Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

Question about T4 carriers

5 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
Members
607 posts
19,959 battles

I was looking at my inventory of ships and somewhere I have gotten  T4 furious, I had the langley to try CV play (Parked them). My question even though I will not play CVs, What good is a T4. You cannot do events and such. I won the premium T4 russian BB and dont play it, cause it does no good in the main stream. So CV players have to wait until you go up 2 levels to start making points for anything but tiering up?

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,868 posts
12,501 battles
13 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

I was looking at my inventory of ships and somewhere I have gotten  T4 furious, I had the langley to try CV play (Parked them). My question even though I will not play CVs, What good is a T4. You cannot do events and such. I won the premium T4 russian BB and dont play it, cause it does no good in the main stream. So CV players have to wait until you go up 2 levels to start making points for anything but tiering up?

Other than the rare missions that do include tier 4's, you're mostly correct, there's not much in favor of having a tier 4 CV other that getting to tier 6.

That said, it's a good idea for a non-CV player to get a single tier 6 or 8 CV (not Indomitable) for missions, they make short work of torpedo hit and spotting missions, even in co-op.

I'm assuming you mean Tier 4 Hermes, as Furious is a Tier 6 ship, and as such, very useful.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,710 posts

The biggest reason to ever play a T4 carrier has nothing to do with seal clubbing or such. It is an opportunity to learn, sharpen and hone your combat tactics.

Each nation's CV line features are different - a lot of us call them gimmicks - but even though the basics are similar, game play between them varies. 

T4 carriers have the distinct advantage (disadvantage) of not being able to drop fighters to cover allies or spot an area. You are relieved of that extra duty which can be a real pita as you move up the tiers. Fighter drops start at T6 for most all of the carriers. 

Once you hone your carrier skills, you can make coins at T4 but not the same as the higher tiers. This is, however, the same for nearly every ship type/class. 

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
16,601 battles
2 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

First off, the tier 4 British CV is the Hermes, the tier 6 British CV is the Furious.  You got this CV due to an early access mission out of a British CV crate back when the line was introduced.  As you know, early access crates allow people to play with a line and store up xp for the following patch when the early access period is over.  If you don't like CV's you can sell it for credits, or dont and stare at it in port.

That's it.

19,000 battles and you aren't familiar with how WG operates these events?

[SOCOM]
Members
607 posts
19,959 battles
1 hour ago, BiggieD61 said:

19,000 battles and you aren't familiar with how WG operates these events?

MY mistake on the furious,  why did CV  not start at 5 so they could at least compete while tiering up?

Events like the germ carrier you cannot complete unless you get the carriers which are not available unless in random crates, which means Pay to complete. unless i missed some other way of getting them.

Don't matter just thought the CV's were getting a bit of a raw deal stating at T4 all the time put in and cannot even get dailies done.

Sign in to follow this