You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Munificient_Mumfurt

The Hypocrasy of Campers

49 comments in this topic

Members
145 posts
1,974 battles

So playing a dd, i try to cap, the enemy is pushing cap so i bail.  I realize its a team of campers so i decide i am gonna show them that camping is bad by camping in a dd. 

What happens the camping bb and cruisers sitting 15-20km back start getting angry i fall back to A line cuz its gonna be loss.  They start saying report the dd for camping.

Go figure the hypocrasy of campers, they want the dd to go up and tank for em while they sit way back and miss their shots, thinking thats the dds job.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,476 battles

I mean, it actually is the job of the DD to spot, cap and range ahead of the BBs and CAs. 

Doing that job however has become increasingly more difficult. Also, tale as old as time my friend, I remember griping about this in the beta. 

• Cool 2

Members
6,347 posts
19,974 battles
11 minutes ago, Munificient_Mumfurt said:

So playing a dd, i try to cap, the enemy is pushing cap so i bail.  I realize its a team of campers so i decide i am gonna show them that camping is bad by camping in a dd. 

What happens the camping bb and cruisers sitting 15-20km back start getting angry i fall back to A line cuz its gonna be loss.  They start saying report the dd for camping.

Go figure the hypocrasy of campers, they want the dd to go up and tank for em while they sit way back and miss their shots, thinking thats the dds job.

The best players in the game camp.

Playing DD, I hope this will change how you play.

Spot and live, capping early and dying is much worse than living and capping later.

Loiter around caps, let them show you where they are. Many times they will leave the cap and you can take it from them immediately. Let them cap early...... They might get 50 points? It's a lot less than trying to cap and dying.

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
5,638 posts
2,260 battles

Join the club...

...battleships demanding my Lexington planes spot the Halland, I spot the Halland...the BB farms the enemy Montana...

Sigh.

Cherish the moments you get teammates that know how to cooperate with you.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SEA-7]
Members
129 posts
4,116 battles

DD needs to scout, BB has to push and cruiser has to support. 

using the terrain to your advantage is just strategy, but eventually every ship has a role to fill. If you are strong flank, you need to push. If you’re weak flank, stall and fall back if you need to. Often times the latter can look like camping.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[SOFOP]
Members
2,346 posts
13,767 battles

I love the dichotomy of this game.  You push and die, people complain that you yolod.  You stay back and farm them down, you are a camper. 

DD speed bursts into the cap before anyone else can possibly get there...."lol gg no support, bailing".  Push up fast to support the DD and he somehow decides that going across from A to C is a better idea, leaving you to die.

This guy.....I decided to teach the campers a lesson by being an even worse camper....all but ensuring that the original campers think they did nothing wrong and therefore arent to blame for the now guaranteed loss.

Weeeee.

• Cool 7

[TF_HQ]
[TF_HQ]
Members
83 posts
3,805 battles

Few things in this game irk me more than the guy who is sitting in his top tier BB on the home cap and calling out targets for the guys who are actually engaging, then finally pops out to engage with less than five minutes left to secure easy kills of the badly wounded enemy, and the loss because he did diddly squat the entire match.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[SS238]
Members
351 posts
32,831 battles

You are not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If lack  of support gets to you, come on over to the dark side. Come play co-op where the bots rush in, and on a good day, a DD can clean house while the BB's are still trying to get around that pesky island so they can get a shot!

[-TRM-]
Members
40 posts
1,819 battles

I tend to take DD's for walks to the obj. In exchange they smoke me out. If I am lucky I get to hang around killing enemy DD's while enemy CA and BB eat torps.

Now If there is a thundering herd of 5 Kremlins rushing me and DD, we have a problem. The 8 ton elephant sits where he wants to. THUMP. Hopefully you have gotten out, find some good cover ie small island and set up your torp racks.

As a DD I like to have around a 90 concealment where possible, 36 minimum knots to get out of dodge OR dart in to 5Km from Kremlin, loose the 10 torps while it's turrets are facing somewhere else and be gone before it comes around.

If the enemy team is irrational and are predatory like wolves, I'll be the first to hold up somewhere and plan the torps while waiting for them to get there. Im already dead anyhow. All the complaining in the world wont change that fact that they too behind me are also dead, one at a time.

[SALVO]
Members
3,380 posts
3,274 battles
50 minutes ago, Munificient_Mumfurt said:

If you want to protest next time go and park 6-8 kms ahead of them, then you can tell them you'll gladly move up if they move up. Not that it would be any change but at least you wouldn't be doing a Dbag move

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Members
403 posts
3,803 battles

campers and snipers are geting out of hand but can you realy blame them?

BBs are afraid of being cought by an HE spammer behind some island or running into some thick torpedo soup  droped by a ship thy dont know for sure where it is. 

cruisers are afraid of big guns AP overmaching their armor and scoring citadels hits regardless of angle

DDs are afraid of their main advantage (concealment) being neutered by radars and planes

all in all playing agresive puts you into great danger for little to no reward so its not a surprise to see players being so passive and afraid, For this to change we need a change in the mechanics or the introduction of new skills/modules that promote agresive playing, For instance BBs could use a new module that greatly increace their resistance to HE and fires but olso reduce their main guns range.

