Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ElegantPotato

Naval Battle in Game Competition

4 comments in this topic

[PSFL]
[PSFL]
Members
69 posts
21,250 battles

Wargaming, if you want to keep Naval Battles as a clan competition that occurs each week between two clans from different servers, leave the contest be for base XP.  When it is using damage or signals (which has been the case for the last few weeks) you encourage players to play the game to accomplish the goal for a star for their clan, they have no desire to win the match.  DD's are sitting outside of caps spamming artillery or chasing BB's to get hits for the signal flags, cruisers never come near a cap.  It is all about artillery hits for the signals since it is the easiest to get for cruisers and destroyers.  Battleships are flying into caps to get secondary hit flags.   This ruins the game experience for everyone when you have multiple players in the game only doing what they need to so they get that star for their clan.  

Using base xp to get a star in most cases your team  has to win so you get that bonus to accomplish the goal for that ship and nation.  

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
817 posts
9,732 battles

I actually prefer damage. Many bbs will camp at max range regardless. At least in damage I know I have to contribute and I can even if the team is potatoes. If it’s xp based it usually requires a win after the 2nd or 3rd star in the line. Either way, I like it being switched up. Ribbons is prolly my fav but that could be because it’s 10 battles of meme secondary battleships for me

Edited by ditka_Fatdog
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,323 posts
25,263 battles

I think the point is so you can, at least in the lower brackets, get the star with at least a bit of effort, win or lose.

This lets less experienced clan members participate.

In any case; why does it ultimately matter how you get the star, as long as you get it?

If you perform, win or lose, you’re generally going to get the star.

Winning versus losing has consequences, credits, fxp, etc... but until you get to the higher brackets, that doesn’t really matter.

This isn’t regular CB after all, where a win or a loss really does matter.

Just play normally. If others want to farm, recognize that and take advantage of it.

• Thanks 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
105 posts

Using damage and ribbons also allows the clan members who are primarily Co-op players to play Naval Battles and feel like they are participating in clan activities, which encourages them to join in when you ask them to do scenarios, divisions, clan battles, etc. Co-op players are not going to be achieving the base xp required when that is the criteria, other than the first or maybe second level, which only discourages them and makes them ignore any other modes of play. 

Sign in to follow this