You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Antean

Minimum F2P Play in WoWS

28 comments in this topic

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,425 battles

T1 - T4 co-op Bots in these low tier random battles? 

The continuing Great Wreak aka the CV rework?

The continuing introduction of paper Ships when there is still no Ita BB or Ita DD regular tech tree line?

The lack of Commonwealth and/or European Ships that could be in this game before some farce GW/WG collaboration.

Very little of what WG has introduced to WoWS since Jan 2019 is, imho, an improvement on anything in this game. It is mostly regression.

Hence, I will be doing two things;

1) F2P. Why support a game that, imho, is getting worse with each update. I'm voting with my wallet.

2) Minimal Play. There's a campaign or two I will attempt to finish.

Otherwise, why play a game  where the MM & RNG blatantly arranges  bogus results (minimum 60% of the time).

Did I mention I've played WoWS since late Alpha. WoWS was a good game untill the Great Wreak (aka CV rework) happened.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Members
13,272 posts

Ah yes the good old days when cvs weren't mirrored so you could find your team without any and the enemy had 2. Or how about the fail divs bringing t1s on your team into t10 matches etc etc etc.

• Cool 3

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Ah yes the good old days when cvs weren't mirrored so you could find your team without any and the enemy had 2. Or how about the fail divs bringing t1s on your team into t10 matches etc etc etc.

I did hear that that tier 2 German DD being fail divisions into tier X was epic fun as you could not see the thing to save your life and it could bombard you with torpedoes in rapid succession until you were perma flooding then on to to the next targets lol. Ah I feel bad I missed those days lol.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,570 posts
39 minutes ago, Antean said:

Did I mention I've played WoWS since late Alpha.

The site says you joined on April 28th. What happened to your Alpha account?

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

Members
1,603 posts
25,123 battles
28 minutes ago, Burnsy said:
1 hour ago, Antean said:

Did I mention I've played WoWS since late Alpha. WoWS was a good game untill the Great Wreak (aka CV rework) happened.

<crickets>

• Cool 1

[SOV]
1,868 posts
8,476 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Don't forget +/-3 matchmaking for battleships! That was always a hoot. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,994 posts
20,713 battles
1 hour ago, Antean said:

The continuing introduction of paper Ships when there is still no Ita BB or Ita DD regular tech tree line?

The lack of Commonwealth and/or European Ships that could be in this game before some farce GW/WG collaboration.

Very little of what WG has introduced to WoWS since Jan 2019 is, imho, an improvement on anything in this game. It is mostly regression.

1) F2P. Why support a game that, imho, is getting worse with each update. I'm voting with my wallet.

Otherwise, why play a game  where the MM & RNG blatantly arranges  bogus results (minimum 60% of the time).

I seriously doubt your going to be able to play less than you have since Alpha AND make a meaningful impact....

Perhaps if you had 20 or 30 THOUSAND battles, it might make a point.

Of course, using an alt account on the forums will really get that message accross....

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,425 battles

All WGs fault initially & they were corrected.

1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I did hear that that tier 2 German DD being fail divisions into tier X was epic fun as you could not see the thing to save your life and it could bombard you with torpedoes in rapid succession until you were perma flooding then on to to the next targets lol. Ah I feel bad I missed those days lol.

& how often & how long did that exploit last? I never saw that.

15 minutes ago, Brohk said:

Don't forget +/-3 matchmaking for battleships! That was always a hoot. 

Again, something that did not last that long.

Nice try you three to imply that the game was somehow worse in it's first four years.  This game by 2017/2018 was excellent - better than what it is now.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,994 posts
20,713 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I thought the same thing, until I took my IJN T2 terror weapon out.... and got plane spotted....

Yammy secondaries at 6m shreds a T2 in seconds...

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,994 posts
20,713 battles
2 minutes ago, Antean said:

All WGs fault initially & they were corrected.

& how often & how long did that exploit last? I never saw that.

Again, something that did not last that long.

Nice try you three to imply that the game was somehow worse in it's first four years.  This game by 2017/2018 was excellent - better than what it is now.

GRIMMY OR ZAO sitting in open water stealth firing and burning up battleships.....

