long, but even without fielding 400% xp camo, the various dragon signals build up quite fast anymore, assuming you don't squander them needlessly. Where once we had 5 of such signals, now we also have 8. Even combining those 6 with the right bonuses with just 125% camos can have quite good payouts.

You're right, there are a lot more FXP, XP, etc. modifiers available now than there were when the MO first became available.  Given the right combination of camos, signals, and with a premium account, one can easily rack up a few thousand FXP per match.  Was doing that myself last week while grinding commander XP to fast-track some other captains up to 19 points.  Earned nearly three hundred-thousand FXP in a week.

• Cool 1