Sign in to follow this  
Herr_Reitz

Windows 10 - What Browser you using?

12 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,625 posts

I'm kinda, sorta burnt out on Chrome, the browser. The underlying, open source code base as a basis for a browser is fine with me. It's the excessive data collection and tracking I read about all the time within the Chrome browser that's burnt me out. 

So I went looking. Found Vivaldi. Installed it. Seems reasonable. At this point I have Chrome, Edge (with the new Chromium blades), Brave and Vivaldi. Tried Opera, not much of a fan. Firefox I use to be a big fan but then bailed on them as it just got too political. 

What you guys using? Why? And what do you think of Vivaldi? tia

[-KIA-]
Members
811 posts
10,609 battles

Still using Google Chrome because of reasons like bookmarks, passwords, and extensions that I've saved.
This is the first time I've heard of Vivaldi btw... so I have no comment on it...

[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,770 battles

I like Firefox...

All other browsers display to much unnecessary clutter or have privacy concern issues,.

Members
3,339 posts
6,719 battles

I'm on WIN 7 with Chrome. But Chrome gets modified and changed around when its not broken which drives me up the wall.   I mean its possible they did change it for some security reason but some of its cosmetic which makes what you did before not the same sequence of key strokes of the new version.   Oh well..things could be worse I guess....

[RLGN]
Members
13,727 posts
23,949 battles
29 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I like Firefox...

All other browsers display to much unnecessary clutter or have privacy concern issues,.

My first encounter with Firefox was an unmitigated disater. Browser was utterly unituitive at the time. (2003) Refuse to touch it, no matter how it may have improved.

Edge took too long to load when MS forced me to switch from IE. Only time I ever use it now it looking at login screen photo information.

Been using Chrome for longer than I can remember. Maybe whenever Edge first came out.

[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,770 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

My first encounter with Firefox was an unmitigated disater. Browser was utterly unituitive at the time. (2003) Refuse to touch it, no matter how it may have improved.

Edge took too long to load when MS forced me to switch from IE. Only time I ever use it now it looking at login screen photo information.

Been using Chrome for longer than I can remember. Maybe whenever Edge first came out.

Fire fox back in the day, was not good. In recent time, I haven't had any major issues with it...

The clutter is what I hate about the other browsers... It takes to much resources to view web site clutter that I dont want to see.

Then again, everyone has different expectations.

[RLGN]
Members
13,727 posts
23,949 battles
42 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Then again, everyone has different expectations.

That; or I'm too simplistic for my own good.

For example; Played two games in Orland on the PT...

...I suppose I didn't really do too badly? However; my reaction to those two games was so unutterably negative, all playing them did was reinforce my decision when the EU destroyers first came out, to NOT even bother with the entire line.

I'll play three more games in Orland on the PT this weekend; (because I'm a weirdo and play every ship I try at least five games,) but I seriously doubt I'll ever touch it again.

Members
4,055 posts
10,060 battles

Currently on both my main PC and my laptop (laptop is still on Windows 7) I’m running Opera. Since I moved up to Windows 7 on my last laptop, I’ve only used IE to install another browser, and I’ve tried Edge a few times and never really liked it. Used a combination of Chrome and Firefox on both machines for a long time, but stopped using Firefox a few years ago because of all the memory leaks and issues. A bunch of people have said it’s gotten better since then, but I had enough bad experiences with it toward the end and have since found other ones I like more that I don’t see myself trying it again any time soon.

I still use Chrome as a backup but started looking for some alternatives when Chrome began having issues too on my mother’s laptop. Found Opera after a few friends recommended it and I liked it enough to use it on my own machines. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,625 posts

Hmm... I did see Opera  pop up in a few reviews... I may have to test drive it soon.  

I use one of the known password managers. It currently is supported on the desktop version of Vivaldi, but not the Android version. I can't find any talk of it being added anytime soon, either. So my Android is stuck using Chrome. 

Once Google gets you in their embrace, it can be a challenge to escape. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,577 posts
33,824 battles

Win 10 and Chrome Browser with a VPN alll the time, but ditched Google Search for Duck Duck Go (DDG) for searches long ago.

I also have a Chromebook for travel so Chrome in both makes it easy to reuse every setting/favs.

[WAG]
Beta Testers
773 posts
6,995 battles

i use brave and edge (edge is for pdf and sites like my power company that dont get along with brave)

also use duckduckgo instead of google

Sign in to follow this