• Confused 1
  • Meh 1

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
878 posts
5,760 battles
48 minutes ago, Brohk said:

I mean, it actually is the job of the DD to spot, cap and range ahead of the BBs and CAs. 

Doing that job however has become increasingly more difficult. Also, tale as old as time my friend, I remember griping about this in the beta. 

That's a dds job with support..... without support a dds job requirements change IMO. 

But I agree that this has become much harder. 

• Meh 1

[RLGN]
Members
13,735 posts
23,957 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

If you want to protest next time go and park 6-8 kms ahead of them, then you can tell them you'll gladly move up if they move up. Not that it would be any change but at least you wouldn't be doing a Dbag move

Nah...

A real dirty move is knowing where some torp heavy DD, or Asashio is, and stepping aside to let them get through to the campers.

Most of them probably farm so much they have no idea how to shoot at, much less hit, a destroyer.

In any case; when I see a certain loss as a destroyer, I just go into survival mode. ‘Getting my quarter’s worth’ and surviving a game is more important to me than being a spotter for cowards and potatoes.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,380 posts
3,274 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Nah...

In any case; when I see a certain loss as a destroyer, I just go into survival mode. ‘Getting my quarter’s worth’ and surviving a game is more important to me than being a spotter for cowards and potatoes.

More or less the same over here. By game's end, farmers make  for effective decoys and spotters. Payback in the form of some smoke spam is only fair.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,148 posts
9,801 battles

Potatoes and campers are pretty useful as meat shields while you abandon the collapsed flank. Did this at times, especially in my DDs, when necessary to survive.

Don't misunderstand, I absolutely will risk HP to spot and all, shoot for the win. But I am not spotting for a fat-headed BB that's sniping. If he complains about my not spotting, tough: you have the means to tank damage, so you want my spotting, you get up and draw some fire.

Even seen this on Standard battles. My team doesn't do anything about the reds in cap but keep farming ones outside cap, ok, I'm not gonna bother spotting our cap. Loss is your fault. You can't accept that? Tough, facts don't care about your feelings.

Habit of mine in all DDs (except Khab) is wait and see if the CRs and BBs move within 5km of the cap. If they don't push that close, I just stealth torp and won't try for cap until my team pushes in. They are not teammates if skeered. In my CRs and BBs, as much as I judge can get in and still have chance to retreat, will support our team's DDs and even say if cap's too hot, get outta there.

Members
243 posts
15,643 battles

The A line isn’t camping, it’s throwing the game.

As a DD you _should_ kite a superior force, and you _should_ ambush people from behind islands when the situation calls for it.

• Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,803 posts
4,606 battles
1 hour ago, Munificient_Mumfurt said:

the hypocrasy of

Check your spelling.

• Thanks 1

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
230 posts
6,903 battles

Yesterday I was in a game where friendly Daring said pls support me. I was in a zao and spawned near him so I thought why not. As he was taking the cap 6 enemy ships were spotted charging that flank, most of which were cruisers that were much better than my poor little zao at killing things in open water. I told the daring to get out as there was no way we would take this cap. The Daring completely ignored me and upon his inevitable death proceeded to call the entire flank cowards as we all safely kited away from the charge. 
I have a feeling that OP has a similar attitude to that Daring

[NMKJT]
Members
2,551 posts
6,993 battles
2 hours ago, Munificient_Mumfurt said:

Don't try to cap early game, unless the enemy team is literally giving you the opportunity on a silver platter by neglect at your cap. In 2016 WoWS a lot of players didn't shoot DDs that consistently, it's certainly not true now. Unless you're solidly backed up by a lot of ships with good positions to stick around, just spot and don't take big risks. Like, you can make feints at it and see if you can get the enemy DD to over-commit or make a mistake.

But also don't expect BBs/CAs to push really close up to a cap, nowadays that's a recipe for quick death and waste of your ship. Enemy teams love nothing more than free early game kills to cement their firepower advantage and help snowball the match.

If your team is more campy than needed, just spot for them within reason: i.e don't go really far forward, keep within their zone of influence corresponding to their guns. If they want you to spot closer to the cap, then they have to play more aggressively.

[SIM]
Members
4,724 posts
7,770 battles

So you came here just to butcher the spelling of “hypocrisy” and admit to throwing a temper tantrum during a battle?

• Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[LEGIT]
Members
2,247 posts
30,714 battles
3 hours ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

The best players in the game camp.

So do some who are not the best.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,803 posts
4,606 battles

Most actions to hold a flank involve camping.  Watch Flambass sometime.

[WOLF7]
Members
105 posts
38 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Most actions to hold a flank involve camping.  Watch Flambass sometime.

Is rushing the middle channel in Two Brothers considered camping or holding a flank? I'm confused.  :Smile_trollface:

[O2]
Members
187 posts

I find it hard sometimes to play against a team of campers if they are well-positioned.....and they have a DD that is okay spotting for them. Now if that DD is not a grown-up and gets princess-upset easily and does not spot for them....then they are so easy to defeat...Note the 'if'.