Yeavthe great OWSF days...

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,425 battles
1 hour ago, Antean said:

I've played WoWS since late Alpha.

I don't post here to falsify.

56 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I transferred it to Eu Server as I have more ships in that account & there are more players in EU so it seemed to be logical. The account name is 'Aethervoxx' - if you want to check my play record.

[SOV]
1,868 posts
8,476 battles
5 minutes ago, Antean said:

Nice try you three to imply that the game was somehow worse in it's first four years.

I rather think you missed the point, Old Spice. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[A-D-F]
7,570 posts
5 minutes ago, Antean said:

I don't post here to falsify.

I transferred it to Eu Server as I have more ships in that account & there are more players in EU so it seemed to be logical. The account name is 'Aethervoxx' - if you want to check my play record.

I believe you.  If I had a problem with the game and I wanted to share it my playerbase, I would be talking to them.

[WK]
1,089 posts
15,006 battles

I remember a match where my Nagato was pulled into a match where the Reds had two strike Midway's, you know, when they would get two torpedo bomber squadrons?  Our team didn't have a CV so you could imagine how THAT went. :Smile_hiding:

[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles
26 minutes ago, Antean said:

The account name is 'Aethervoxx'

I remember "Aethervox" on this forum.  Was that you?

[O_O]
Members
673 posts
2 hours ago, Antean said:

I am in the same boat.  Why would I invest money into a game I have no longer have any faith in?

Along with going ftp, I am starting to play less overall.  I even went as far as to work out the minimum battles I would have to play to complete all the daily missions: 2 coop games, 4 operations matches and I am on to something else.

This game could have double the population but repeated blunders and giving the keys to marketing has hindered growth and retention. 

• Cool 1

[TBB]
Members
616 posts
4,885 battles

It's natural to move on from a game, especially after thousands of hours on it.

If it ain't fun, move on and you may come back with a fresh experience.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,177 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Actually before KM DDs time...but IJN DDs had fun w/it.

1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I thought the same thing, until I took my IJN T2 terror weapon out.... and got plane spotted....

Yammy secondaries at 6m shreds a T2 in seconds...

Yes...but CVs were rarer back then & most times (depending on team assistance...which oddly enough existed back then more often than today) that Yammy would have been in perma flood mode.

1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

GRIMMY OR ZAO sitting in open water stealth firing and burning up battleships.....

Yeavthe great OWSF days...

Yeah...those glory days disappeared less than 2 months after I bought a T10 camo for m'y Gearing...which is where my spending ended.

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,425 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

I remember "Aethervox" on this forum.  Was that you?

:Smile_teethhappy:   He got perma-banned. You know, due to the 'Thought Police'.

• Boring 3

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,582 posts
3 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

ah yes, the joys of trying to hunt down the stealth firing destroyer and being lured into flooding in shallow water, only for the game to end in a draw because points hadnt been invented yet.

[HINON]
Members
13,272 posts
5 hours ago, Dareios said:

I also miss the joys of variable repair costs so everyone freaked out at the slightest scratch of paint because t10 perma camos didny exist nor did any dragon flags to help with the credit sink.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,059 posts
5,943 battles
9 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

When people complain about the MM these days...I just have to laugh.  

There are definitely still issues but the matchmaker has gotten orders of magnitude better than it was.

[HINON]
Members
13,272 posts
5 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

When people complain about the MM these days...I just have to laugh.  

There are definitely still issues but the matchmaker has gotten orders of magnitude better than it was.

Tis true, when I started we still had the +/-3 tier spread. I remember having a t1 ship in a t4 match and laughing that my AA was better than many of the other ships on my team

[INTEL]
Members
13,068 posts
36,066 battles
10 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Haha, and the reds would have two T8s and you'd have a T7. So many complaints in the forums...

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,332 battles
10 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Tis true, when I started we still had the +/-3 tier spread. I remember having a t1 ship in a t4 match and laughing that my AA was better than many of the other ships on my team

That wasn't the Black Swan by any chance, was it? Main armament equal to 3/4 of a Leander's secondaries/heavy AA, AND a quad 40mm pompom, at Tier 1...